Search results

1. Champco

JBL L88 Crossover Cap Replacement Question

Is it broke?
  2. Champco

Not the usual AR

Hi I may have a mate for your AR 2 if you are interested?? PM me.
  3. Champco

Electrolytic Capacitor Shoot-Out

Ok thanks. What got my attention was the -3db, which I see now meant "down to" 43hz neg 3db is volume level was wondering down from what??? zero? but is up from -12 getting to confusing Thanks.
  4. Champco

Electrolytic Capacitor Shoot-Out

Hi Pat. old post I know but can you expound on this.. "is at a minimum -3db down at 43hz,: a little more.. Thanks
  5. Champco

Official AK fishing thread

Insane BTW thats no walleye.
  6. Champco

Official AK fishing thread

Dog fish or sucker. If it grunts it is a grunt. White meat most people toss for the raccoons.
  7. Champco

Tracking

If it is from China it takes a long long time. Month not unusual. Times they have to make the item after you pay. Give it 30 days then contact seller.
  8. Champco

No BS'n around

Cowboys rock
  9. Champco

My visit to a high end store!

I blame wine spectator for some of the descriptions of audio systems.
  10. Champco

East Northport, NY everything McIntosh, AR LST, Revox, JBL 4343 ends 4 PM

Another wealthy New Yorker gives up the hobby?
  11. Champco

Losing My Mind...SA-9500 II

Power cord could be open on one side and you could still have voltage at the fuse.
  12. Champco

35mm Electrolytic in a 50mm clamp/footprint - Ideas??

My gap was less then that but I have used aluminum tape successfully. Barely see it under the hold down strap. It's thicker then most tapes.
  13. Champco

Anne Heche - brain death after car crash injuries

You meant actually brain dead.. oh sorry. Always was to me in some respects. Heard she charged up with coke and alcohol real good. What about the girl whose house destroyed. Kinda a shrine now..
  14. Champco

Any truly great Sansui speakers?

I picked up a pair of SP1000's at a yard sale for $20.00 Simple 3way in great condition. 10 Inch woofer 6 inch squaker and a pair of tweets. He loved them in his collage days I'm thinking 1973-75. Their sound was ok. They could take the watts and sounded ok but it was apparent they need low end...
  15. Champco

1099K to IRS if you have more than $600 sales in PayPal and eBay next year

Using a online service I paid the IRS with a credit card. When I attempted to pay the State on the same service I accidently sent it to the IRS. I figured it would be months and a check arrived weeks later.
  16. Champco

Do we really know how purely analog our analog media is?

When Digital recording came out, it's biggest advantage was the ability to edit before creating media. Tics hiss whatever. To me with having a number of early records which sell as "Digitally Mastered" I doubt much criticism of the process could be made even though it was not a Analogue...
  17. Champco

The development of the metric system.

"Your comparison is valid for tools (sockets, wrenches, etc.) but not for anything else." Pipe can be a tool I suppose.
  18. Champco

Ya got the point at least. Standard American that was based on the British weights & Measures which was highly influenced by Roman measurements. What would Da' Vinci think.
  19. Champco

Buttermilk makes metrics fattening and milking the butter is another problem. Slippery teets
  20. Champco

Had not ever considered measurements of light units in metric vs. sae. Nice. Metric works in many things but not all things where Standard American units does. Measurements of land is certainly easier and some parts of cooking metric is difficult.
  21. Champco

The romans used measures long before any of the references used today as standards. 19 centuries earlier. Much is still in use today.
  22. Champco

Harman Kardon Citation 22 excessive DC on left channel

May be easier and cheaper to replace the VR bias adjust resistors.
  23. Champco

Help on ranking my turntables please.

Please don't waste any time on the 606 just send it to me and I will give it a decent funeral.
  24. Champco

Original Large Advent (OLA) Tweeter Polarity

I would bet you are correct. Factories make mistakes. A 35 year old D4 channel bank installed by Western Electric in a Bell Telephone central office which was accepted, and turned up for service, had been in use for over 35 years, which, in my time was data based as a chronic "minor alarm". I am...
  25. Champco

The Official H/K Citation Owners Thread

Report?
Back
Top Bottom