Search results

1. JosphMerrick

Jensen Speaker Repair: Washington State

Hello, I bought these Jensen Imperial Reproducers with the Type D cabinet over Covid. The guy who owned them before me added the side controls on one speaker, but then he passed away before he could do the other one. I am trying to find a good place to bring these to so I can get the other...
  2. JosphMerrick

Opinions on a Technics SU-30A…

Just curious if anyone has any opinions on the SU-30A Technics tube preamp? Thinking of pulling the trigger, but there’s zero info about these online. Is Technics tube gear any good? I appreciate it. Thanks.
  3. JosphMerrick

LUXMAN CL-35/2 Control amplifier

Greetings, I have a line on a Luxman CL-35/2 preamp. It’s out of state so I cannot test it out. I was curious what people’s thoughts were on this piece? Any issues these are known for? What’s a fair price? I’ll be teaming this up with Bogen Challenger CHB-100 Mononlocks. These have been...
  4. JosphMerrick

Looking for info on these...

Yeah, it’s an ATP 16T. Started going through tonearms alphabetically and stumbled on it. Thank you.
  5. JosphMerrick

So...I went and checked them out and they were absolutely beautiful. The person who owned them before restored those cabinets, they have a great glossy look to them. The speaker we were worried about wasn’t punctured or ripped. I took out the speaker and it was perfect on the other side. I was...
  6. JosphMerrick

Thank you for your advice. I messaged Gordon. My guess is they were repaired. The original owner used these in his main system, so I’m hopeful. I figure for $800 even if I have to replace a 510, it’s still a good deal and I could always punt them along.
  7. JosphMerrick

Great eye!!! The guy who owned them was in Radio and evidently cared a lot for his equipment. The guy wants $800 for them, I’m guessing since they’re all original, minus the RCA badge, this might be a good score.
  8. JosphMerrick

So I figured out what these are last night: they are actually original Jensen RD151 cabinets with an RCA badge on them, for some reason. I talked to the guy last night and he wants $800 for both. They’re in “pristine” condition, according to him. They were owned by a guy who worked in local...
  9. JosphMerrick

Yes, they have two matching cabs. Okay, now I have to get serious about making an offer. Hopefully some more people will chime in so I can make a decent offer for them. I thought they might be RCA from the red logo but wasn’t sure. Thanks for your response.
  10. JosphMerrick

A CL ad is asking for info on these and is interested in selling them, possibly. I’ve been looking for something vintage that I could run my 55 watt tubes on. These just look cool. I can see these are Jensen 16 ohm 2-ways, but I know nothing about them. Anyone have an experience with these...
  11. JosphMerrick

Looking for preamp suggestions

That’s an idea. Nice looking gear. I’ve got my eye on a Conrad Johnson PV7, I believe, that I might pick up if the price doesn’t go too high, but I’ll keep this in mind. This would work great. Thank you.
  12. JosphMerrick

Altec Lansing VOT’s

Thanks for all of your input. I appreciate it. I think I’ll start researching a bit on Altec so I‘ll know what to look for in the future. I just know very little about that speaker brand other than the right set-up is supposed to be a pretty good listening experience.
  13. JosphMerrick

Altec Lansing VOT’s

Sorry for leaving you all hanging...the speakers ended up being taken down on CL with no response from the seller. I’m assuming they sold. Next time I’ll include pictures. I appreciate everyone’s responses. I just found these Altec’s, however, the guy wants 2k but he’s willing to negotiate...
  14. JosphMerrick

I appreciate the reply. I’ve never put anything together before, but for that price I may want to try. That Slider Preamp looks awesome.
  15. JosphMerrick

Altec Lansing VOT’s

I have a chance at picking up a pair for $750. I was told the components are 808-8A Drivers, 511B Horns, and N501-8A crossovers. I am not familiar with Altec, but I believe that’s a great price for those. The cabinets are functional, standard black, but could use a “refurbish.” I’ve always...
  16. JosphMerrick

Conrad Johnson is one I’ve been looking at. Nice choice. Thank you.
  17. JosphMerrick

Andy, that’s not a bad idea about Bartertown. I usually don’t do the work myself, besides minor stuff, but if I get the right preamp I’m not adverse to finding a tech locally to work on something. Thanks.
  18. JosphMerrick

He did not provide a schematic, unfortunately. The volume, bass, and treble all work. Thank you.
  19. JosphMerrick

Thank you for the suggestion. Nice. That looks like something I’d be interested in, for sure. I looked online and it seems those can be had for around $1000 or so, sometimes less if you’re lucky. All the ads from the US and Canadia on hi-fi shark look to be sold, unfortunately.
  20. JosphMerrick

Yeah, I see a lot of those available for around $400-500. There’s an all black one available at that price, but I’m interested in hearing people’s suggestions.
  21. JosphMerrick

I see them online for anywhere from $500 and up. This one has the original HK tubes, as well. I’m not sure I’ll sell it unless this preamp purchase requires it, but I have other gear I may sell before the HK. Thanks.
  22. JosphMerrick

The $1000 mark was just a guess. I’m open to spending more. This will be part of my main system, so I just need find a preamp so I can get the Bogen’s up and running again. Thank you.
  23. JosphMerrick

Preferably something “vintage” with a phono section, so I’m guessing no remote. Interesting. I know the guy who restored this amp removed all the extra PA components, or at least that was my understanding when I traded for these. Thank you for the help.
  24. JosphMerrick

Hello All, I have two restored Bogen CHB-100 monoblocks and a HK A500. I’m thinking I might sell the HK to help fund the purchase of a tube preamp for my Bogen set-up. I’ve been looking on e-Pay, various forums, but I’m not sure what I should try to acquire since I won’t be able to try anything...
Back
Top Bottom