Search results

1. tater415

pioneer sx 5590

well I went and did it. I bought a pioneer SX 5590 on impulse, I paid $1,400 plus taxes and shipping, it's going to need to be serviced. I already own its fair skinned brother the SX 1250. I guess there's nothing wrong with having a backup. at least that's how I view ownership of my motorcycles...
  2. tater415

altec 9440

I picked up a altec 9440 amplifier with a black colored finish a few years ago. I just got it rebuilt, here's a couple pictures of it. it sounds exactly like my silver face altec 9440
  3. tater415

family portraits

here's pictures of the technics family of receivers. from the top down starting with Junior, the SA 700 next is the sa 800 and then the SA 5760, next is the 5770, then on the bottom, the big Daddy sa1000
  4. tater415

CM labs RR 805

I picked up A CM labs 805 a few years ago. normally a stereo needs to put out at least 100 Watts per channel to come to my party. but something about this stereo caught my eye. so I had it repaired a couple of weeks ago. my tech put it on the dyno and it puts out 78 watts per channel at 8...
  5. tater415

Pioneer HPM 100

I have just won a set of pioneer HPM 100 speakers the 200 watt version. I have heard good and bad reviews , so I want to hear from anybody that has a set of them to comment on their performance. I plan on rebuilding the crossovers when I get them home. I have a lot of choices of what to power...
  6. tater415

Technics SA 5760 and sa 5770

I purchased a Technics sa 5760 and a 5770, I took them into my repair Tech for repairs as needed. The 5770 is rated at 185 Watts per Channel at 8 ohms. The 5760 is rated at 165 Watts at 8 ohms. So after a couple of weeks I picked up the repaired receivers. My Tech informed me that everything...
  7. tater415

Dirty little eBay trick

So 4 days ago a Marantz 2600 Hit The Auction Block which had a opening bid for$4,500 or a Buy it now price for $6,500. So I put a opening bid in. Well no one else bid on it so I won the bid and got it for opening bid of 4500 I immediately paid for it and 1 hour later I get an email from the...
  8. tater415

Philips a h 903 myth or Legend?

Hi to all, does anybody know if this model ever existed? Supposedly it's rated at 125 watts and listed as a stereo receiver. I have been looking for one to add to my family of receivers, but I have never seen one. Thanks for your input
  9. tater415

The year is 1978

I just picked up a nakamichi 730 stereo receiver built in 1978. This model was designed and sold with a wireless remote. So my question is does anybody know of other stereo receiver manufacturers building and selling stereos with a remote in 1978. The nakamichi retailed right around $1,000 back...
  10. tater415

Scott hh 390r

Hi I just acquired a Scott 390r just wondering if anyone out there has or had one and how they stand in the pecking order. Unfortunately mine took a pretty good hit to its side in the shipping process (thank you FedEx) so it's going into the shop. You're knowledgeable opinions are always...
  11. tater415

My first Marantz stereo

Well I did it I went out and bought my first Marantz stereo, I always loved the looks and the performance of Marantz but I never owned one so I bought myself an old broken-down 2385. now it's off to the shop to have it brought back to life. It has a lot of issues so hopefully they can be repaired
  12. tater415

altec 9440 question

I have just acquired 2 altec 9440 amps that I plan to bridge for a total of 800 amps into 8 ohms per channel x 2 to use in my home stereo, my question is how many sets of speakers can I safely run with this setup? I plan to use an old Hitachi sr 2004 to drive it for now, so I need some help with...
  13. tater415

question about running multiple amps through one set of(4) speakers

after years of collecting muitable intergraded solid state amps (10 and counting) it's time to pull them all out and put them in service.so what i would like to do is use a speaker switch box that could isolate the receivers why using 4 speaker's (2 for right and 2 for the left). so Iam looking...
  14. tater415

New owner of a Technics sa 1000 stereo receiver

I just become the new owner of my first Technics sa-1000 stereo receiver in non-working condition it's in the repair shop right now I have my fingers crossed that they can bring her back to life
Back
Top Bottom