Search results

1. tincat2

Things you don't see anymore.

The "56" Chevy; we had one(our first "new car").
  2. tincat2

How Would You Feel If You Were Over Charged On Postage By A Lot?

The deal was "priority mail" as well as the item(s) involved. Consummation of the deal was not as advertised. While I wouldn't want to spend a lot of time and effort to be made "whole", I would let the guy know that either a mistake was made or he's not the type I would do business with again...
  3. tincat2

cable connectors

Thanks again for everyone's attention to this plea. I gotta admit that Google is pretty good to pull out what it did on "3 prong microphone connector".
  4. tincat2

cable connectors

Hello and thanks to all who may respond. I need to find out what the three pronged connectors are called which I believe were/are used to plug into a microphone coming from a 1/4" plug on the other end. My problem is to know what to search for.
  5. tincat2

Max, our cat is being put to sleep this afternoon.

Not to thump any bibles here, but the older I get and the more perspective I gain on our existence, the more I am convinced that our companion creatures are the realization of our Creator's care for us and desire that we know Him. We are accustomed to the thought of miraculous "signs" w/...
  6. tincat2

IS this Zenith Console Worth $100?

I'd think there's $100 worth of something there.
  7. tincat2

MAC 1700 restoration, conflicting advice on the power supply / filter caps?

Where was the mac 1700 preamp outs thread?
  8. tincat2

McIntosh MC2100

If it looks and sounds good, I'd give him the 700.
  9. tincat2

RADIO SHACK .......THAT ONCE LIGHT AT THE TOP OF THE WORLD

That observation is becoming more apparent to me every day. The more thought I give to the issues under discussion here, the more I realize how complex the technological advances we have achieved have made the social situation we inhabit become. The wonders we covet and bring into our lives...
  10. tincat2

Stude

That was my first car. Mine was black and how I wish I could cruise around in it now.
  11. tincat2

I am APPROVED for Surgery... (update, 8/2/18)

They seem to have made some real advances in anesthesia, especially for outpatient procedures-including general anesthesia. Should start you out w/ some kind of anti-anxiety stuff which will leave you feeling normal but unworried by the upcoming event. May add some anti-nausea stuff and then a...
  12. tincat2

Citation 12 help?

Who sells them? I'm starting out on a rehab w/my 12 and need to know what's out there and where to source things. Thanks for any help here.
  13. tincat2

Show us your tattoo(s)

Looks like he's lurking in some sea plant.
  14. tincat2

Show us your tattoo(s)

Nice artwork and excellent coloration. As a child, I was fascinated w/ my uncle's WWll tatoos(eagle. flag, comradeship statements, etc.). Tats have come a long way since then. Enjoy.
  15. tincat2

Wharfdale w70D MKII

If all the drivers are whole and w/ good surrounds, I believe I would get those. For my money, Wharfdales are one of the best buys out there. Nice clarity for voice and surprisingly solid bass. Not for house shaking rock parties, but very good for a more intimate listen.
  16. tincat2

Lenses for NikonD200

This latest batch of posts are all helpful and I am grateful as I need to learn. The D200 I inherited from my deceased brother, who used to come up here a couple of times a year and wander around taking pics. He brought the camera here when it was new and I was impressed with it. I've never had...
  17. tincat2

Say hello to my little friend

You speak the truth.
  18. tincat2

Lenses for NikonD200

Ordered the 55 off ebay. Cheap enough and full functionality with no real defects(this may be my first lesson, but you gotta start somewhere). Sounds like it came off a film camera, so that may indicate an amount of vintage goodness I desire. What's a ballpark figure on the bellows setup and...
  19. tincat2

Lenses for NikonD200

Thanks, Old Ears, that is a helpful link and I expect to get a feel for 'whatsup' in Nikon lenses. I don't see myself as a talented or particularly dedicated photographer, but, as with my other interests, I like to feel that I know what I am doing to the extent that I can do what I want to do. I...
  20. tincat2

Lenses for NikonD200

That's certainly an interesting avenue for investigation. Need a body cap and what size for the hole?
  21. tincat2

Lenses for NikonD200

I would appreciate some advice on inexpensive yet some amount of quality lenses for my inherited D200. New, refurb, or used; whatever offers the best performance and value. Would like zoom capability and clarity at high magnification. Autofocus is subservient to quality as long as the lens...
  22. tincat2

Thrift Shop That Doesn't Understand the Word "Thrift"

This is my problem with the "charity" thrifts as well.
  23. tincat2

Thrift Shop That Doesn't Understand the Word "Thrift"

That pretty much says it all, not just for the "thrift" operations, but commerce these days in general. Dovetails nicely w/expectations of the younger crowd preparing to take the reins.
  24. tincat2

New Vinyl

https://yro.slashdot.org/story/18/04/12/2320221/high-definition-vinyl-is-coming-as-early-as-next-year Like to see what's possible to develop for vinyl w/o or w/minimal digital intervention.
  25. tincat2

Audiophiles and Motorcycles

Have had several and ridden several in my time. The one I will continue to recall most fondly was the Norton 750, though the KTM was a beast, for sure. Those and the Studebakers-Gran Turismo Hawks and the Avanti(my brother still has one) were something I'm grateful to have experienced.
Back
Top Bottom