Search results

1. The Gryphon

New Stylus For Dual DMS 210 or Ortofon Omega?

I have a Dual 1225 which I have set up to play 45 rpm 7 inch singles. At the moment it is equiped with a Dual DMS 210 with an after market stylus which is equiped with a 0.6 mil spherical stylus. I track this at 2.6 g and it does a very good job of handling my singles collection. .......However...
  2. The Gryphon

How Different Is The US vs Europen Equipment Situation ?

It is interesting to look at the names and brands of equipment members favour on both sides of the water. There are recommendations made by people that are relativly unknown on one side of the pond .......so how does the situation vary and how does this affect people perception of equipment that...
  3. The Gryphon

Any One Else Got An Onkyo TA 2700? Its a Real Gem!

I have been restoring an Onkyo TA 2700 over the last few months and yesterday the belt kit came. They were easy to fit and now I can evaluate the deck completly and it is magnificient.I used to have a NAD 6300 which sadly died and that is a well rated deck for sound and recording but this Onkyo...
  4. The Gryphon

Is AK A Place Where One Can Only Discuss Audio Equipment Or Is There More To Life?

"!I don't know, it might just be me, but AK does not seem to be the place to discuss "how life might have been if..." We tend to talk about tangible specifics, like refoaming speakers, rebuilding vintage amplifiers, and "what are you listening to now?" Quote from a member Found this on one of...
  5. The Gryphon

The Sound Of Music Sound Track Is One Of The Best Selling Albums Of The 60s..Why Was That So?

This is one of the biggest selling albums of the 60s, clearly people bought it and liked it , what you opinion of it, is it still a good record ? Why did it sell so many copies ? Why was it so appealing to the 60s market ? Does it still have apeal?
  6. The Gryphon

How Do You Think The Beatles Would Have Fared If The Song Writing Team Had Been McCartney Harrison

In the very early days of The Beatles , the songs were not just Lennon/McCartney or Lennon or McCartney....there is a documented Harrison McCartney song or two.....how do you think The Beatles would have fared if this had been the main song writing team.....how would they have differed and how...
  7. The Gryphon

Simon And Garfunkel: An Extension Of The Everly Bros Or Did The Pioneer Music & Push Back Boundries?

Tom and Gerry or Paul and Art had many albums which brough folk music to the audiences of the 60s and beyond. Paul Simon visited African and South American music in his path to today. Art worked with various producers to perfect his vocal style during the 70s and 80s. However they eventually...
  8. The Gryphon

Was "Tubular Bells" A Pivotal Point In THe History Of Music And The Record Business

Tubular bells has been an album that has has phenominal sales and at its time of release was a very unusual concept. Two sides of continuous music played essentially by one man using multi track technology. Add to that , that it was the first realease on Virgin records and this helped the...
  9. The Gryphon

How Would You Explain The Sound Of Your System To Another Enthusiast ?

How would you do this? What words would you use to describe this to others , how would you ensure that that person understood clearly what you were hearing? Could you easily define what were the strengths of your system and what are they? Why do you believe you are getting a good accurate...
  10. The Gryphon

When Was The "Golden Age" Of Audio Reproduction And In Which Countries Did It Occur?

When was this age in your opinion and in which land(s) did it occur ?
  11. The Gryphon

Does The Level Of Literacy Expressed Within A Post Affect How You Value A Post?

Do you feel that someone who has tried hard to express themseves well irrespective of their language skills impresses you more than a person whose posts are full of swear words or inappropriate language?
  12. The Gryphon

Share With Us Some Lesser Known Singersong Writers That You Know Of

There are many unsung heroes and Heroines on this front, please share some that you know and if possible some of their work..................
  13. The Gryphon

Why Is Abbey Road....The Beatles ...Such A Great Album?

Is it because The Beatles knew that this would be the last album together? Or The Beatles had evolved and this was the pinacle of their achievements Or EMI had installed a new 8 track desk in Abbey Road and this allowed The Beatles access to greater studio techniques Or George Martin...
  14. The Gryphon

Why Is Dark Side Of The Moon ..Pink Floyd ...Such A Great Album?

Share your thoughts on why this is such a great album and what it's lyrics and music mean to you.
  15. The Gryphon

Hi-Fi...What Is The Goal?

Is the goal To use a good system to enjoy the music or The persue the ultimate system? What are you views?
  16. The Gryphon

New Threads ...Do They Get Seen By Members Or Just Die?

Do new threads make it onto the new posts forum ?
  17. The Gryphon

Underrated turntables....Share Your Knowledge !!!!!

There are many unsung heroes when it comes to turntables...I created this thread so that we can share some of them and maybe if people see them cheap they will know a bit more about them and be able to obtain a good table without spending a lot of that hard won cash..... So lets leave the...
  18. The Gryphon

Aristona Erres 2751

2175 Aristona by The Gryphon posted Sep 12, 2016 at 1:43 PM I found this turntable for my step-son the other day and after close examination found it to be better that it looked on first examination....It is clearly an Philips clone of some kind and at first glance looks only average and...
  19. 2175 Aristona

2175 Aristona

20. The Gryphon

How Does AK Deal With People Who Make Lewd Comments On The Forum?

If one reads some of the threads on AK one finds that there are several members who feel that its fine to add lewd suggestive comments to threads ....is the acceptable to member of AK ?
  21. The Gryphon

How Do You Use AK and Do You Miss Threads That You Might Like ?

I was wondering how people used AK? Do you just look at the current posts and reply to those ? Do you ever scan the various forums for interesting posts? Do you ever use the search facilities to find threads ? Do you just rely on the alerts to see if you have likes or replies ? I'm...
  22. The Gryphon

Rotel Amplifier Fan Club

I notice that Rotel amps are not have their merits discussed here on AK .....so I thought it was time to start a thread I run a Rotem RC 960 BX pre amp and two mono block RB 850 ( bridged ) and have done for around 25 years I love the sound , it is clear detailed and very neutral to my...
  23. The Gryphon

What Beatles Alternative Versions Do You Have ?

I was interested to see what official alternative versions of released Beatle tracks people have ........... To start I have the original Ringo version of Love Me Do ....Parlophone R 49 49 UK Single and a second one The five hi hat taps version of All My Loving .....Meet The Beatles LP...
  24. collie

collie

25. The Gryphon

The CD I Am Listening To........

Dark Side Of The Moon ......Pink Floyd.......Dual layer CD/SACD ..........This is a timeless classic that is a good start for what I hope is going to be a long running thread. This album stays with you through life and looks different depending upon your age.....reflections on life , money...
Back
Top Bottom