Search results

1. Gmm213

Voltage vs Current DACs

I came across a website which mentioned both but did not explain about the differences. I tried searching but there's almost nothing in the google and the search here as far as I can tell won't allow me to require certain words so it returns every post that contains dac or current or voltage but...
  2. Gmm213

USB vs 1/8" output

I am looking to run audio out of my PC to a small mixer, probably going to find one with a DAC built in. I was wondering if sound quality from one is better than the other or any other reasons to choose one over the other?
  3. Gmm213

Receiver vs speaker specs

Im am sure this has been answered and I have no idea how to phrase it, but... how do you determine what speakers will work good with a specific receiver? Exe: I have a 13 wpc receiver what specs should I look at in a speaker to find a good match. Also how do you determine if a receiver is too...
  4. Gmm213

Kenwood KA 7002 KT 5300

https://richmond.craigslist.org/ele/6318979069.html The guy said he'd do $150 at best. But its a 2 hr dive.
  5. Gmm213

1983 Pioneer system

https://norfolk.craigslist.org/ele/d/vintage-1983-pioneer-stereo/6272754070.html I'm just wondering if this is a good buy or not? Currently I run my turntable to a preamp into powered speakers and I've been looking to go more towards a full system. I figured this would be a nice 'turn key '...
  6. Gmm213

Vinyl Pressings

I hope this found the right spot in the forums. If not please move to the correct place. I have been surfing Discogs and wanting to place my first order. So far Ive been picking stuff up here and there at flea markets and a few local shops. I was wondering how to decide on which specific...
  7. Gmm213

Cassette Deck Distorted Playback

So I picked up a Sansui D-350W a few months back for $5. Its been working great until the other day. I threw a cassette in one of the decks and hit play. For a few seconds it played normal then became extremely muffled and it sounded off, the tones. The other deck has no issues, as of yet. Any...
  8. Gmm213

Gaming headset for audio?

I have a good set of gaming headphones, HyperX Cloud II. I have used them a bit with my setup. I was wondering how much dedicated audio headphones would sound vs enclosed gaming headphones. Id be looking at $100, the amount I spent on my HyperX. My thinking is that my HyperX has bells and...
  9. Gmm213

Hardcore Punk digital code

I picked up a record, Nonstop Feeling, from a band called Turnstile. It had a digital copy code in it. Its a used record so I dont know if the codes been used or not, but if anyones interested let me know and Ill give it to you.
  10. Gmm213

Sansui D-350W

I was at Goodwill today and came across this for $5. It all works, sounds good from what I know about cassettes. I figured for $5 I wasn't overpaying and tapes are so cheap I'd grab it. I don't plan on doing any recording on it or anything, just a nice cheap addition to my little system. I did...
  11. Gmm213

Sansui 5500 value

Please move if this isnt the right place. I have found a little about this receiver, but not really a value on what its worth. I came across one on a website thats currently at $19 bid with $23 shipping. The people that seem to own them really like them, but I cant find out a realistic price...
  12. Gmm213

My budget system

This is my Sherwood ST-880 that has an AT-95E that I got for free. It goes into a Music Hall Mini amp and now to an AV switch. This then goes to my pair of powered Mackie CR3s, Ive heard that they are a better bang for your buck than A5s and a local shop sells these so I can always hit them up...
  13. Gmm213

Using Phono amp with receiver

Im just curious how many people use a dedicated phono amp on their receivers/tables vs using the on board one? Im thinking about picking up an ok receiver, so I can upgrade from these powered speakers. I see a lot of people still prefer there dedicated phono amps when talking about their...
  14. Gmm213

I am not the brightest

So I figured Id put this here since its just banter. For the last two or so days Ive been having some issues with skipping on my turntable. I played with the weight and tracking a little. Even purchased a brand new re issue of the Stooges Fun House. I thought it was the turntable itself, its an...
  15. Gmm213

Shortwave Receiver

I am looking to add a shortwave receiver to my setup. I want to just add it to my AV switch so I can flip it and have it play on my speakers. I keep finding little handheld units or older big base units that dont have RCA cable jacks. I dont have a receiver just a phono amp into an AV switch...
  16. Gmm213

Hello from Portsmouth

Hello, I came across this board in search of finding out opinions of people to help me in my situation. I havent had a dedicated stereo in years. My last one was a Yamaha receiver and a pair of Klipsich bookends. I am starting school and find music helps me focus. I came up with a little extra...
Back
Top Bottom