Search results

1. Fritz33

Black Face Plates, pro and con

As of 8:30 p.m. today, there's a 2238B black faceplate for sale on ebay. Just one left.
  2. Fritz33

Black Face Plates, pro and con

I'm curious as to what others think of the black Marantz face plates that seem to have become prevalent in recent years. About 5 years ago, I bought a 2385 with an unsightly dent to the upper right side of the original silver face plate. Thanks to a nice refund from Uncle Sam last spring, I...
  3. Fritz33

Who Got The Oldest Cans, Man?

I still have a pair of Pioneer SE-305s which I purchased around 1973. Called the Coconut for good reason, they are still in very good shape. My go-to cans for about 35 years. I'm now committed to Sennheiser, but still use the 305 with my desktop computer. SE-305 | DIY-Audio-Heaven (wordpress.com)
  4. Fritz33

What is the best all around Vintage Turntable?

My main table is a Custon Thorens TD-160 Super Reproduction with a Jelco 750DB arm, Ortofon 2m Black and a really sharp looking Mahogany Plinth. Powered with a Cary VT-500 phono preamp. I've had this setup for a couple years, and for the first time in many years I'm not looking to modify or...
  5. Fritz33

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Never get tired of this one ...
  6. Fritz33

Best looking Speakers you've owned ?

I've got four Electas and the marble stands. Using them with a Marantz 2385 as the amp, Cary SLP-05 preamp; Cary VT-500 phono preamp; Thorens TD 160 Super turntable; and McIntosh MR 88 tuner. Very satisfied, no longer even looking at potential upgrades.
  7. Fritz33

Vinyl only spin list

Just got this. It's not your typical Bruce. Need more time to fully digest, but I like it.
  8. Fritz33

Chronology of Speakers you've owned?

Realistic MC1200, pair Marantz Imperial 6, pair Marantz Imperial 8, pair Boston Acoustics A26, pair Sonus Faber Electa, four All except the Realistics are still in use.
  9. Fritz33

Morrow Audio vs Bluejeans

Very happy with Morrow. Started at 3 and have worked up to 5. If you can, wait before purchasing. Morrow has some really good sales. With trades, I got my latest upgrades at 50% off.
  10. Fritz33

Ramsey Lewis: Wade in the Water This one was either on my TT or right beside it during my 1960s college days. After a good clean, I played it last night for first time in 20-some years. Ramsey Lewis still swings!
  11. Fritz33

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

mr88 driven through a Marantz 2385 amp, a Cary SLP05 preamp and four Sonus Faber Electa speakers. Works for me.
  12. Fritz33

Is there any HD component tuner worth my time and money?

I have several Marantz receivers: 2285, 19, 2385 and 4400. Love 'em all. But, none are better than my McIntosh 88 tuner. That's the one that's hooked up to my A system (use the amp in the 2385 and an upgraded Cary 05 preamp. Works just fine!), the one I listen to every day. I spent about nine...
  13. Fritz33

Today's JAZZ playlist

Audiohound: Which of the three Wilson/Lewis albums do you like best?
  14. Fritz33

Posting Pictures

I tried by using "Upload a File" It worked in the past. Just tried to drag and drop from my files, but didn't work, either.
  15. Fritz33

Posting Pictures

Getting error message when I try to upload jpeg pictures from my PC. Same result when using Explorer or Microsoft Edge browsers. Can anyone help?
  16. Fritz33

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Starting out with Sonny Clark's Cool Struttin' vinyl and Sennheiser HD 800.
  17. Fritz33

Good way to spent a cold, wet Saturday night in Pittsburgh. Sonny Clark's Cool Struttin' heats the room up!
  18. Fritz33

My wife's going to kill me!

19. Fritz33

20. Fritz33

For me, I have the incriminating evidence delivered to nearest UPS or FedEx outlet. That way I can pick it up at a time when the Mrs. is not home. Once it's in the house, I try to hide the latest arrival with my existing gear, which is mostly in my basement man cave (game room). The theory...
  21. Fritz33

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Picked up a Marantz SD-8000 (bottom left in right picture) a few years ago. Overall, I like the unit, but in last couple years it hasn't been used much as I've found myself going back to vinyl.
  22. Fritz33

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Picked up the vinyl for a song over the weekend at an estate sale. All it needed was a little cleaning. Headphones: Sennheiser HD800 Receiver: Marantz 2385 Preamp: Cary SLP-98P Turntable: Thorens 160 Super Cartridge: Ortofon 2M Black
  23. Fritz33

What is the best sounding Marantz Receiver?

I would not disagree with that. My quote "many would say" does not include me.
Back
Top Bottom