Search results

1. MiauwMaster

Sony TC-209 SD belt replacement

Hello all, I just got my new old cassette deck in quite a good condition. All it really needs is a clean and new belts. I've found new belts on eBay but I'm a bit puzzled on how to best replace them. The top belt is easy as it is not obstructed by anything. The flat belt, however, is...
  2. MiauwMaster

Revox G36 wiring

Hello everyone, I have a nice Revox g36 I inherited a few years ago but just now got time to get into. It works, just needs a lot of cleaning and maybe adjusting (which I won't be doing myself). During cleaning, I noticed a loose cable that, obviously, needs to be reattached. Now, I have the...
  3. MiauwMaster

Voltage selector settings Harman Kardon HK6550

Hello everyone! I just got a HK6550 with only one channel working for free today. After cleaning the balance pot both channels are working beautifully again. This amp will probably become a second set amp as it sounds rather nice. Now I always check voltage selectors and stuff like that and...
  4. MiauwMaster

Proton AP-1000 volume related issues

Well that was easy. While checking components I found out it was actually a bad cable between the volume pcb and the main pcb. So after soldering a new cable in place everything is fine again.
  5. MiauwMaster

Thanks! Luckily I have a service manual. I'll look into that section first.
  6. MiauwMaster

Rotel Amplifier Fan Club

I've got a pair of RB-850 bridged powering my Philips FB-821. Love these amps. Lot's of power and lots of overhead. Never open them up more then 1/4 and always full sound, even at very low volumes.
  7. MiauwMaster

Hello everyone. I have a very nice proton preamp but lately it has been showing a very annoying problem. Every now and then, out of nowhere, the volume opens up to a very, very high level and after a second or two it pops back to normal. I've checked the volume pot (it is a alps 10kbx2) and...
  8. MiauwMaster

My setup, subject to some changes though

Just got the spikes for my speakers. Made a 3.5 inch base for the speakers to stand on and it's in painting now Needs a few more layers and some sanding but hen I've got myself some nice stands.
  9. MiauwMaster

NAD T-585 cd-transport repair

Yeah I was a little worried I'd get tracking/focussing problems but after a few cd's and a dvd it's running fine. So I guess I'm lucky! I'm expecting some problems to crop up and at that point I think I'll try and replace the loading mechanism all together.
  10. MiauwMaster

EDIT again! Replaced my Rotel RCD-930AX with a NAD T-585 I got for a few quid and repaired in 20 minutes!
  11. MiauwMaster

Turns out the problem was very, very minor! The problem was in the top bar on the transport. I may have some improper names but I don't know what's everything is called in English. The grey circle was rubbing against the black plastic so the noises were very bad. As everything else was looking...
  12. MiauwMaster

Hello everyone. Another repair thread (all my threads seem to be about repairing stuff). I found a NAD T-585, a very nice cd / sacd / dvd player on marktplaats (dutch ebay) wit a defective transport. Now I've repaired a few CD-players with that problem before and as the price was extremely...
  13. MiauwMaster

Thanks man. Love the set too! It sounds amazing. Can't want to get a nice turntable.
  14. MiauwMaster

Thanks. I'm really happy with the furniture, only the rack could be better. I thought about moving it as you said, but then there's my girlfriend. Enough said I'm afraid haha. I'll keep trying!
  15. MiauwMaster

Thanks! Philips recommends liftinstallatie the speakers a maximum of 24cm (9" - 10") and I'm getting spikes in the mail soon so I think I'll be building some stands then!
  16. MiauwMaster

Speaker Cable help?

Ok quick update, I just went with AudioQuest X2. Really like the cable and it's priced quite good. Really happy with it. Personally I've never noticed much difference in cables once you get above a certain quality point. And the X2 is well above that point.
  17. MiauwMaster

What CD Player Do You Use?

Currently using a Rotel RCD-930AX that I got almost for free. It sounded not too bad, but after a opamp change (opa2134) it straightened up in the low end and now I really like it. Looking for a nice SACD player but not in a hurry.
  18. MiauwMaster

Ok since joining I went through a couple of setups but I'm getting close to my ideal setup. Now consisting of: Philips FB821 Speakers (refoamed them myself) Dual Rotel RB850 in Bridged Mono Proton AP-1000 arriving tomorrow! Arrived and loving it! Rotel RCD-930AX with OPA2134 opamp upgrade...
  19. MiauwMaster

Rotel RB850 running hot

Yeah i'm gonna try something like that as soon as I have some space in my audiorack. Searching for a nice preamp to replace my Nikko TRM-500 that's acting as preamp now. That will clear up some room and then I"ll have about an inch in between the amps so that will make things a lot better.
  20. MiauwMaster

Rotel RB850 running hot

Well after switching them the other one got a bit hotter so I guess it's just as simple as them being on top of eachother. As soon as I find a decent preamp they'll get some more room so that's a problem solved!
  21. MiauwMaster

Rotel RB850 running hot

Thanks everyone for the help. I'n not going to quote everyone but here's some more info. The amps are stacked directly on top of eachother, as soon as i have some nore room im gonna put some space between them and i already got some pc fans to get a better airflow going. The speakers are 8Ohm...
  22. MiauwMaster

Rotel RB850 running hot

Yeah they are both set to bridged mono with the exact same length and brand/model cable both going in to a Philips FB821 8Ohm. If anything the top one(that's running hot) has better airflow at the back.
  23. MiauwMaster

Rotel RB850 running hot

Hello all, I just switched from a Rotel RA-930BX to two RB-850's bridged. Love the sound and extra headroom due to 150 watts :p. Only thing is, one of them runs quite hot. Not like i'm burning my fingers but it's considerably hotter then the second. The one that's on top is the one that's hot...
  24. MiauwMaster

Speaker Cable help?

Well both cables are easy to make, but they both can get expensive. Problem is I can't put my amps near my speakers. there's just no room to place them. I have them at the best possible location now so I'm afraid I need the length and personally I'd rather have length in speaker wire than IC anyway
  25. MiauwMaster

Speaker Cable help?

Its 21f per side, well one side needs about half that but I like to keep both sides cables the same length. Something from pro-audio work to keep impedances the same although I have my doubts if it makes that much of a difference in my setup. I'm going to use OFC pure copper anyway.
Back
Top Bottom