Search results

1. TedNeu

Help me to decide (Desktop cheap amplifier)

A few years ago I bought a Mini Amp from Orb for 70 USD. Probably 25wpc which seems to be fine for my purposes. They don't sell that model anymore and the new version is around 200 USD. The one I have is quite good. Drives any of my bookshelf speakers nicely and sounds warm and clean. It...
  2. TedNeu

Denon PMA-600NE!

Still cannot understand why they just don't add a USB input to the entire product line. They include a DAC, but no input to easily connect to a laptop. I bet it sounds great though!
  3. TedNeu

Denon PMA-600NE!

Sound like a great buy. I had a Denon receiver from 1988 to 2015 and always liked it! But if there is no USB, how to connect to a laptop? I have a small Audioengine DAC that would easily make the connection, (PC to DAC to Denon) but then I'm putting it thru TWO DACs.
  4. TedNeu

Amp with builit-in DAC but no USB

So if you were going to use a new amp that has a built-in DAC so you can stream from your PC, however there is no USB input, how would you do it? I am thinking of some of the new Denon amps that have optical and coaxial, but no USB. Thanks in advance!
  5. TedNeu

CR-420 Receiver

Great information. Thanks Blue Shadow.
  6. TedNeu

CR-420 Receiver

"Warm" and "Natural" are subjective terms in audio, right?
  7. TedNeu

CR-420 Receiver

That is good information Tone Miser. I have been playing this receiver almost every day and it seems to sound better all the time. Big warm sound. I don't know much about caps and inner working of amplifiers however what you are saying makes sense in that high quality parts will last.
  8. TedNeu

Replacement spring clip for NAD amp

Thanks. I guess I can't replace just that one small clip. Look like a bit of a project to instrall an entire terminal plate.
  9. TedNeu

Replacement spring clip for NAD amp

So I have an NAD 3150 integrated amp I bought here used a couple years back. 37 years old and sounds like a fine aged wine. Just lovely with most music. There are A and B speaker terminals. Three of the four clips work fine, but the last one is broken. I have attached a pic of the piece...
  10. TedNeu

CR-420 Receiver

Question for @avionic or anyone else...could an amp sound this good without being restored? It was made 40 years ago!
  11. TedNeu

CR-420 Receiver

Bought it locally here in Bay Area at a place that recycles and sells electronics. This is an 8.5/10 visually. Really good shape. Just hooked it up to my Yamaha CD player using the AUX jack. Really good sound. Clear, clean, and warm. Pretty amazing this amp is over 45 years old. And its...
  12. TedNeu

Programming CD Players

Oh, boy. Just tried to use the program function on my Yamaha CD Changer CD 600. Gave up for these reasons:1.Must use the remote which has impossibly small print. 2. Needlessly complex function. I have a Denon CD Changer still in use even though it is probably 15 years old. Programing is a...
  13. TedNeu

Greetings from the S.F. Bay area !

Welcome Audiochump.
  14. TedNeu

Suggestions on amplifier that sounds flat - Music Hall 15.3

So I bought a used amplifier here for a good price. This integrated amp has 50wpc and nice construction. It was near mint and less than 6 mos old when I got it. The amp sounds good in many ways. Certainly smooth and I guess you would say "quiet". You have to crank it up about 1/2 way or more...
  15. TedNeu

New Emotiva Canine Subwoofer?

Ha they had me fooled! I saw this earlier today on the way to work! Here is another good one: They admitted it was a joke, but I thought it was for real....ha. https://www.kefdirect.com/
  16. TedNeu

Dayton DTA-120 has slight crackle with volume adj

Thanks will try.
  17. TedNeu

Dayton DTA-120 has slight crackle with volume adj

I have had this unit for almost 2 years. For around $100 it's quite ok. Large power output in a tiny unit. Not the smoothest sound if you are discerning (like most here) but I kind of like it for a small room. Lately it has developed a crackle on ONE channel only when you adjust the volume...
  18. TedNeu

CD Player with Fixed and Variable Outputs

The last time I checked this the Variable option did not sound good. I am using a "new" vintage integrated amplifier and they sound similar. Go figure!
  19. TedNeu

Thanks for the explanation.
  20. TedNeu

I am original owner of a Denon CD player (DCM 460) from late '90s. There is a fixed output for RCA plugs and a variable output for RCA plugs. I only used the "fixed" one, as the other sounds lousy. What does these fixed and var outputs even mean?
  21. TedNeu

Impedance Question

Thank you Boonaroo.
  22. TedNeu

Impedance Question

Basic question, so I know you guys and gals can handle it. If my amp provides 50wpc into 8 ohms and 75wpc into 4 ohms, will the speakers be louder with a low impedance speaker? Will I get a larger, more spacious sound? I realized I won't get 1.5x the dBs or anything like that, but...
  23. TedNeu

NAD 3150 versus Music Hall 15.3 (Integrated Amps)

OK, guys I'm a bit perplexed here. I bought this 1982 model NAD last year from a nice local guy here on AK. Really great sound! Full-bodied and rich, especially now that I have upgraded a few other aspects of my system. I also bought an almost new Music Hall amp here for a good price. Clean...
  24. TedNeu

Adding a power amp to an integrated amp

Yes, I messed up the quote, but I was inquiring about your system...thanks. I guess the AR speakers don't require a subwoofer?
  25. TedNeu

Adding a power amp to an integrated amp

Impressive. Hope it sounds as good as it looks!!! What kind of speakers?
Back
Top Bottom