Search results

1. Bill Ferris

PROBLEM HDMI MCINTOSH MX 121

I have had good success with converting Component @1080P (RGB) to HDMI @1080P resolution, but not for the reasons of a failed HDMI input. In my HT setup I keep my video signal`s switching separate from my Integra surround sound processor by using a 5X1 HDMI video input selector for selecting my...
  2. Bill Ferris

Global Warming insurance?

That`s a separate FEMA offered insurance policy. Here in FL. homeowner`s policies do not cover that type risk ! And the rates haven`t been unreasonable, so far, from my experience. Homeowner`s policy rates that cover all else, continue to excessively climb !
  3. Bill Ferris

My brother forced me to purchase a smartphone.

Chris, if by now you haven`t felt the need, much less desire to require a smart ass cell phone in your life, why would you allow your brother to coerce you into now purchasing and using one ? I`m a friggin physically infirm cripple, and ditched my since 1987 continuously in use cell phone...
  4. Bill Ferris

Ok, he writes about what I had already read in gifted Time-Life books about the subject, and also watched on the Discovery, or PBS channels decades ago, back when I still watched outside sourced TV, which thankfully abandoned in 2010 ! Thanks nevertheless for the enlightenment about the author`s...
  5. Bill Ferris

Potpourri Of The Interesting Stuff

Since I chose to not follow such silly stupid foolishness in any and all outside conveyed media, I wouldn`t have known anything about her such publicity garnering antics, except stumbling upon the poster`s picture of her getup on A/K`s thread ! And preferred to have not to have encountered that...
  6. Bill Ferris

???? Not an author that I can recall ?
  7. Bill Ferris

Me thinks from living in FL. my whole currently 69 yrs. is the higher (probably now complete) saturation of coastal/beach front property building by expensive Hotels, Condos, and High dollar private home owners, that have had an effect on the above increased percentage figures from the seventies...
  8. Bill Ferris

Things you don't see anymore.

Ok..
  9. Bill Ferris

I remember occasionally seeing that done in the early sixties by the county using spray boom trucks on rural dirt roads before they eventually used crushed lime rock later, and then later paved them, as I guess folks living out there were complaining about the finely ground up sand into dust ...
  10. Bill Ferris

Things you don't see anymore.

If the SS circuitry TV wasn`t instant on, one still have to wait a half a minute or less for the CRT`s (picture "tube") filament to warmup.
  11. Bill Ferris

Hum from speakers when amp is plugged into a particular outlet.

Before those outlet testers appeared, I learned to do the checking using those neon bulb two wire electrical testers manually inserting the leads in the outlet to be checked H to N, H to G, N to G on grounded outlets, or just H to N on older 2 prong outlets. And if the grounded outlet being...
  12. Bill Ferris

Power conditioners Snake oil?

And, may I inquire the brand/model of your low confidence in your RM "Power Conditioner", if I may, gadget73? Just curious ! All mine with or without metering, are quite busy inside with MOVs, filtering caps, and even 10 gage wire low pass inductors in the 20 amp versions.
  13. Bill Ferris

Well, with a small scale portable genset, I would possibly consider checking for EMI dirt on my house`s distributed AC circuits, but I probably wouldn`t be running the 4 room`s background music playing stereos because of conserving my lessor available watts available. With 25K watts of available...
  14. Bill Ferris

Cool American military planes.

Affectionately known in WWII as the Jug.
  15. Bill Ferris

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Dire Straits :On the Night album: the song, Brothers in Arms. All while on my whole house capable backup generator since 5:30 PM when for whatever reason (no thunder storms) the power grid went down. And the grid just returned just like that, oh well !
  16. Bill Ferris

Looking for input on Sine/Square Wave generator

Though I`ve never owned any Wavetek test equipment, they have from my over the decades of understanding, have a very good reputation.
  17. Bill Ferris

I wonder how clean my house`s power is right now as 10 minutes ago the grid unexpectedly (no thunder storm(s) went down and I`m currently on my whole house genset backup ! So its just my inhouse created dirty power, since my 2 drop transformer sharing neighbor`s dirty power connections are...
  18. Bill Ferris

My ST-1700A with its IMD options, etc. is physically bigger/bulkier than all my other stacked together various distortion analyzers, and has been relegated to a fall back on designation backup, that some of the other test sets readily exceed it`s residual distortion measurements capability ...
  19. Bill Ferris

what gin for a great gin and tonic???

I too was also becoming concerned about the fructose in tonic water, until a couple of yrs ago when I was turned on to a much heathier Agave plant derived sweetened version of tonic water.
  20. Bill Ferris

After a good amount of time of her wearing that silly and outrageous raw meat getup, I`m pretty sure she would be pretty popular with any dogs and green and blue bottle flies. Silly foolish woman !
  21. Bill Ferris

Does the 26 also offer square wave output function ? And yes, the 126 has fairly quite low sinewave residual distortion, as noticed when directly feeding it`s output straight into my Leader LDM-171 THD+N Distortion analyzer for the self test conformation, that I purchased back at the same 1992...
  22. Bill Ferris

what gin for a great gin and tonic???

What ! No English Beefeater brand ? Not my choice any more since 1998 when my customer/friend turned me on to Tanqueray for Martinis or G&Ts, even over the yrs. since after trying multiple recommended/suggested brands by folks here on A/K, and visiting friend`s suggestions.
  23. Bill Ferris

Leader LAG-26 ? Not LAG-126 ! If not a typo ^, what is the difference in capability & specs? Just curious, maxhifi !
  24. Bill Ferris

FWIW, For over 23 yrs. I`ve had excellent consistent very good quality and trouble free daily service, using a Leader brand analog based low distortion very flat frequency response sine/square wave bench use audio generator model: "LAG-126". It provides accurately and repeatable and selectable...
  25. Bill Ferris

TimeFrame T400 Need a New Replacement Woofer; I Think

Can the affected driver not be re-coned with the proper parts ? Had a similar situation with my bedroom`s purchased used in 1992 Mc. XRT-18s with the left woofer having a mild but annoying low level buzz. So even though I had a very good local speaker repair facility in nearby St. Augustine, FL...
Back
Top Bottom