Search results

1. Onebean

Los Angeles based music. What’s your favorites???

I have so much research to do. Thank you!
  2. Onebean

Absolutely!! Tenacious D rocks!!!
  3. Onebean

Yes. But he makes the list because of his storied history with Sound City, his club house, and Rick Rubin.
  4. Onebean

I’m working on a 5 track playlist featuring Los Angeles based bands, and music recorded in the LA area. I have a few on my list including Eagles, Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac, Johnny Cash, and Van Halen. What am I missing? Tracks recorded in an LA area recording studio, bands originating from LA, or...
  5. Onebean

What tickets are in your pocket? (What's the next concert you are headed to?)

What did you think of Post Modern Jukebox? My wife and I went because she really wanted to see them. I was blown away. The performance and the sound quality were both excellent.
  6. Onebean

I just got tickets to Dwight Yoakam in August too.
  7. Onebean

JJ Grey at the Steelhouse on March 15. Never see JJ live and I’m pumped. Last week my wife and I went to see Post Modern Jukebox. I was blown away. The band was unbelievable, and the singers every bit as good. I almost started to tear up when they covered David Bowie’s Hero’s. I’d go see them...
  8. Onebean

Has anyone heard the La Dolce open baffle diy speaker?

I ran across these on YouTube, and just joined discord to get into the build group. I’m not sure if I’m getting sucked into an overhyped project, or if these are the real deal. Ron at new record day got me started on this path, raving about Clayton Shaw’s new open baffle speaker. Looking at the...
  9. Onebean

Lokerola’s Pioneer PL-41 restoration

This thread is getting me pumped up to start working on my PL-41. Mine needs the bearing and belt treatment, motor clean and lube, and a new plinth. The plinth for mine is long gone. My dad purchased this table new while in Vietnam. When he got home, he installed it into a homemade console, and...
  10. Onebean

Anyone using track lighting in their listening room?

@dcmfan thanks for the link. I'll post pics here as I progress.
  11. Onebean

@dcmfan and @tomlinmgt thanks for all the lighting information. No issues with the side chat, it’s fun. @dcmfan do you have a preference on the track light brand? I’m trying to figure out which brand / style is the right choice.
  12. Onebean

@motorstereo that is very nicely lit! I really like the vibe you have in that room.
  13. Onebean

@tomlinmgt very nice! I’m going to do some research on the lights you are using. If I understand correctly, you have a simple on/off switch to turn them on, then through an app you adjust color and brightness? That last picture of your system is awesome! That’s exactly what I’m after.
  14. Onebean

Thanks for the info
  15. Onebean

@motorstereo and @Sgt Shultz is it the LED bulb that generates the line noise, or the dimmer? After a quick search, I have discovered incandescent bulbs don't seem as readily available as I thought they might be.
  16. Onebean

@motorstereo so you are using 12VDC lighting on battery power as your lighting source? I'd love to see pictures of your lights, and room lit up if you have them. @Sgt Shultz what do you recommend over LED's? One of the thoughts I had with track lighting was to run it at 120VAC, and control...
  17. Onebean

I'm working on a lighting plan for my new listening room. The electricians are coming next week to do the rough in work, and my original plan was to go with LED can lights. After a stop for some drinks at a local club Friday, I've been thinking about switching directions on the lighting. The...
  18. Onebean

My little nook of sound

Very nice! Your room is beautiful, and I love the floors!
  19. Onebean

How can I add a second source to my whole house audio?

My current whole house audio system consists of Speakercraft speakers in 4 different areas, all volume controlled individually with Niles manual volume knobs in the areas of the speakers. I drive all the speakers with a Speakercraft BB865 amp, and the I use a Google chrome cast as my streaming...
  20. Onebean

Recommend a tonearm for my Denon DP80 and cartridges

@tabarddn51 That's a cool addition to the stock plinth. Can you provide a link for the kit arm you mention? What arm are you running your Denon 103 with Boron cantilever on?
  21. Onebean

@matteos I have a DK110 plinth that I just might try with the DP80 and Audiomods. Thanks for the encouragement.
  22. Onebean

I purchased an Audiomods Series Six arm, but have not built a plinth yet. I have been working on a new workshop, and it's taking way longer than expected. The DP80 is patiently waiting.
  23. Onebean

Mcintosh 4100 salvageable?

I agree with the crowd, it is worth getting into a shop for diagnosis. If you do a little looking, you can get a sense of the value of the MAC4100/4200/4300, then decide if it’s worth it to you to fix it. I have 2- 4100’s and they are really great looking and sounding units. Certainly a keeper...
  24. Onebean

My sonic temple...new listening space under construction

I'd like to hear about your set up on the Altec's. The toe in looks extreme. Can you walk us through your set up process and the sonic signature of the system as the set up evolved? I'm a nerd about speaker set up and try to learn as much as I can through others experiences.
  25. Onebean

Mac 4100

@Richard1079 I plan to use my MAC4100 this way, but haven't done it yet. I plan to remove the fixed jumper shown in the red box on the attached picture, and replace it with a y connecter allowing me to feed the preamp signal to the internal amp, and have an open set of RCA plugs to feed the...
Back
Top Bottom