Search results

1. rkic

My Shame - don't judge me until you have walked in my crocs

It's all still in storage. But I did get the Gemtunes hooked up and running. It's a nice little passive integrated SE tube amp.
  2. rkic

Worth? McIntosh Mc275, C22, MR71, 4 Gold Lion 1968

I'd like to know worth of McIntosh MC275, C22, MR71 and 4 Gelelax Gold Lions - 68 or so for the tubes... earlier for the equipment I think - console queens as to condition. Thanks for your input.
  3. rkic

18650 battery cells. Anyone else playing with these?

I ordered 20 3.7V 18650 batteries off ebay thinking that they were AA size... now I have 20 batteries that I don't have a use for.
  4. rkic

Give me a ANVIL and a Rubber mallet and...I'll F**K it up!

Shure V15 Type 3 cartridge. Brand new. Decided I wanted to know if I could hear "Paul is dead" on the White Album by playing it backwards. Shure V15 Type 3 styli don't play backwards because they snap. I was young. This was a long time ago. I never did it again.
  5. rkic

Laptop as source - that didn't turn out well

I got one ordered from Amazon. Thanks for the headsup.
  6. rkic

I've got something like 7 gig of music on my desktop so I would like to be able to harness that. I've copied some of that music to CDs and the quality was excellent. But this laptop is very disappointing.
  7. rkic

My daughter laughed when she found out that I still listen to CDs. I was kind of flabbergasted because my technological experience pretty much began with the 8-track and ended with the CD and I haven't paid much attention to any developments since. So the other day I decided to hookup my...
  8. rkic

Cornwalls $325-Santa Fe CL

I've had Cornwalls. Nothing about them stands out for me. Now the KEFs would be fun to try.
  9. rkic

Anyone in the Albuquerque area?

Our daughter moved from Scottsdale AZ to Michigan in December four years ago. Her husband is from Michigan but they are both ready to move back to the southwest. We are looking forward to their return.
  10. rkic

They used a local restaurant called Twisters on Isleta Blvd for the chicken restaurant. That was a good series.
  11. rkic

That would be cool. What city in Michigan? I have kids and grands in McComb.
  12. rkic

Nothing. I am running nothing. I want to get the little Gemtune into the house but I need a small stand for it and a CD Player. The only preamp in the photo no workee.
  13. rkic

My audio stuff in storage ... but I'm getting excited to get it back out and running :banana:
  14. rkic

Been around here a few years and have been absent for awhile

I joined AK about 12 years ago or so. Was active a little and then fell away doing other things (farming) since. I'm getting back into stereo stuff as I have always have a love affair for good sound ever since I listened to Sansui equipment owned by some Air Force guys that had returned from...
  15. rkic

My Vague List of My Stereo Stuff...

This list is vague because it has been a long time since I put much emphasis on my stereo stuff. I've moved and been more into farming then listening but have picked up a few pieces as old habits die hard. So here is my list to the best of my memory cuz I don't want to have to go to storage...
  16. rkic

Drank the Kool-Aid. SE Rules!!!

Traded a tube tester for a Gemtune GS-02 SE amp using KT88s. I'm more of "more power is better" kind of guy so all of my amps have been push -pull. I got this little gem and plugged it in and turned it on. The clarity was immediate. I got to really enjoying music again. The push pull amps...
  17. rkic

Genuine Red Lion KT88 X 4 circa 1968

Sorry. Got a case of the dumbass here., Genelax Gold Lions. Still have the stickers on them.
  18. rkic

Genuine Red Lion KT88 X 4 circa 1968

These are used but test strong. These were acquired around 1968 by the original owner. What do you think the value is?
  19. rkic

McIntosh MC275, C22 and MR71 Worth?

From the late 60's. Cabinet queens for most of their lifes. 9/10 condition. Amp and preamp are recapped. The MR71 was left alone. Got any idea of the value?
  20. rkic

mad max fury road

Started it. Got disinterested. Ejected it. Maybe I will give it another go to see if it grabs me.
  21. rkic

Belen here. I have some tube stuff. Homemade speakers.
  22. rkic

C-22 bids up to $2650 on Ebay

but didn't make reserve??
  23. rkic

MC-275 on Ebay just went for over $5,500!

Aye caramba! :yikes:
  24. rkic

B&w dm330

Hey! I was looking at those on CL. I'm down in Belen.
  25. rkic

Me, Norah Jones and my new Rogue Eighty Eight

I'm sitting here with a bunch of packing peanuts scattered over the floor listening to Norah on my new used amp. My front end is an old craiglist parasound preamp with its companion cd player, playing through my home built focal MTM's. It's my birthday. Life is good bro.
Back
Top Bottom