Search results

1. Jackassrock

Yet another Cerwin Vega AT-15 question

Hi! I am in the middle of trying to restore a set of AT-100 (which I hear are the Euro equivalent of the AT-15), and it's been a real comedy/tragedy of errors. First, the woofers had been refoamed with silicone, so I had to buy a recone kit. Now I am the owner of both a recone, and a refoam...
  2. Jackassrock

A little help with a H&K 730

So, Yes the boards snap out. I should add that I am not actually working on this myself. I've had it to two different guys already. They have checked the solder, replaced the bias pots, disconnected the boards and switched sides. Same story, it blows one of the fuses within a week or less...
  3. Jackassrock

A little help with a H&K 730

I have a 730 with a problem. One of the channels keeps blowing a fuse. Sometimes a new one will last a second, sometimes a week. I've taken it to a couple shops, and they will think they fixed it. They will test and everything, but within a week, it always blows the fuse again. Any ideas what...
  4. Jackassrock

Your Picks For The World's Worst-Sounding Recordings

Sometimes I want to go back in time and try to reel Funkadelic in just a bit. They made some great tunes on that much acid, but the mixes could use a lot of help.
  5. Jackassrock

4240 needs a bulb, where do I get one?

My WC22 is in the mail and on it's way, and I noticed last night that one of the indicator bulbs is out. It's one of the function lamps (tells you which input you are using). Can I get somebody to show me a link pointing to what to buy? I can solder, but searching for part numbers makes my brain...
  6. Jackassrock

CR-640 speaker pairing

I don’t hate the sound, but it’s quite a departure from most other stereos I’ve heard. Very articulate.
  7. Jackassrock

CR-640 speaker pairing

I recently picked up a CR-640. It’s a nice working piece of vintage gear, but I’m going at it with some pot cleaner next week once my replacement bulbs arrive. This thing sounds a whole lot different than my Marantz, Pioneer, and H&K rigs. I probably dig the Pioneer SX750 paired with Dynaco A25s...
  8. Jackassrock

Silver faced CD player?

Did anybody make one? I’ve been poking around and haven’t seen any. Just black ones.
  9. Jackassrock

EPI A500 - Who's got 'em

Not entirely relevant, but I scored an old pair of Epi M180s recently, and they sound Grrrrrreat!
  10. Jackassrock

KLH 17s, recapping and doping???

Finally got around to this yesterday (2 months ain’t so bad when it comes to an at home project). Should I apply multiple coats, or just one?
  11. Jackassrock

You may only keep one guitar...

]I have owned over a hundred guitars and basses in my life, but it really comes down to just two. 1) '71 Goldtop Deluxe LP with a full humbucker in the bridge position ( I know, I know) 2) black '86 Standard LP Neither is of any vintage to speak of, but they are both far above any other guitar...
  12. 421239_3260165699834_323898031_n

421239_3260165699834_323898031_n

13. Jackassrock

Thanks for the help everyone! I have a message out to Roy, and hope to get these speakers restored soon.
  14. Jackassrock

Cheap caps? It has been my experience, and my experience is limited to guitar work only, that the cap makes a lot of difference. There's even different types made of different material. Should I use ceramic, paper in oil, electrolytic? That's why i asked for a link. I don't know these things
  15. Jackassrock

I have a pair of Model 17s and they sound kinda blah... I replaced them in my main rig with a pair of a25s a while ago, and they are just sitting in my basement now, but I'd like to try and fix them up, since they have such a good rep. I'd like to hear what they could really do. So, I'm looking...
  16. Jackassrock

Sansui 771 vs. model 8

Hey guys. Long time lurker, first time poster. I have been using a 771 for about a year with a pair of KLH Model 17s. I like it well enough, but have the option to get a model 8 for $50 and was wondering if it is a significant upgrade to my current system. What's the verdict?
Back
Top Bottom