Search results

1. DMan23

Realistic mach one. Just over hyped?

Happy 4th of July all. Anyone know where I can secure a pair of 4024a mids or specifically their mylar(?) dome assembly? The cork/composite/? ring has cooked off on the pair I have been updating. I started in '18 but shelved the project when I couldn't MFG myself or find this particular part...
  2. DMan23

Mach One 4024, 4024A, 4029 Information and Upgrades!

Re: tweeter phase on original 4024a models, which mine are, we need to reverse polarity? I do recall reading a few comments about phase on one of the drivers with one of the Mach One series speakers but did not think that specific discovery/recommendation pertained to original 4024a speakers...
  3. DMan23

Pioneer CS-A31

Am about to open up my family's (father's, now mine) pair that we purchased when we lived in Hokkaido Japan in early sixties. Don't think they've been played since early eighties. Definitely know they've never had a screwdriver put to them. Definitely have the upgrade bug, since I'm...
  4. DMan23

RS Steve, I worked all day Saturday on my 4024a series. Took tons of pictures, will post later today. Began reading forum last night for my due diligence; wow, lots of history going back to 2010. I have the remaining 1/2 to read. Question, with the suggested cabinet updates and driver cleaning...
  5. DMan23

(cont.) I hit send too early... So my other question(s) are whether to follow any of the Tier 1 suggestions including: *Drilling out the lower chamber to the upper chamber. *Keeping same formula of crossover or make changes as suggested. *Etc.
  6. DMan23

Evening all, Re: 4024 / 4024A Mach One updates and/or upgrades, has there been a conversation on whether following some/all/none of the published 4029 series Tier 1 upgrades is appropriate for the 4024s? I've disassembled these 4024a pair down to base parts (except crossovers): * Woofers look...
  7. DMan23

Polk RMDS-1 Sub box scavange(big iron inside)

Kustom, have just gotten back on the forum. No, I never did attempt to "break-away" the PA RMDS-1 pre/pro & subwoofer system. Like many that own both, the RMDS-1 just works so well for what it is. I ended up pairing the subwoofer & it's umbilicaled receiver with 2 mini Klipsch bookshelf speakers...
  8. DMan23

Pics of your listening space

I mentioned it under a different topic but I've uploaded a few pics of a few HP listening areas around the home + home office but am not sure how to link or should I link my "gallery". Regardless, here are a few snaps of a few of my rooms & gear in those specific area.
  9. DMan23

Let's see your cans!

Same here though mine are the Anniversary set Sennheiser sent me back around '96 I believe.
  10. DMan23

Best headphones without spending a fortune.!

The steal of the year is the Monoprice 8323 series HP at roughly $22(?) that have been out for a few years I believe. Unbelievable value & "bang for the buck". I bought a pair a year ago because, 1) many folks were recommending these cheap costing things, 2) I needed a set I wouldn't worry about...
  11. DMan23

Let's see your cans!

I've uploaded a few pics of several listening / working rooms around house with HPs along with DAC/Amp set-ups and a few source devices in a related group topic but am not sure at the moment how to link the newly created gallery or groupings or if it's protocol to do so. Here's a few pics of my...
  12. Media Room pic #4

Media Room pic #4

13. Media Room pic #5

Media Room pic #5

14. The office AV rack.

The office AV rack.

Sitting adjacent to my desk, is another mobile rack of analog + digital gear. Easy access for swapping out & testing gear.
  15. Office HP Ares

Office HP Ares

Another listening station in the home office w/ "New & Old" - a Schiit triple stack + Marantz 2225. Connected to my local notebook PC.
  16. Media Room & HPs pic#4

Media Room & HPs pic#4

Another view of the media room's rear wall cabinet & HP stands.
  17. Media Room & HPs pic #3

Media Room & HPs pic #3

Another HP storage stand area in the media room = on rear wall cabinet. Note, besides album storage, the cabinet is also used for acoustical absorption & deflection in the media room.
  18. Headphone Rack

Headphone Rack

Another view of a HP rack I located near my left theater chair in the media room. It can hold up to 9 if I want.
  19. Headphone Rack pic #2

Headphone Rack pic #2

One of 3-4 listening areas with various HPs.
  20. Headphone Listening

Headphone Listening

A few of my rooms: Media RM Office
  21. DMan23

How old are you and what are the frequency limits of your hearing?

55 and each ear has varying performance returns due to a 1989 upset girlfriend, disagreeing with we that we should break up - true story. Popped my left eardrum and I've learned to accommodate the delta between R & L.
  22. DMan23

Hi all from the frozen mid-west.

Good morning all from the frozen south. With a windchill of - 4 this morning and our city essentially closed, I cleared off our windshields in shorts and a t-shirt AND LOVED IT! Today is a day for continued mods on a vintage 1960s stereo wide credenza console - one day a gift to my lovely wife...
  23. DMan23

Polk RMDS-1 Sub box scavange(big iron inside)

Am REALLY reviving an old post but I have a working Polk Audio RMDS-1 pre/pro and subwoofer and accompanying remote. Would like to use the pinout data you have shared and use the working sub along with a totally fine Pioneer HT receiver in a small room. Is it a matter of fabricating a special...
Back
Top Bottom