Search results

1. Confessor

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

June 6 2016
  2. Confessor

DCM TIME WINDOWS 1A CROSSOVER RECAP. HELP NEEDED

I handed the crossovers over to Brandywine Electronics and paid them to replace the capacitors with good results. The speakers sound great and a noticeable improvement particularly in the imaging department.
  3. Confessor

Another polydome thread 6 Kappa

Hello this is my first Infinity forum post. I recently purchased a nice clean pair of Infinity RS 6 Kappa's from the original owner. The woofers needed re-foamed and the polydomes were degraded. I wanted to make a quick post to say I sent the polydomes to Bill Legall at Miller sound for his...
  4. Confessor

Hello from Texas!

Welcome to AK! I always am combing local craigslist you can find some great deals on all kinds of equipment find yourself a nice receiver or integrated amp with a phono input and build from there. I am a big fan of the DCM Time Window and Time Frame speakers they are always for sale around here...
  5. Confessor

scumbag scammer Dave is at it again...

Would that be him https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/ele/d/marantz-2270/6752480367.html I have seen the same cl ad for the marantz Eastern shore Maryland. It's recently been flagged.
  6. Confessor

scumbag scammer Dave is at it again...

Very similarly worded add in my area also. Eastern shore Maryland https://easternshore.craigslist.org/ele/d/akai-gx-747/6697273502.html
  7. Confessor

GigaTones??

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but I'm curious if anyone has used or has any experience with GigaTones? Btw this is a site selling cartridges stylus etc. Can't get ahold of anyone there. Based on zero response to multiple messages I won't be ordering anything from them but wonder...
  8. Confessor

Sansui SR-838 vs ....

I just got my sr-838 back from having some work done on it and I'm seriously in love with it!
  9. Confessor

Just got my SR-838 back

I had to clean the wheel under the platter and cover a couple times before it worked. Whatever dust was on it was not visible to the naked eye but was enough to throw it off. There is a thread somewhere here on AK about cleaning it. Anyway good luck getting it sorted it's definitely worth some...
  10. Confessor

Just got my SR-838 back

The bulb as it turns out was fine. There is a fuse to protect it which was blowing after replacement. There was a bad diode and capacitor in line which needed to be replaced I cleaned the speed regulator when I first got it and have not had speed issues since...:music:
  11. Confessor

Just got my SR-838 back

Thanks all for the input. I'm using an Audio Technica AT-52W2 cart with the Shibata stylus and think its a very nice sounding combo. I am considering other carts and am interested in other folks input who have had this table.
  12. Confessor

Just got my SR-838 back

Just got it back, shes been in the shop for a while getting upgrades/repairs and so on. Really looks and sounds sweet! This is a good karma table that I got when I visited my mom a while back. She asked if I was still "into" records and stereo stuff. I said yes! She then told me that when they...
  13. Confessor

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

14. Confessor

FYI VERY NICE REASONABLY PRICED RCA INTERCONNECTS

He also offers stranded more flexible
  15. Confessor

FYI VERY NICE REASONABLY PRICED RCA INTERCONNECTS

First I have no affiliation with the seller. I'm passing this info along because I'm impressed with the sound, quality and service I have experienced and thought that other AKer's would like to know about this if they don't already. The seller is only on ebay; sellers ebay name is jmshearer. His...
  16. Confessor

Is LP Gear legit?

I just got a nice headshell from lpgear. It was shipped fast and an email question was answered promptly. It's my only dealing with them but would order again
  17. Confessor

Will do! Hope I don't do more harm than good:whip:
  18. Confessor

great advice and exactly what I needed to hear! thanks
  19. Confessor

I opened up the other speaker and the cross over is the same. Not interested in beating a dead horse here but as far as the new capacitors are concerned is there any reason I should consider these high priced caps. Standard ones at PE are about $1.50 a piece ranging up to $20 a piece. Needing 6...
  20. Confessor

gotcha thanks!
  21. Confessor

Thanks for the input. So providing the other crossover is the same I will need 2-47uf and 1-100uf per each crossover. Any suggestions on brand or ones you have good luck with?
  22. Confessor

wonder if any of you have recapped your time window 1a's or has experience to help me out. I am not by any means an expert at this in fact this will be my first time doing this work. I included a couple pics in the post of the crossover in one speaker. The speaker serial numbers are not...
  23. Confessor

DMV folks...Where you at?

Hi DonQ welcome to AK!!
  24. Confessor

DCM timewindows 1A

Socks are available!
  25. Confessor

DCM timewindows 1A

Great find! I need to start going to more yard sales!!
Back
Top Bottom