Search results

1. oldsculler

Parasound JC2

I have an opportunity to upgrade my Parasound P5 to a JC2 for $1,300. This is the original JC2, not the BP version. I like that I would get another XLR input, and I don't currently use the P5's DAC or phono input, having external units for both. What do you think?
  2. oldsculler

Sony PS-X600 Cartridge Suggestions?

I recently acquired said turntable mostly for my wife, who is more comfortable with an automatic TT. It came with an AT3600, which I am thinking about upgrading. My main table is a Well Tempered Classic with a Hana ML, which sounds glorious to me. The AT on the Sony of course suffers mightily in...
  3. oldsculler

Sansui XR Q7 Questions

I'm sort of in the market for one. I know they originally came with two wands, but it's difficult to find one with both. Which is preferred, and what sort of cartridge selection is suitable to each? Second, how difficult is it to replace the tonearm belt?
  4. oldsculler

Upgrade from Sumiko Blue Point 2 on a Pro-Ject RPM 5.1 se?

I would appreciate suggestions for an upgrade for the Blue Point 2 on my Pro-Ject 5.1 se with the 9" Pro-ject carbon fiber arm. I'd like to go to a LOMC and would like to keep it under $1,000 (though I could be persuaded to stretch that a bit). Options I am considering are the Sumiko Blackbird...
  5. oldsculler

JVC QL Comparison

Looking at two local listings for JVC QL turntables. One is a QL-Y55F with a newish DL-103R cart for $800. The second is a QL-Y5F with what looks to be an Ortofon OM of some sort. The Y5F is $400. Which is the better value?
  6. oldsculler

Parasound Zphono XRM

Does anyone have one of these? If so, what is your impression? I currently use two tables, one with a HOMC cart and the other with a MM. I run the HOMC through a Lehmann Black Cube. Sounds great, though I'd be happier with a bit less gain. I run the MM through the phono input of my Onkyo A-9150...
  7. oldsculler

Question regarding MC output level

I recently bought a second turntable, a Pro-ject RM 5.1SE, with a Sumiko Blue Point cart. It came with a Lehmann black cube (the older one, not the newer SE model), which I run it through. I find that I need to turn the volume knob perhaps 30% past the setting I use for most of my other gear...
  8. oldsculler

Opinions on Some bookshelf Speakers

Looking for a pair of bookshelf speakers for my daughter's small apartment. Some available on the local CL: Pinnacle PN6+ Wharfedale Diamond 504 Polk Monitor 40 Any recommendations, assuming similar price and condition?
Back
Top Bottom