Search results

1. claybar

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Got this about a week ago. Played great the first time i used it. Then a couple days later the VU 's went crazy . The right one buried the needle. I messed with output knob and it got a little better. I 'll open it back up and Deoxit the pots . :)
  2. claybar

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

Craig Series 5000 Model # 5504 . Left 8.0 mv Right 1.4 mv
  3. claybar

Craig Series 5000 model #5504

Found some burn marks and evidence of soldering on the back of the board. I have not noticed anything getting hot or strange noises. It sounds great. So, older fixes then?
  4. claybar

Craig Series 5000 model #5504

I picked this up today from a local seller . These pics are after i cleaned it. It was pretty clean to start with, just had some dirty fingerprints around the controls. I deoxited the pots and let her play :)
  5. claybar

Best speaker score under $100

I just got a pair of Realistic Mach Twos for $40. They need refoamed and have some dings and scratches but i'm happy. :) Last 2 are sideways because i was fixing the scratches on the bottom.
  6. claybar

Best speaker score under $100

Cerwin Vega D7's at an estate sale for $65. Realistic Nova 15's for $15 Realistic Nova 6's for $30
  7. claybar

Cerwin Vega At-12 buy

The more I play them the better they are sounding Forgot to mention the dust caps are see through. Never seen that before either. I do have D-7's and they seem like they "thump" a little more than the AT-12's. As for the gun, it's a Ruger SR9-C. But I'm not sure if we are allowed to talk about...
  8. claybar

Cerwin Vega At-12 buy

Got them rewired and everything works! They loved to be cranked up. Probably do duty at work for the shop stereo, which is also mine ;)
  9. claybar

Cerwin Vega At-12 buy

I think after i get them cleaned up, i'll rewire them like they are supposed to be using those woofers. Fix the grills, and then fire them up :) By the way , when my wife found out i took off at 10:30 at night to get these she just rolled her eyes ;)
  10. claybar

Cerwin Vega At-12 buy

I got these off a facebook garage sale page. The seller said the woofers were not original, no big deal ....yet. I went to pick them up and found he screwed the grills to the speaker with drywall screws! UGH! They were only $50 , so i took a chance just for the cabinets. I got them home ...
  11. claybar

Receiver and Amp nudies! Post them if ya got them!

Ha! You'd probably like my daughter's stereo i put together for her :) A SA-150 is in my basement unused so far. Realistic TM-102 tuner, SA-102 amp, 31-1987 equalizer, with Realistic Nova-15 speakers. Nude of the 31-1987 equalizer Nude of a Technics SA-700 that needs help. Stuck in protection...
  12. claybar

Utah Model HS12AX

Ha! Sorry, I meant the tweeters had holes punched in them. I replaced them with ones from parts express. I deoxited the controls, but they still don't work right. It's all or nothing with them. I still like them though.
  13. claybar

Utah Model HS12AX

Thought you guys might want to see these. I got them from my grandpa's basement when my dad was cleaning the house out in prep to be sold. I had to refoam the woofers, replaced the tweeters (holes). Replaced the woofer's trim rings, replaced the speaker inputs on the back , they were dry...
  14. claybar

Fisher xp-88 and Bell & Howell model 630 speakers

Darn! I thought I had some rare speakers. Ha!
  15. claybar

Thanks guys. I searched for about an hour on google and couldn't find anything. It's like they never existed! Ha!
  16. claybar

I got both pairs at an estate auction for $8.00. I can't find any information on these. The Fishers work , but they have been messed with. The crossovers in them don't match each other. Hmmm. One sounds muted and the other has more midrange in the woofer. The Bell & Howell do work and look...
  17. claybar

Show us your Technics stuff

I got these from an estate sale last summer. Picture are before i got to clean them up.
  18. claybar

That would be great! I'll keep you in mind. After the first of the year would be the soonest i can take it to be checked out. Thanks!
  19. claybar

I will. I have done all i know how to do. I replaced some obviously bulged caps on the power board and it still didn't work. Lights up in the front , but no click.
  20. claybar

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Thanks! I got the D-7's at an estate auction for $ 65. Refoamed the woofers, and now they sound great :)
  21. claybar

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Well i was listening to this, On this, Until my wife told me to turn it down :)
  22. claybar

My SA-700. Sadly it doesn't work. It won't come out of protection mode.
  23. claybar

Highest-end gear you've found at a thrift

I've been to every GW within 50 miles of me. Not one has anything. :(
  24. claybar

It's an addiction

On a positive note i did sucessfully replace 2 capacitors in a Technics SA 301 . Pretty easy i thought . :thumbsup:
Back
Top Bottom