Search results

1. P

Does Garrard have the worst wow & flutter?

Maybe it's the phone app? Not exactly a precision testing device. My ears are not either, but I trust them more than a phone app.
  2. P

My brother forced me to purchase a smartphone.

Just know that your phone is listening to you all of the time. They can even tell what you are looking at by looking at your eyes with the camera. You will start to notice a lot of "coincidental" things show up that you either speak about, watch on tv, music that you listen to, or spend a few...
  3. P

Anybody own a Cambridge Soundworks model 88CD?

The sound is way better than a Bose Wave.
  4. P

Garrard LAB 80 in the house.

I had to make a custom base for mine. I used some mahogany-veneered oak (from a dismantled 1920's piano). So, even if I had the original "Cake-Top" for it, it wouldn't fit. I am pretty sure mine was a console pull. It was in brand new condition when I bought it. Of course, all of the grease...
  5. P

Anybody own a Cambridge Soundworks model 88CD?

I still have the remote that came with mine. Still sounds good, too
  6. P

Pioneer SX-1250 score!

I do not have any experience with the Kenwood. But, I do have a 1250. I won't say how much I paid for it. But I got a smokin' deal. So, they're out there if you're a little patient. The only defect on mine is that it's missing the AM antenna. It ROCKS! You're gonna like it.
  7. P

Any one else on a diet? Share tips and encouragement.

100% agree. Carbs are the enemy! Anyone can lose weight "healthily" by cutting out as many carbohydrates as possible. I went on a strict KETO diet (<20 carbs/day) and ate mostly Beef/Bacon/eggs/butter. Lost 75# within 3 months (eating as much as I want-to "comfortably full"). Also got off...
  8. P

Cash in everything concept?

The taxes would be devastating, for sure. But don't forget that in a "Bear" market, by selling you would be locking in your losses as well. Plus, you would not be growing your money at that point. Diversity is key for maintaining/managing wealth. As well as eliminating debt from your life...
  9. P

Anybody besides me think this price is ridiculous??

I would reckon that those that own SX1980's do not think that the price is "ridiculous". The previous reference/comparison to the prices that classic cars are bringing right now seems to be appropriate. Pretty much every one that I passed on over the years, because I thought was a "ridiculous"...
  10. P

Center speaker for music?

I only listen to music on 2-channel stereo systems. It is my contention that using home theater systems loses the intention of the artist. If you have ever listened to a good stereo and been in the "sweet spot", it is an experience that a home theater system cannot reproduce by simply adding...
  11. P

Selling Vehicle On Craigslist Is Sketchy

All of the cars that I have sold, I just parked them out by my road with a "For Sale" sign on them. Never have had a problem selling within a week or two. All were in tip top condition. I keep my vehicles longer than most people and they are always in better condition than when I bought them...
  12. P

Cut my grass today with my 49yr old Lawnboy

I have two old LawnBoys. One I bought new back in the early 90's. Silver series. And another one that is from around the early 80's. Electric start (doesn't work anymore), self propelled. Both work great. I mostly use for mowing my roadside ditch that is too steep for a 4-stroke. Both run...
  13. P

Picked up a pair of KLH Model 23's and I must say...

Yes. Model Seventeens do not go as low as the Model Twenty Threes. Still a good sound, though. Also, if you haven't done it yet, "dope" the woofer surrounds for the best sound on your Twenty Threes. There are lots posts on here about what to use, where to get it and how to do it.
  14. P

Picked up a pair of KLH Model 23's and I must say...

Yours look really nice! I love mine.
  15. P

Jefferson City MO Record Finds Today I Got All Of These Today

Great SCROES! I have that Stanley Clarke album. I bought it new. That is a great album.
  16. P

Nonstick frying pan vs. full steel pan

I prefer a well-seasoned cast iron skillet.
  17. P

HBO, now Max, going to license content to NetFlix

What we are experiencing is the demise of Cable/Satellite TV, and the major NEWS NETWORKs. I still know several people that can't seem to understand that the cost of a Satellite subscription JUST TO HAVE THEIR BELOVED DVR (unnecessary, but some just don't understand how streaming works) is...
  18. P

Dual 1264 Shure N95ED cartridge

Great cartridge! I have one and a N75, too. Also great. Hard to beat those old Shures for the classic, vintage, "warm" sound.
  19. P

Candmium plating

If this is only for aesthetic purposes, Eastwood sells a kit that is not true cadmium plating. But if done correctly, it sure looks like it. If I remember correctly, the process requires three or four different color spray paints to achieve the look. Classic car restorers use the process to...
  20. P

Good Car Deal???

Before you put any money into a Gran Prix, you might want to do a search for recurring problems with this model. Been a while since I checked one of these out, but it seems like they have a lot of power window issues (among other problems). The GrandAm's also had lots of issues.
  21. P

My Garrard Lab 80 Obsession

Just "clear" it and call it a "Patina" turntable.
  22. P

Klh model 23

You may not like them much. UNTIL you re-seal the woofers. You must do this! Night and day difference. Mine are wonderful!
  23. P

The ak waters are being churned and who knows what will pop up next. Zombie Threads

Cream rises to the top. I'm just sayin'.
  24. P

Morel season

There is a nice spot in my "woods" where I have found a lot of Morels over the years. But, the ticks back there are so bad that I kind of stopped mushroom hunting.
  25. P

Being Sued for Parking In Own Driveway

I, of course, do not know anything about "the law", but in these subdivisions where the houses are crammed together, I would think that you would be expected to grant your neighbors "reasonable" access. I have 7 acres in a rural area, but there is a lake behind my property that is not...
Back
Top Bottom