Search results

1. C

Cerwin Vega VS-120 with Sansui 8080

Hi Everyone. I have the chance to buy a pair of CV-120 speakers but they are 4 ohms. I'd like to know if I can run my Sansui 8080 with them? Can I damage my receiver? Thank you and have a nice day.
  2. C

Shure cartridge

Hi guys. My quest for a cartridge for my Shure N97xE stylus continues. Something seem to be off whack with my M104e cartridge( only 1 side plays). Would the N97xE work with a Shure M55e cartridge? Thank you
  3. C

Shure cartridge question

Thx Trekkie4. Yes , you're right. My mistake its a M104E. Thank you
  4. C

Shure cartridge question

Hi everyone, I have a Shure N97xE stylus and a Shure M1043 cartridge which I'm not using. Do you think they would work together? It would be to use on a Dual 1229 TT. Thank you, and have a nice day.
  5. C

Dual 1229. Worth the price?

Thanks guys for your input. Food for thought.
  6. C

Dual 1229. Worth the price?

Hi everyone. My current TT is a Sansui SR-212. I would like the Dual 1229 but it's pricey. Would the 1229 be a big improvement over the 212? I don't mind paying $300.00+ for a 1229 but not if it's Worth the price. Thank you and have a nice day
  7. C

Pioneer SX-1010 Receiver

My HPM's came alive. I was using an SX-838 before. It was cool but the 1010 is awesome. I'm a happy camper.
  8. C

Pioneer SX-1010 Receiver

Hi guys. Greetings from Longueuil QC, Canada. I just bought a SX-1010 to go with my HPM-100's. I love it.
  9. C

HPM-100 speakers

Oops , Noob here I just saw the info. I need on this forum. Sorry.:whip:
  10. C

HPM-100 speakers

Hi everyone and Happy New Year, I just bought a pair of HPM-100 pioneer speakers and on the back are these numbers and letters.: ZC 01406 Q on one speaker and on the other one is: ZC 01624 Q. Are the serial numbers? or manucfacturing numbers? Thank you and have a nice day.
  11. C

Sansui s40c

Hi all. My current speakers are Yamaha NS-L225. Are the S-40c an upgrade for me? My receiver is a Pioneer SX-838. Thank you and have a great day ☺.
  12. C

your thoughts please

Hi All. What are your thoughts on Celestion Ditton 15xr speakers? I could get a pair for 150.00 Cdn or less. Are they worth it? Thank you and have a great day.
  13. C

Sansui SP-1700 Good or Bad

Yes!! those are my Yamaha speakers
  14. C

Sansui SP-1700 Good or Bad

Hi everyone. My current speakers are Yamahas NS-L225's . I would like to upgrade and I can get these Sansui SP 1700 for 250.00Can. Are they an upgrade for me? They look huge and I think there's like 5 speakers so I'm not sure what to do. Help!! Thank you and have a great day and weekend, :-)
  15. C

Choices!! Nice to have them.

Hi Everyone. Which of these turntables should I use as my main TT? Hitachi HT-354, Sansui SR-212 or Technics SL-D2. They all have new needles. They all spin in the right direction :) but I'm wondering which is the better one. Thank you, and have a nice day. See Ya!!
  16. C

Yamaha NS-L225

HI. Anyone here know if the speakers in the NS -L225 are of good quality? There's not a lot of info. out there on these speakers . I emailed Yamaha themselves and all they can tell me is that they were made in 1978 using cloth dome tweeters and paper conewoofers. Thank you.
  17. C

Yamaha NS-L225 Your thoughts?

Hello, everyone. I know there's an old thread (2009) on the Yamaha NS-L225. but I'm curious to know your thoughts on these speakers. I can get a pair for $100.00CDN . Right now I have Technics SB-2822. Would the Yamahas be an improvement? Also would anybody know anything about the speakers...
  18. C

Choosing speakers wires

Right . I forgot to mention that I have less than 10 feet to cover. Sorry.
  19. C

Choosing speakers wires

Hi Everyone, I hope I'm in the right forum section for my question. I would like to know how to choose the right speaker wire for my needs. My new purchase is a Pioneer SX 838 and my speakers are Technics SB-2822's. I listen to Rock. Metal. Blues with a little bit of Country. Now I don't know...
  20. C

Just looking thank you

Hi all, I see a Sansui SR 212 up for grabs. What are your thoughts? 100.00 CND is the asking price. Thx
  21. C

Bringing home Baby.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to share with you that I just bought a Pioneer sx 838. Boy is that thing heavy!!!! I heard good things about it but I'll only know it's true potential once the wife leaves the house tomorrow :whip:. Have a nice one all.
  22. C

Aurex Model SR-F102 Turntable

No hits. Could this Aurex be the same as the Toshiba SR-F102? They look the same. Sorry for being a noob.
  23. C

Aurex Model SR-F102 Turntable

Hi everyone, First I want to thank everyone here who helped me in my decision making process regarding recent posts. So, that said. I'm getting free (hoo-hoo) a SR-F102 Aurex TT now I know it's a Toshiba but I can't seem to find any manual for it. What would be the Toshiba equivalent? Thank you...
  24. C

If it's not broken don't fix it

Bought one thx $5.95US. At Amazon.ca this:Liquid Bearings 100%-synthetic Oil for all turntables goes from 25.00 to 78.00 Can. Talk about a lube job!!
  25. C

If it's not broken don't fix it

The service manual says to use the original oil. What kind of oïl is that? Would regular machine oïl work?
Back
Top Bottom