Search results

1. S

JBL 4341 no Sound Stage vs Spendor SP1/2

This thread has nothing to do with Estats or the Ultimate 745 for that matter. Let’s get back on topic. At this point though, the thread has been crapped on and would probably benefit from being closed.
  2. S

Unfortunately for you, I had a chance to hear a pair at my local store and did not like the way they sounded. In fact, I disliked them so much, I would never spend a dollar on them. They’re also ugly to look at (no offense to anyone). I’ve read many articles that disagree with your statement and...
  3. S

Let’s all just agree to disagree and get back on topic.
  4. S

That’s rude. Do you have some sort of bias against those JBL speakers? You’d be lucky to even score a pair, let alone have one that came from Kenrick Sound. Since you’re being so bitter toward some of the most highly regarded JBL speakers in the world, let’s see what speakers you’ve got. :naughty:
  5. S

I’m pretty sure ClaytonD is talking about the 4345, 4350, and the TOTL 4355.. ;)
  6. S

Lets hear it from the enablers - MC275 > 2x MC501

I confuse you with damacman, and now you’re going to insult me? Wow. Like ClaytonD, I’m going to yield from this thread due of the amount of hatred generated from questioning McIntosh gear in the name of science. If you don’t like what I have to say, ignore me. But don’t call me a troll. In...
  7. S

We’re talking about tubes versus solid state (MC275/MC501) and which one sounds the best, aren’t we? Who are you to tell us what we can and cannot question? You said: ClaytonD replied to your comment and even wrote “IMO” so he wouldn’t hurt anyone’s feelings. But instead of having a healthy...
  8. S

Lets reverse what I’ve said and see if anyone feels differently. - Questioning people’s claims makes you a troll, and should otherwise be ignored. - If a McIntosh amplifier is designed properly, it should sound completely different than any other current McIntosh amplifier. There are of course...
  9. S

Questioning people’s claims does not make you a troll. Please, just stop. If a McIntosh amplifier is designed properly, it should sound the same as any other current McIntosh amplifier. There are of course other reasons to choose newer McIntosh amplifiers versus vintage ones, but that’s besides...
  10. S

What about your profile page? People who live in glass houses shouldn't say it's wrong to throw stones, and then do so anyway. Let’s not go down that road.
  11. S

The treatment ClaytonD has received on this thread reflects very poorly on the community. Instead of answering his questions, members would rather let their pride get the best of them. “How dare he question what I say, I’m going to publicly announce that he will be ignored!” If you don’t feel...
  12. S

List of TOL vintage speakers

The original price of the TOTL JBL 4355 was $2,619 in December, 1981 and $2,802 in October, 1982 when production apparently ended. According to the CPI inflation calculator, that amount is the equivalent of $6,876.80 today (ea.) or $13,753.60 for the pair. As you can see, they were the highest...
  13. S

Owners of current JBL's?

You’re absolutely right! Some people swear by modern, others like myself swear by vintage.
  14. S

Vintage JBL Speakers vs Newer Offerings of Today - OPINIONS?

Tom, are you and 4-2-7 close friends or something? It’s nice of you to stick up for the guy, but he’s been a horses ass to many members on this forum and people like myself are tired of it. That’s not something to be proud of.
  15. S

People can’t afford speakers like those on a whim, so yeah, they will take a little while to sell. In fact, I almost bought them for myself if it weren’t for my current situation. Also, I wouldn’t call $6,000-$8,000 “cheap”.
  16. S

The original price of the TOTL JBL 4355 was $2,619 in December, 1981 and $2,802 in October, 1982 when production apparently ended. According to the CPI inflation calculator, that amount is the equivalent of $6,876.80 today (ea.) or $13,753.60 for the pair. As you can see, they were the highest...
  17. S

Greg Timbers is probably promoting the latest JBL product and doesn’t care about anything else because he’s content with having a newly made loudspeaker, which is understandable. He’s also proud of the accomplishments and contributions he’s made while working at JBL, as he should be. I’m sure if...
  18. S

What Power Cords for McIntosh Equipment

Are you telling me that a mere power cord improved bass, treble, and midrange? Not trying to be rude or anything, but how is that even remotely possible? To say that a different power cable “improves” your McIntosh unit is simply saying the engineers at McIntosh don’t know what they’re doing.
  19. S

You’re free to believe that modern JBL speakers are better, but many (myself included) will disagree with you. I’ve heard modern JBL speakers at audio shows (including the Everest), and find the sound very metallic and strange. Imagine looking at a photograph where the trees, the grass, the...
  20. S

What Power Cords for McIntosh Equipment

Factory supplied.. McIntosh isn’t stupid. Use whatever cables they come with.
  21. S

Need some bass

ClaytonD is not my friend. We’ve never spoken to each other. :wtf:
  22. S

Need some bass

Hurling insults will most certainly get you nowhere.
  23. S

JBL Hartsfield photos from recent auction

These look nice, yes. They kind of resemble the Klipschorns in a way. The only problem is, I can’t tolerate honky, two-way Horn designs.
  24. S

I think I know why I need a DAC, but which one?

Sound Blaster Z is that red-colored, plastic DAC with the little window, right? I used one for my PC many years ago, and it gave me a headache! The junk software required to run the damn thing quickly became annoying (despite how good the product looked). That was before I got into Hi-Fi. Now I...
  25. S

I think I know why I need a DAC, but which one?

That would be correct. But you also forgot to include SACDS, DSD, and others that some current DACs support.
Back
Top Bottom