Search results

1. rkic

Worth? McIntosh Mc275, C22, MR71, 4 Gold Lion 1968

I'd like to know worth of McIntosh MC275, C22, MR71 and 4 Gelelax Gold Lions - 68 or so for the tubes... earlier for the equipment I think - console queens as to condition. Thanks for your input.
  2. rkic

Laptop as source - that didn't turn out well

My daughter laughed when she found out that I still listen to CDs. I was kind of flabbergasted because my technological experience pretty much began with the 8-track and ended with the CD and I haven't paid much attention to any developments since. So the other day I decided to hookup my...
  3. rkic

My Shame - don't judge me until you have walked in my crocs

My audio stuff in storage ... but I'm getting excited to get it back out and running :banana:
  4. rkic

Been around here a few years and have been absent for awhile

I joined AK about 12 years ago or so. Was active a little and then fell away doing other things (farming) since. I'm getting back into stereo stuff as I have always have a love affair for good sound ever since I listened to Sansui equipment owned by some Air Force guys that had returned from...
  5. rkic

My Vague List of My Stereo Stuff...

This list is vague because it has been a long time since I put much emphasis on my stereo stuff. I've moved and been more into farming then listening but have picked up a few pieces as old habits die hard. So here is my list to the best of my memory cuz I don't want to have to go to storage...
  6. rkic

Drank the Kool-Aid. SE Rules!!!

Traded a tube tester for a Gemtune GS-02 SE amp using KT88s. I'm more of "more power is better" kind of guy so all of my amps have been push -pull. I got this little gem and plugged it in and turned it on. The clarity was immediate. I got to really enjoying music again. The push pull amps...
  7. rkic

Genuine Red Lion KT88 X 4 circa 1968

These are used but test strong. These were acquired around 1968 by the original owner. What do you think the value is?
  8. rkic

McIntosh MC275, C22 and MR71 Worth?

From the late 60's. Cabinet queens for most of their lifes. 9/10 condition. Amp and preamp are recapped. The MR71 was left alone. Got any idea of the value?
  9. rkic

C-22 bids up to $2650 on Ebay

but didn't make reserve??
  10. rkic

MC-275 on Ebay just went for over $5,500!

Aye caramba! :yikes:
  11. rkic

Me, Norah Jones and my new Rogue Eighty Eight

I'm sitting here with a bunch of packing peanuts scattered over the floor listening to Norah on my new used amp. My front end is an old craiglist parasound preamp with its companion cd player, playing through my home built focal MTM's. It's my birthday. Life is good bro.
  12. rkic

Batteries - Refridgerate ?

I have a plethora of remotes to run my audio stuff. I need batteries to keep the remotes operating. I buy my AA and AAA batteries by the pile at Costco. I store my batteries in my fridge right next to the butter. Where do you store yours?
  13. rkic

Digital Inputs - Optical or Coax?

Which do you prefer and why? I just got a new preamp with 7 sets of RCA inputs (4 video/3audio), two optical inputs, and two 75 ohm Coax inputs. Checking out my source equipment I find a mix of optical and coax outputs. None of the source equipment has both outputs so no choice there but...
  14. rkic

MC275 - SCREECH!!! Silence. Burning Smell!!!

Scheiss! My amp started screeching after I powered it up to let it warm up. When it started screeching I ran from the back bedroom towards it. Before I got there everything went silent. When I got there I killed the power and then I could smell something burning. I'm afraid to open...
  15. rkic

What Happened to Vacumn Tube Valley Magazine?

I've read Speaker Builder, Audio Amateur, Glass Audio, Audio Express and my favorite - Vacumn Tube Valley. VTV just quit publishing it appears. They have been promising the next issue for approx. two years now. Anybody know what happened over there?
  16. rkic

My TV-2C/U Tube Tester

I just wish I knew what all those knobs and switches do!:scratch2:
  17. rkic

SX-1250 Albuquerque Craiglist - $600

Looks to be in good shape. Even antenna is still attached!
  18. rkic

Capacitors: .02uf VS .022uf ???

Is there any real difference between the two? Am I committing electronic anarchy if I use a .02uf in place of a .022uf?
  19. rkic

C22 Rebuild - Two for the show!

So much for my pictorial of my rebuild. I didn't want to go through a rebuild only to have it catch fire and/or explode on the internet. I finished it up yesterday (Saturday) morning with the replacement of a couple caps. I replaced all of the power supply multicaps, added a rectifier...
  20. rkic

Rebuilt Cornwall Xover - My oh My!

The last of the capacitors that I ordered for rebuilding my B2 xover came in. After giving my new old Cornwall II's a listen this week I felt that I was familiar enough with them to be able to compare any differences. Here is a shot of the original xover. One or both of the can caps had a...
  21. rkic

Cornwall Recap - what type caps?

I have available/on order - PIO's, metallized polys, polyesters mylar... what's your flavor?
  22. rkic

Tube Prices 1969/1974/1977

These were from a serviceman's service kit: All of the pricing is suggested retail from GE. TYPE 1969 1974 1977 5AR4 13.70 6.80 7.15 5R4GYB 7.00 ???? ???? 5U4BG 8.90 3.85 4.35 6BQ5 9.85 4.90 5.50 6CA7 ???? 6.40 7.80 6DJ8 ???? 3.75 ???? 6V6GTA 11.45 6.10 6.40 6SN7 ???? 5.05...
  23. rkic

NOS Multi-sectional Caps - use 'em or dump 'em?

I found a couple NOS multi-caps. Use or toss?
  24. rkic

Formula to convert AC to DC voltage for caps?

What is the percentage to convert AC voltage to DC voltage for capacitors?
  25. rkic

C22 Rebuild - One for the Money!

I've ordered in a bunch of russian PIO's for the coupling caps and multi-section power supply cap kit from C-tech. This C22 has sat around gathering figurative dust awaiting my wandering attention while I've been off in SLR land. Since my MC275 rebuild three years ago, multi-section caps have...
Back
Top Bottom