Search results

1. Amon Guinn

Is this too much for speaker cable or should I just buy.....?

I've had my suspicions over the past years and have held back from anything higher than $50 for my cables/wires/connectors combined and so far there has been no reason, personally, to change. I think in some cases it can make some identifiable differences, but in my mid-fi setup there isn't any...
  2. Amon Guinn

Is this too much for speaker cable or should I just buy.....?

I was just looking through some cables and ran across these.........was curious about the newer cables these days and it reminded me that I should check some out before they price me out of the market. Before I start a ruckus, I just want to say this was intended for entertainment purposes...
  3. Amon Guinn

Jensen Model 24 midrange replacement surrounds

I just bought a solid pair of Jensen OPC Model 24's today. The Woofers and crossovers have been redone but now the midranges surrounds need replacing. Does anyone know where I might find a decent set? I have refoamed woofers and a few sub, but not anything smaller. Are they harder to do or just...
  4. Amon Guinn

Pioneer SA-940....I need to find output transistors?

"BTW, one needs pretty solid skills to suss out a Pioneer high speed non-switching amp. They aren't very forgiving." I have a good source for just that reason. I will pay to have this done if it's too touchy. I've worked on PC motherboards with success, Processors and some video all have...
  5. Amon Guinn

Ok......that's the reason, I'm sure. The guy I talked to about the Sanken's he was buying says they were taking a month or so to be shipped and he was buying for $3 each......makes more sense now why? Thanks guys. I did find a B & D Enterprise and I'll go with them. I just didn't want to make...
  6. Amon Guinn

I've been hearing bad things about Sanken, but found some from Florida.....Boca Semiconductor Corp for Positive 2sa1075 and another for neg. 2sc2525 and will just replace new. I cannot get ANY sound from the amp. I can smell one of the resistors burnt, but none others. I also took 2 screws from...
  7. Amon Guinn

I haven't found it yet, but will buy whatever it takes to get it back again. Miss the details in my lissnin' area.
  8. Amon Guinn

I must have missed that on the main page. Thanks redk9258 for your input and i'm sure I'll get something figured out......it's a pretty good little amp for the year and models available during the de-tuning era, LOL.
  9. Amon Guinn

Surely there are some places to find replacements whether OEM or equivalent. Electrolytics aren't that hard to find are they? According to my searches they must be. If anyone knows how to find a set for my Pioneer (no need to purchase for me, LOL) the numbers are: Number 2SC 2525 NZ (G) and...
  10. Amon Guinn

Power output SA-940 & SA-1050

I realize this is an older thread, but just had to chime in.........I've been around what I thought were knowledgeable "audiophiles" for many years. I had always been told that all that matters is how many watts per channel and had to be 1970's only,LOL. I just bought one of these (SA 940) and...
  11. Amon Guinn

Harmon Kardon AVR-140 Question

I'm running an HK AVR154 and a pair of Advent Prodigy's (front A) and AR 18s (front B) along with a Paradigm Ps1000 and 2 Paradigm Dipole ADP170 surrounds. That said........I have NO problems Bass wise even when sub is turned down or off. My Advents and AR's are 2 way 8" and produce less Bass...
  12. Amon Guinn

MCS/NEC Model 3224 radio station memory problem

I've been busy, but will try to take the time to open, take pics, etc. It's not hooked up for every day listening yet, but I have a pair of AR18's to connect and check it further. I just noticed it when I first connected for a few days to see what I bought. I'm hoping it maybe has a battery...
  13. Amon Guinn

MCS/NEC Model 3224 radio station memory problem

Like above post Title........ It will sometimes not remember the stations......is a battery or capacitor dedicated to this? Anyone knowledgeable would probably know this one, but there's probably more companies that used the same type of memory set up. I am NOT sure it has a...
  14. Amon Guinn

Advent Prodigy...........optimal placement?

I found out the guy who redone my crossovers.................. must have had a brain fart and switched the pos and neg wires coming from the board and that is what really screwed up the rightful sound. They are in a different spot where all 3 walls are in play and THAT made a lot of difference...
  15. Amon Guinn

Any Bozak LS-250A owners out there?

I actually sold mine about 3 months ago and I could kick myself................I miss the Bass.........didn't realize how accurate the Bass was until I've been using an M & K Sound Sub and Advent Prodigy lately.............the Advents just aren't designed for good Bass response, IMO. I had the...
  16. Amon Guinn

I agee, LOL!
  17. Amon Guinn

I just did a switch on the leads and mine came alive......I have a bunch of 1970's and 1980's Dome tweets and I think I'll do a "comparison" test and see what happens myself! Woofers seem to do OK, but I have a secondary pair of AR's that I like to AB every while and again. I also have a dual 8"...
  18. Amon Guinn

You were right......after I checked the crossover pos and neg. I traced the wires from there. They were marked Black on one and a red stripe on the other lead. Apparently the Black on these are the Pos. Switched them and Bass came back and swapped the dome tweeter and running higher frequencies...
  19. Amon Guinn

I found a decent place for info on these that addresses my questions pretty well. I'm including it on here in case someone else needs it: http://www.hifi-classic.net/review/advent-prodigy-1.html
  20. Amon Guinn

Thank you.....sometimes when we do stuff we cannot admit that we could ever possibly make any mistake, right? LOL!
  21. Amon Guinn

Yeah........I've done many of these, but never say never, right? I'm going to try the other end, 12' wall, and see if I can fernangle these into some kind of submission to my will. Thanks....it just could be too much furniture in between or ? These towers aren't as beefy as the BA's were so it...
  22. Amon Guinn

..............part II............forgot to mention: I've had these 6 to 8 ft. apart and at least 12 to 18 inches from a back wall.....toed in/out/straight and on an oak floor. the last speakers I sold, sigh, were BA T930's and they were in the same spots........thundered and clear...
  23. Amon Guinn

I need a good starting point in a small (8' x 12' room fake ceiling) music room. It's not exactly an ideal setup for acoustics.......I know these have a better bass response than what I'm getting now. Refoamed and capped for great upper bass and fair mids/highs.......not very impressed so far, LOL!
  24. Amon Guinn

What are worst sounding speakers you own? And why do you keep them?

These Infinity RS-1000 speaks' that hold a "value" to some........not me. Cannot find anything I have owned for 10 years that are as lacking as these. Interesting FOAM tweeter though!
  25. Amon Guinn

Phasing out classic theater gear for classic two channel gear

You seem to be on the right track with your amp/pre amp ideas and I agree with the ones that say to buy good used speakers/equipment that has a great track record and you can actually pronounce and not go into eternal debt to own. In the 1970's, I wanted many amps/speakers/etc. that I could not...
Back
Top Bottom