Search results

1. C

Kenwood KR-7600 relay going nuts

I have a KR-7600 that I have not used in a while. Yesterday I hooked it up bit didn't get any sound out of the right channel. After doing the standard troubleshooting to eliminate other problems (switched speakers etc) I noticed something strange. When the unit only has the LEFT speakers...
  2. C

Having a problem with Carver M-200t transformer thump

I just acquired a Carver power amplifier. Was unable to test it up on purchasing. But I got a good deal on it (I think) so I took the chance. It does work (plays music) but it cuts out. With nothing plugged into except power I found that the transformer is "thumping". Other than the transformer...
  3. C

Marantz 6300 Turntable Up & auto stop not working

My 6300 up and auto stop gradually gave out. I went into the bottom and I can see that the red light is on but when the arm metal thing passes through it does not fire the solenoid. Also , pushing the up button does not activate the solenoid either. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated...
  4. C

Can you identify this logo ?

I am looking at an ad for some speakers and I see one of them has this logo. Can anyone identify ?
  5. C

Sansui AU-6900 quiet left channel when TONE is "In"

I recently purchased this amp and upon testing all sounded good. But then I switched the Tone to IN so I could adjust the BASS/MID/TREB. In that mode the left channel is much quieter than the right. So I sprayed a lot of deoxit in all switches and potentiometers and worked them over real good...
  6. C

Pioneer SX-850 HG "switchable" ? to 110v ?

I recently purchased this vintage receiver and in the service manual it says that the voltage is switchable but I have removed both the top and the bottom and I do not see any place with a switch to 110 volt. On the back there is a switch cover but underneath it only reveals 240 and 220 volt...
  7. C

What do I need to fill these VOTT Cabinets

I just acquired (for free) some very rough Altec cabinets that kind of look like the photo attached. They are empty. No horns, no drivers, no crossovers...nothing. I would like to outfit these cabinets with some nice v o t t stuff. So I am looking for recommendations on the drivers etc. Input...
  8. C

Trying to identify these speakers Tannoy HLD 385A but what model ?

I'm looking at buying these speakers but I can't find another set that looks like these. They are listed as HLD 385A but that can't be the model number.
  9. C

Tannoy 385 efficiency ?

I am looking at a pair of Tannoy HDP 385A (Arden) speakers. I am told that they are great speakers but I would like some speakers that can handle 15w up to 200w (a peak that will probably never be touched as my normal peak would be about 75-100 watts) Are these good for that ?
  10. C

Gaps in my understanding of a schematic

so I have some gaps in understanding of reading a schematic and I have done some searches through the forums and watched YouTube videos but I find that there are bits and pieces all over the place and some of the YouTube videos I have a hard time understanding the accent. So I made this brief...
  11. C

Struggles with Marantz Receiver voltage adjustments

I am trying to make some voltage adjustments on my Marantz 2325 but I am having the following problems. For the power supply 35v adjustment it never settles down. I can only bring it to a voltage constantly bouncing around in the 34.7 to 35.7v range. Perhaps I should just be ok with that as...
  12. C

Marantz 2325 nothing but snap crackle & pop !

I have a Marantz 2325. So far this week: -Rebuilt power supply -Rebuilt both L & R amps -Rebuilt PU01 board (By Rebuilt on these I mean New Caps, transistors & diodes as well as clean and lube any switches) All of the above seem to work after some trial and error (and amazing assistance from...
  13. C

Marantz 2325 right channel wont work regardless of P700

I just rebuilt my Marantz 2325 P800 board and P700 boards. I noticed the Right channel does not work. Long story short...I swapped the P700 boards with each other and this made no difference. The problem remained ON THE RIGHT SIDE. So I hooked a pre amp to the 2325 Main In to isolate a...
  14. C

Marantz 2325 DC Offset too erratic to adjust !

So I did some searching and couldn't find my exact problem. I am trying to set the DC offset on my 2325 after rebuild of P800 and both P700's I followed the instructions but it seems impossible to adjust as it is bouncing around like crazy. Does anyone know what causes this and what I can do...
  15. C

Marantz 2325 P800 PS Board won't adjust

I just did a rebuild of the PS board on my Marantz 2325. Also rebuilt both P700 boards. Unit comes out of protection and no DBT glow. Both channels play music. Off the DBT , with my multimeter Neg lead on J804 and Pos lead on J805 the voltage read is 41.2 VDC and R809 has no reaction when...
  16. C

Need help P800 Power Supply Marantz 2325

I'm looking for some guidance on a problem I'm having with my Marantz 2325. I purchased a rebuild kit with new capacitors diodes and transistors for the board and everything seemed to be going well. I turned it on through a DBT and got a light glow and the protection relay did not open. So I...
  17. C

Sansui TU-9900 no AM sound

I have a Sansui TU-9900. The FM works great but there is no AM sound (not even static). The meters are working but no sound. Any tips on what could be wrong ?
  18. C

CEC tone arm drop adjustment question

I have an old turntable. It works great but when I press start the tonearm drops 1 second into the song instead of on the leading edge dead wax. I have adjusted other turntables before because there is a small screw at the back of the tonearm base where you can make the adjustment but this one...
  19. C

Marantz 2252 , what is this thing ?

Hi all, does anyone know what this thing is ? Does it have point a purpose or function other than a simple non grounded junction ? It is on the underside, right next to the 2 main filter capacitors. I can't find it on the connection diagram in the service manual thank you
  20. C

Questions for the Rotel RSP-1098 owners

Hi I have acquired a Rotel RSP-1098 is beautiful cosmetic condition but it is stuck in standby mode with no display (I suspect the standby mode locks out the display as it blinks for a split second when the rear power button is pressed) Question 1: Is the STANDBY button on the front supposed...
  21. C

Dual 701 steurepimpel ?

I recently acquired a Dual 701 as is. Typical situation ...stylus broken off...seller said "of course it works, it played perfectly 20 years ago". That doesn't bother me as most people don't know any better. It was a good price so I took it. Upon testing for function the arm doesn't move and I...
  22. C

BOSE MULTI-CD Changer...loose part ! Need help

Hi My apologies if this is not in the right forum as I did not see a dedicated Bose or CD forum available :) My BOSE 3 cd unit has stopped accepting discs. Upon opening I found a loose part and can't figure out where it goes. Does anyone have a service manual ? Thank you
  23. C

Pioneer SA-9100 Bias DC Offset VR3 Misprint ?

Hi I am hoping for some assistance. I am trying to follow the manual on this adjustment but the photo contradicts the instructions. Perhaps this is a misprint as I can not find a VR3...just a VR1 and VR2. Has anyone in the forum worked on this model and able to confirm? Thank you
  24. C

Is this noise from a transistor ? See video

I just did a full recap of a Marantz 2252. The reason for the recap is because I bought the unit many years ago (untested) and it had a LOT of problems. The recap went well and a bunch of other transistors along the way. Everything seems to be working well...except 2 things. When I turn it on it...
  25. C

Marantz 2252 POP when turned off

I just did a full recap of a Marantz 2252. The reason for the recap is because I bought the unit many years ago (untested) and it had a LOT of problems. The recap went well and a bunch of other transistors along the way. Everything seems to be working well...except 2 things. When I turn it on it...
Back
Top Bottom