Search results

1. Listnnthdark

Toshiba Satalite laptop USB issue Help Please

User Finger Trouble ( Me > :whip:< Myself )
  2. Listnnthdark

Thank you cpt paranioia ! Great point that I did not see .( "I guess people thought you had music saved on your PC because of your phrase 'I lost my music'. ) Excellent point ! I did not see or mean that connotation ... I did not "lose stored music " simply lost sound through usb due to EXACTLY...
  3. Listnnthdark

GOT IT FIGURED OUT ( Sorry for Caps ) But:banana: I Set the defaults properly and now have sound through headphones and stereo reciever + speakers when USB is engaged with auto default to computer speakers when USB is unplugged ( Success ) Thanks for the input and helping a computer illiterate...
  4. Listnnthdark

:thumbsup:UPDATING : * I think I have determined that it is improper sound settings . * Something I did inadvertantly in sound settings caused it and now am trying to correct . * But do not have it set correctly YET . (Getting much closer though ) ( I never messed with sound settings this before...
  5. Listnnthdark

PROBLEM SOLVED .YaY :banana: Transmaster Ty .. Went in to sound and did test . and found had not selected proper output . I saw 2 options "cmedia usb audio device " is (((printed really small )))and i must have missed it . Other option that was engaged was " Realtec hi def audio " ' As soon as...
  6. Listnnthdark

(FURTHER): it could be your AUX port on the NAD < One possibilty that can be eliminated .It happens with headphones directly plugged into adaptor . Have used same adptor for several years w no issue but just got new one .
  7. Listnnthdark

And YES . Point well taken on back up . You are referring to saving through use of one of those little "Thunb Drive " thingies .? right ? not done before but overdue . TY I am going to do that asap .( After foot of snow we are getting today)
  8. Listnnthdark

Thank you for quick responses and your input . I am very computer challenged so it is appreceated . May sound strange but I do not "keep" any music on my computer . I simply go to youtube and surf . I did try the other usb ports and same thing happens . sound comes through computer speakers ...
  9. Listnnthdark

Hi and Thanks for any input or help on this .Lost My Music and NEED to get it back . THE back story I have a Toshiba Satelite laptop that is about 8 years old . No issues with it except following . It is my main and currently only music source . When I first got it I was using the headphone jack...
  10. Listnnthdark

Truck is here !

Congrats .. Looking forward to listening impressions .. Jazz ( on topic wholly unrelated ) Dont know if you are actually having vertigo now . Just thought I would mention . I always thought nothing could be done and us w bppv just have to live w it . But I found it is reversable through...
  11. Listnnthdark

Closed ear hf suggestions please

Thank you very much cratz . i will take a look around for those .. Much appreceated .:thumbsup:
  12. Listnnthdark

Closed ear hf suggestions please

Hello All Thanks in advance for suggestions . My intent in asking about closed ear headphones stems from the fact that I live in a noisy location and want to use mainlly for Tv watching and youtube etc ( So must be compatible with standard tv headphone and computer hp jack .) The only phones i...
  13. Listnnthdark

First dac . Topping d30 - Audioquest dragonfly black vs red .

Thanks for the responces . . I am illiterate when it comes to these things so thanks for helping . I did notice the public radio stream is mp3 so maybe worth it to consider premium option . Not that I really understand what mp3 means but at least now I understand that they are " Lossy " and...
  14. Listnnthdark

First dac . Topping d30 - Audioquest dragonfly black vs red .

Hello ( and thanks in advance for input ) . I have never heard a dac but through reading up a bit am convinced it will improve my enjoyment of music . . I have recently moved to a rural area with no FM reception so have started streaming local radio through my Toshiba satalite laptop .a cable...
  15. Listnnthdark

Carpet Spikes for Series 2 Kappas ?

Thanks for responces so far . TY 7.62 I assume you mean after removing stock "feet " the spikes would screw into place and not require drilling ? (I will check that out at Madisound ). I am wondering if I would need actual set of "spikes" or maybe some piece of metal hardware might suit...
  16. Listnnthdark

Carpet Spikes for Series 2 Kappas ?

Greetings all . Thanks in advance for input and experience . I have relocated and new listening space has heavy wall to wall carpet . In thier previous space the 6.1s stood on a hardwood floor with an area rug in front of them . They felt like they had rock solid bond to floor with the "feet" on...
  17. Listnnthdark

Oh, Yeah!

Very cool . I NEED those .( And A pair Of 2Bs ) I was trying to think of where I had seen the "Dude " on the left .... Titian : "The Flaying Of Marsyas" :thumbsup:
  18. Listnnthdark

Oh, Yeah!

WOW Congratulations Jazz !!! My fav Genesis Album also ... " See The Deadly Nightshade Grow " Enjoy them ! :music: Just LOVE those 2 Heads on the floor . What are they and where did they come from ?
  19. Listnnthdark

Infinity RS5000 VS Unknown Pioneers

" All day long " (( AND Night time too :music:.)) Nice grab .
  20. Listnnthdark

Seeking Advice on Rehabbing Kappa 6.1’s

Welcome and congrats . You have way more expert advice from others here . But since you mentioned your first time I will share that those face plates are a pain to get off . In my 1st refoam attempt on them I had already removed surround and cleaned the cone before the wrestling match began . I...
  21. Listnnthdark

Refurbished Infinity Kappa 9s - including Polydome replacements

:lurk: Congratulations on getting your K9s all spiffy ! This idea of using Genesis dome is .. very .. interesting :idea: Did not know they would work . And while 500 is a chunk I am super excited to hear your take on improvement . REALLY looking forward to hearing your take Okie ! Very Cool ...
  22. Listnnthdark

Watkins woofer destroyed

Scary Story with a Happy Ending ! :thumbsup:
  23. Listnnthdark

oh no polydome going

Thank you jsours .!! They do look great ! and I very much appreciate hearing your impression of sound .:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: If after that dome replacement the the listener ( in the dark ) has the same (( EXPERIENCE )) as original I think that is a Very Encouraging ! I for one do...
  24. Listnnthdark

Qb vs 6 Kappa question Old vs Newer Comparison

Off Topic Note To (( JAZZMANS .)) ( Sorry for Total thread digression ) Re BPPV :no: ( < Bppv simulation ) I had another bout with it recently and thought I would share what I learned . . I thought it something I just have to live with BUT found it can be reversed . There are very...
  25. Listnnthdark

Qb vs 6 Kappa question Old vs Newer Comparison

I have not heard the Qb . but " sound clearer and cleaner " doesn't sound lateral to me .. ( "The Kappa EMIT and Polydome combination is magnificent " ) Had a chance to compare The Kappa 6 to many others at an audio store I worked at in previous life ..To me they were pound for pound the best I...
Back
Top Bottom