Search results

1. Tdogzthmn

Looking for good Yamaha Integrated similar to C4

Yes, the few I saw on eBay looked to be in pretty rough shape. If you have any tips on where to look please let me know. I’ve been fortunate in the past finding vintage amps in decent condition but it can take months of waiting to come across something in excellent condition.
  2. Tdogzthmn

Thanks for the tip, that certainly looks like the right integrated I should be on the hunt for. Hopefully they aren't too hard to find in good condition and at reasonable price!
  3. Tdogzthmn

Im currently running a re-capped Sansui AU-517 which has been a fun amp to use and quite versatile. Recently though I became interested in Yamaha amps after learning about some of their classic combos such as the C4/M4 and the venerable C2/M2 pre amp and power amp combos. It seemed difficult...
  4. Tdogzthmn

Anyone using WISA speakers for wireless audio?

My understanding is that Wisa’s goal was to become a standard wireless audio protocol. It just seems like the more it’s adopted by other brands to more standardized it becomes. Is there another competitive protocol you are aware of that aims to do the same thing? Airplay from Apple seems...
  5. Tdogzthmn

Anyone using WISA speakers for wireless audio?

I've come across a new high resolution wireless audio protocol called WISA. It seems to be mostly aimed at multi channel audio but Ive been interested it exploring it for a more minimalist 2 channel set up. In terms of Brands that support Wisa, I've seen Klipsch has range of speakers which are...
  6. Tdogzthmn

Sansui Toggle Switch Replacments?

Nice find! These look like a 3rd party reseller for the parts. Looks like the switch mechanism is made by some Japanese company but hard to tell who the original manufacturer is.
  7. Tdogzthmn

Yea, im hopping to avoid buying a whole amp for just the toggle switches. Were there any identifiable markings on the switch that point to a manufacturer?
  8. Tdogzthmn

Im looking for replacement toggle switches that would match or be close to the type used on the AU-517. Any ideas who made these or where I could get a substitute? Image of the toggle I am looking for. Many thanks!
  9. Tdogzthmn

The SL-110/Sl-1100 and SP owners club.

Getting the itch to replace the stock tonearm on my SL-1100. Are there any known arms that can drop into the stock arm board? Ideally something with a universal headshell mount since all my carts are already aligned using the technics alignment tool. Ive seen some nice looking vintage arms...
  10. Tdogzthmn

Sansui AU 517 project

Good to see another 517 getting rebuilt! Mine acts as the heart of my system controlling all the signals in and out to other gear.
  11. Tdogzthmn

If you could resurrect a Sansui product

So it seems like AU-111 and AU-555A would be fairly popular models among the Sansui fans.
  12. Tdogzthmn

This is great feedback and really the type of thinking I was hoping for. The AU-111 is somewhat obvious due to its flagship status but it seems like the AU-555A offers a lot of that same nostalgia and vintage looks while being less complicated to produce.
  13. Tdogzthmn

Id like to keep the discussion strictly on amplifiers/receivers although I did think about their turntables which were decent. It’s true it would be impossible to make an exact 1:1 clone of an original but hopefully there’s a middle ground where much of the magic of the original product...
  14. Tdogzthmn

. What if you had to pick one specific model?
  15. Tdogzthmn

What would you choose and why? I wanted to hear from some of the more knowledgeable Sansui fanatics about which amplifier or receiver they think would be worth bringing back to life and why. For example I know the AU-111, AU-555. or even the AU-517 were classics in their respective ways. Let...
  16. Tdogzthmn

Modified Forte 1 Upgrades-Bob Crites Autotransformers and Titanium Tweeters

I am a potential new owner of a pair of Forte I speakers and just starting to read through the awesome amount of information in this thread. Is there a an order of operations when it comes to upgrades to the Forte (drivers vs. crossovers)? For new crossover is the recommendation to go with the...
  17. Tdogzthmn

SP-10

What about an SL-1100? It uses the same motor as the first generation SP-10.
  18. Tdogzthmn

Stanton 600 Cartridge

Much appreciated. Would the 607-D7M compare favorably against the 600 A? So far that has been the best sounding Stanton cartridge on my turntable.
  19. Tdogzthmn

Stanton 600 Cartridge

Very cool, do you have a link to this stylus!?
  20. Tdogzthmn

Stanton 600 Cartridge

Purchased a Stanton D6004E replacement stylus for my cartridge and just starting to let it settle in. Sounds quite detailed and natural already so hopefully it will only improve. Anyone else have good experiences with replacement styli on their 600 cartridges?
  21. Tdogzthmn

List of DACs Under $450

Using the MASSDROP X AIRIST AUDIO R-2R DAC ($350) right now and finding it compares favorable against my Metrum Musette.
  22. Tdogzthmn

The SL-110/Sl-1100 and SP owners club.

Surprised by the humble Stanton 600 A.
  23. Tdogzthmn

Anyone have an Audio Technica AT-LPW40WN?

Audio Technica recently introduced several new turntables which included the AT-LPW40WN. Its a belt drive model with Carbon fiber tonearm and a handy speed section dial at the front. I've not seen much first hand experience with this TT yet and wondering if anyone here might have one already...
  24. Tdogzthmn

AU-517 partial channel imbalance

I was able to get the amp playing normally by separating the power amp and preamp sections on the rear of the amp. In addition to getting both channels back, i am able to use my in line attenuators to reduce the gain from the preamp section into the power amp section. This has allowed me to...
Back
Top Bottom