Search results

1. AdamAnt316

Chat tips

Tip 5: "You may ask yourself, 'Well, how did I get here?!'" You clicked the 'Chat' tab at the top of the screen, whether intentionally or accidentally. :) I'd prefer it if, like with the old AK Chat from the vBulletin days, clicking the Chat tab gave you an option to either enter the chat...
  2. AdamAnt316

Chat tips

In the case of the chat software, it's actually Shift + Return to perform a carriage return to the next line while still writing the message. However, watch where the blinking text cursor is if you press Return to send the message, as that will perform a carriage return within the message text...
  3. AdamAnt316

Chat tips

I'm glad you appreciate it! :) Many of the functions available within the chatroom are less than intuitive, so I see this thread as a way to educate my fellow AKers on the finer points of the chat software as I have figured them out thus far. If it's OK with you, I'd also like this thread to be...
  4. AdamAnt316

Chat tips

Tip 4: Message functions, part 2: Similarly, there are functions available when hovering the mouse cursor over/tapping on your own messages. Doing so will look something like this: Again, the buttons from left to right: Quote the message text. Same as above, except with the text from your own...
  5. AdamAnt316

Chat tips

Tip 3: Message functions, part 1 In the chat, there are additional functions available with regards to messages, both yours and those of others. If you're using a computer, they appear when hovering the mouse cursor over messages; on a phone or other mobile device, tap the desired message and...
  6. AdamAnt316

Chat tips

Tip 2: Posting images There are two ways to post images in the chat, either from images hosted on other websites, or by uploading them directly from your computer or other device. To post images hosted elsewhere, first click the button which looks like a picture in a frame, labeled "Insert...
  7. AdamAnt316

Chat tips

Hello everyone. Figured I'd start a new thread with pointers on how to use the newly-returned chat feature on this forum. I'll start with what I consider the most important feature, the pop-up window. This allows you to browse the main forum while viewing the chatroom in a 'floating' window...
  8. AdamAnt316

Zenith Trans-Oceanic Royal 7000Y

Correct, but not this 7000 series. It's confusing because there were two entirely different 7000 lines, produced one after another. The first was the Royal 7000 series, which started production in 1969, and employed electrical bandspread for the shortwave broadcast bands like all T-O models...
  9. AdamAnt316

Chat

The chatroom is now open to all members, and there's a few of us in there now. Hopefully, more folks will find there way in there. :) -Adam
  10. AdamAnt316

CB linear amplifier good for anything else besides CB?

As a licensed ham, I'm legally allowed to run up to 1,500 watts on most HF bands, though I haven't yet gone past what my rigs can manage on their own "barefoot", which is generally around 100 watts. However, I do have one of these waiting for me to check it out and replace old capacitors: Good...
  11. AdamAnt316

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Yeah, I believe they were B&O's most popular product here in the US. I've also come across their other components and their speakers in my travels, but by and large I've come across their turntables more often than any of the others. I'm not entirely sure how they were sold, but most of the ones...
  12. AdamAnt316

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

Been longer than I thought since I last posted in here, so I'll post a few of the items I've picked up recently. I'll start with a pair of Heathkit stereo receivers, which I picked up at a local electronics store as part of a lot for $250. The top one is an AR-1500 from the early '70s, which is...
  13. AdamAnt316

Hey yrly, the AK Chatroom recently came back, so hopefully you can pop in sometime! :)...

Hey yrly, the AK Chatroom recently came back, so hopefully you can pop in sometime! :) https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?chat/
  14. AdamAnt316

Hey Daishie! :D The AK chatroom has recently come back, so hopefully you can pop in sometime...

Hey Daishie! :D The AK chatroom has recently come back, so hopefully you can pop in sometime! https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?chat/
  15. AdamAnt316

Can anyone ID this computer cap?

I had a capacitor like that explode in a Macintosh 512K I have. Sounded like a string of firecrackers going off, followed by a dramatic cloud of smoke rising out of the vent slots! :eek: The computer was turned off at the time, so I knew what had caused the explosion. Here are some photos of the...
  16. AdamAnt316

I Regressed And Bought A New Watch

Yet another watch acquisition to report. This one is a Caravelle, model unknown, which I bought for $30. Caravelle was (and still is) a Bulova brand, which they used on entry-level watches sold in department stores. The 'M9' code on the back of the case dates it to 1969. Not sure if the Scott...
  17. AdamAnt316

Magnavox CDB460 Help!

My Minimus 2.5s included a Realistic SA-150 integrated amplifier and TM-150 tuner set. I think they make for a rather nice combo:
  18. AdamAnt316

I haven't tried using a white/UV LED yet. I just remember taking a photo of my Golden Hour clock using a Polaroid camera (remember those?), and seeing the radium markings glowing for the first time in decades. I've had similar experiences taking photos of military radio gear with meters bearing...
  19. AdamAnt316

I don't suppose you have an example of an original Laco with that dial, but the best way I know of to temporarily 'wake up' a watch with old lume on the dial is to use a camera flash. I discovered this when taking photos of my Jefferson Golden Hour clock, and seeing the radium markings glow...
  20. AdamAnt316

Very nice! :thumbsup: The case on the Lord Matic is definitely reminiscent of that Omega, but the 5606 movement is the same one used in my round dial Lord Matic 7000, circa 1969, shown earlier in this thread. Not sure how familiar you are with these Seiko movements, but be aware that it's not a...
  21. AdamAnt316

wtf?

I have a Sherwood S-7100 receiver to which the opposite was done: Guessing it was used in a store or something. Not sure if the input selector knob being missing is connected, but it wouldn't surprise me.
  22. AdamAnt316

Ω Ω Saturday October 21st 2023 FALL FrankenFest in West Boylston, MA Ω Ω

Had a great time at the show! :) Brought home a couple of things, sold a couple of things, ate some great food and, most importantly, talked to some great folks! Can't wait for the next one! :thumbsup: -Adam
  23. AdamAnt316

How Do I Hide the Chat Status?

Not sure why there's all the chat hate on this forum. I've been here long enough to remember the old AK Chat, based in Javascript, and running within the old vBulletin forum software which AK used to run. I don't remember anybody on the forum whining about its existence, and we usually had a...
  24. AdamAnt316

The Good Morning (Your First Logon for the Day) Thread

Indeed I was, and indeed I did. Had a lot of fun as well. :) Hopefully you'll be able to go to the next one, tentatively scheduled for early April. -Adam PS: To those who haven't yet, don't forget to check out the new and improved AK chat feature, available at the top of the forum window.
  25. AdamAnt316

Yeah, it was a happy coincidence. :) One nice touch with the wall clock is that they used a quartz movement with a smooth sweep, instead of stepping once per second as most quartz movements do (and closer in looks to how the second hand goes around in their automatic watches). The only 'tidy up'...
Back
Top Bottom