Search results

1. SkyRanger

iPhono2 died and guess what?

I lost music while flipping sides on a nice big band recording yesterday. I could not figure out what had happened, but I noticed that my iPhono2 was feeling very hot. I had a Radio Shack RS 42-2109 that had been in the top of my closet since I picked it up from a garage sale for $3.00. I...
  2. SkyRanger

Smart TV--me not so much

We just bought a new 4K Smart TV by Samsung (mostly for my wife, as she likes to watch Netflix and the like). We cut the cable about a month ago. There are two issues I have to solve. First, my 9 year old Pioneer AVR won't pass 4k or decode the latest surround formats AND my older Apple TV...
  3. SkyRanger

Protecting cables from Cat Attack?

Behind my main stereo set up is a mass of various cables: power cords, RCA interconnects, optical cables, FM antennas, etc. Unfortunately the cat has decided that this is an optimal place to hang out, and she has chewed up a few cables. I am wondering what effect a battery-powered Cat Shock...
  4. SkyRanger

Luxman 300

Anyone have any experience with this tuner? It's classically beautiful, but tunerinfo doesn't have much on it. I enjoy getting a few strong local stations, but do not DX. Thanks, GG
  5. SkyRanger

Kyocera A 910 monster saved

A year or so ago I became aware of Kyocera gear. I was impressed enough to buy a reconditioned PL 701 turntable from a local AKer (jnoyes). I have loved the turntable, paired with a PrimaLuna tube amp and my Paradigm Signature 2 speakers (in my small study/listening room). I began to look...
  6. SkyRanger

Pioneer Elite DV47Ai?

Does anyone know anything about the sound quality of this unit? I'd use it for audio only (CDs + 2ch SACDs) on a secondary system. Thanks! GG
  7. SkyRanger

Kyocera A 910

i just purchased a Kyocera A 910 integrated amp. Anyone have an owner's manual? Hifi engine has the service manual but not the owner's manual. This should be fun with the Kyocera PL 701 I have. Thanks! GG
  8. SkyRanger

Cambridge Audio BD + THX

I see Cambridge Audio is coming out with a new BD player. I am thinking of replacing my trusty 650 BD, which is mostly used for SACDs these days. BUT, I found for sale a 752BD with "THX Mastering for Sound and Video." I have not heard of this model and it is not listed on the CA website, as...
  9. SkyRanger

Denon AH-D5000 'phones

These are full size over the ear phones with large wooden cups. I've had them since new, but don't use them much any more. Any idea what a fair price is? Thanks! GG
  10. SkyRanger

A Kenwood "sound"?

I recently bought a KT 8004 to plug into my modern tube amp (PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Integrated) and I am enjoying it very much. I am very new to vintage audio, but having fun exploring it (at a slow place--not likely to become a collector). I am considering buying a Kenwood amp to mate...
  11. SkyRanger

Turntable cover static electricity

Hello to the group. I am new to the forum and have gone back to LPs about a year ago and developed turntable madness. (I also bought a PrimaLuna tube amp that is wonderful!) Here is a weird problem. I have a vintage Denon (57L) turntable in a niche in the front wall of the family room--not...
Back
Top Bottom