Search results

1. pharoah

oh no polydome going

that's really good info thank you.
  2. pharoah

oh no polydome going

I guess it can vary.the speakers I have are circa 1987,and its 2018.so it took roughly 31 years for mine.
  3. pharoah

oh no polydome going

so no go on the Madisound driver good to know.well new development.while listening earlier I heard a clear distortion.it was in a voice from a youtube video.checked my speaker another chunk come off.so they are temporarily retired.
  4. pharoah

oh no polydome going

cool thanks.I know madisound has a replacement to.the scanspeak at madisound.it looks identicle to the one at simply speakers.
  5. pharoah

oh no polydome going

ok thanks everyone.its nice to have options.
  6. pharoah

oh no polydome going

yeah I am aware of that fact.that is supposed to be about.the only replacement available.i realize it isn't real bad yet.i really don't perceive a difference in sound.i do want to get something before it gets any worse.
  7. pharoah

oh no polydome going

oops my bad https://www.simplyspeakers.com/replacement-speaker-dome-midrange-m-330.html
  8. pharoah

oh no polydome going

that photo is old.one of them has a small crack,and a missing chunk.
  9. pharoah

oh no polydome going

just curious is this a legit place.to order replacements from? edit : https://www.simplyspeakers.com/replacement-speaker-dome-midrange-m-330.html
  10. pharoah

Bashing in General, specifically RS-1b's

as with any system.if you like it thats what matters most.i to have some infinity speakers not the same as you.mine are rs 6 kappa's.i like my infinity speakers alot.doesnt matter to me if others like em or not.point being not all people like any specific component.so if you enjoy the equipment...
  11. pharoah

Anybody refoam SM-120 woofers here

http://www.parts-express.com/speakerrepaircenter/index.cfm
  12. pharoah

A new Kappa emerges.

wow that is awesome,and i own a very nice set of those.hmmmm im having ideas lol.awesome work by the way.
  13. pharoah

why does my $45 t-amp sound so...AWESOME?

i have a couple of t-amps.one is a clone of the original its a dayton dta-1.the other is a diy based on an arjen helder mk3 ta2024.they both sound great the diy has more horse power.due to having a way better power supply.i run both with a chase technologies rlc-1 as the preamp.it sounds great...
  14. pharoah

Infinity 6 Kappa's vs. RS 5/B

i am still enjoying my kappa 6 speakers alot.refoamed woofer's tried the mcguires on the polydomes.they sound fantastic my mids were fairly dried out to.they are very supple to the touch now.i think it has made them sound better to.may just be in my head.
  15. pharoah

Google hi-fi system?!

haha thats awesome.
  16. pharoah

Family Favorites/Prejudices About Audio

years ago me and my brother used to have bass wars.boy o boy i remember dad stomping up the steps mad as hades.
  17. pharoah

Proton anyone?

ive always wanted the proton d1200.ive never owned one but ive heard one play.
  18. pharoah

Kappa 9 Bi-Amp options?

thats some serious power you have there.should sound fantastic.just because you have a ton of power.doesnt mean you have to use it all.
  19. pharoah

What amp drives your Infinities?

wow i must have the weakest amp on my kappa 6's.im using a nad c326bee integrated amplifier.
  20. pharoah

anyone have?

just to add one more thing about these speakers.they play plenty loud with the nad.alot louder than im going to play them for any extended time period.
  21. pharoah

New Amp Today

just played some left 4 dead 2 through it.it can make a decently realistic gunshot sound.i jammed for like 3.5 hours after first hooking it up.figured it was time to try a game.so far im really pleased with the sound of this thing.
  22. pharoah

Boss, you said employees can listen music in office ;)

quality over quantity any day.
  23. pharoah

New Amp Today

ive moved it over to my computer system now.i just wanted to try it with my klipsch's to.
  24. pharoah

New Amp Today

well i was a happy camper to see ups pull up earlier.got my new nad 326bee.it sounds absolutely fantastic with my infinity rs6 kappa speakers.
  25. pharoah

Kappa 9 Bi-Amp options?

i would just totally swap them around,and see what combo sounds best.
Back
Top Bottom