Search results

1. hjames

how to subscribe

I'm on a desktop computer - but there is a Subscribe link at the right side of the grey menu bar, as seen here:
  2. hjames

Back yard and pond talk

I've been running the sprinkler to get everything out back drenched. The azaleas are just starting to bloom, the Japanese Maples are pushing new leaves for the season, and its been in the low 80s lately - Emma feeding fish midafternoon (My work sealing the pond last year was successful - no...
  3. hjames

Garden Tillers

Dad went into adult-care and later a nursing home, but when he downsized the house around 2000, my brother got Dad's vintage TroyBilt, and I got the Yard Machine. I've probably had it nearly 20 years now, but rarely used. Fired it up last week to till a shady back corner of the yard that mostly...
  4. hjames

Low end Mac from newbie

Hiya! Apple Mac computer Aficionado here - Mac Studio (Not McIntosh Audio from New York). I moved this thread to a digital streamers forum - tech talk here encouraged. I don't use Audirvana, so I don't know its menus - but other folks here do and can help! My Apple M1 Max MacStudio is tied to a...
  5. hjames

Which of the catalogue selling-delivery companies from U.S.A. offered the best products?

The OP in Romania had asked about Sears, Monkey Wards and JC Penneys Catalog-delivery firms. It was like a huge general store available no matter where you lived. (The original Macys too!) Many of us got big thick Department store catalogs in the fall and planned Christmas wish lists from...
  6. hjames

Pressure Washer/Power Washing mildew off our siding ...

well, its a north facing wall ...
  7. hjames

Dropped the light duty washer off at UPS this morning, by mid-afternoon Amazon had already issued my refund. The SunJoe unit (And the Mold Armor detergent) is due tomorrow from Home Depot ... Probably get to try it next week. They are calling for weather in the high 70s - low 80s mid-week!!
  8. hjames

What tv show are you currently binging?

Maine Cabin Masters on Magnolia Network. Yeah, its formula, but it's a buncha Deadheads renovating vacation properties on scenic pond locations in Maine for $20-50k ... Beats the heck out of (too many years) watching This Old House on PBS, now that landscaper Roger is gone for medical issues...
  9. hjames

Thanks. I did spot one siding panel that has popped out of place from a previous (hired) power-washing, so I ordered the siding tool from Amazon this morning and will lock it down next time I'm on the step-ladder.
  10. hjames

Which of the catalogue selling-delivery companies from U.S.A. offered the best products?

I still have a large collection of Craftsman tools that started with some gifted from my Dad and others I bought over the years. Lifetime Guarantee! But the Craftsman brand has since been sold away from Sears, and our local Sears stores are all gone. You could even buy a house (kit) from the...
  11. hjames

I dunno. In 1985, Montgomery Ward closed its catalog business after 113 years and began an aggressive policy of renovating its remaining stores. In 1993, Sears closed its catalog business, at the time J. C. Penney became the last catalog retailer in the United States. On January 24, 2011, J...
  12. hjames

Back yard and pond talk

60 degrees and overcast today, but the gentle rain has encouraged the pink Azaleas to start blooming out back ... and the clover I planted last year around the dogwood in the center is tall and lush!
  13. hjames

What was the last movie you watched?

Watched a biopic on John Belushi recently and it inspired me to chase down a BlueRay of Continental Divide, a 1981 romance with Belushi and Blair Brown. Not sure Emma appreciated the film, but I've still got a crush on Blair Brown! She was so very cute! Belushi was restrained! Might be time to...
  14. hjames

Cannabis and weight loss

I think anyone with long term knowledge of Cannabis knows it generally stimulates your appetite, and weight gain is more typical than weight loss. ;) But as the saying goes, your mileage may vary ...
  15. hjames

Back yard and pond talk

Emma's pix of me fighting the tiller, It bounces a lot and chews the scenery - literally! Frankly, I poured some saved gas into the tank and it started on the 6th pull! I was amazed it fired up so easily.
  16. hjames

Back yard and pond talk

The backyard is coming to life - on the verge of the azaleas blooming! I moved most of the rootball mound to smother ivy and creeper infested parts of the backyard. Seems to be working back there, and I took the pile of bricks left after the tree fell and upheaved the nearby walkway and patio...
  17. hjames

Thanks for the feedback everybody! While websurfing, I saw a Sun Joe Unit that claims 2300 PSI via Home Depot for $150, runs on Mains power (not battery). Not in stock, but they could have it in the store next week, or direct shipped to me Saturday the 13th. I got some Mold-Armor stuff to use...
  18. hjames

JBL L36 Decade - One owner, new surrounds - worth $500?

Bought my L36s new in 1974 for $400. Once I heard better JBLs around the year 2000, I could see no reason to keep them and sold them off quickly. Try the L5s or L7s if you can find some ...
  19. hjames

We've got some mildew on the north facing (Back) side of our house. Figured now that I'm retired I could just power wash this off myself. So I've been looking at various units from Home Depot, Lowes and Harbor Freight, but I got an Alert this morning that Amazon had a special 1 day only...
  20. hjames

The NEW 'Post a picture of yourself' Thread

How 'bout this one? Got my AK 2023 Member of the Year Plaque today ... Piano black and gold - its quite a thing, it is! Thank y'all very much for the votes!
  21. hjames

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023

Just got the most Amazing plaque in Piano Black! Just the thing for the wall of my Ham Shack, err - along side the big monitor and my Mac! (Excuse 'cause its 81 degrees and I've been working out back!) Thank you ALL for this exceptional award - @Ms Grumpy, @luvvinvinyl
  22. hjames

local weed growing discussions

I fixed a Japanese Maple a tree fell on that way once. The JMaple is still going strong 12 years later!
  23. hjames

The NEW 'Post a picture of yourself' Thread

Shared from the Eclipso thread!
  24. hjames

Total Eclipse

THIS is why context is important.
  25. hjames

First reviews of Dune II, not by film critics but from Frank Herbert Dune fans.

I know, but when the Uptown Theatre closed in NW DC, there is no remaining place WORTHY. It was a Palace! I saw Sean Connery in Outland during a 70mm revival there ... even that dog of a film played great on that big screen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uptown_Theater_(Washington,_D.C.)
Back
Top Bottom