Search results

1. Tubeglowpio

Pioneer sx 828 tant caps

Going through a sx 828 right now and wondering if changing those tant caps will lose some of the magic this amp has. I feel like they had room for e-caps on the tone board so wondering why they chose the tant caps, I could fit some film caps but wonder if I should leave those alone. I know they...
  2. Tubeglowpio

Eico HF 81 VS Dynaco St 35 DG Style?

I have yet to find any EL 84 stereo that sounds as good as my rebuilt Eico HF 81, I've read such good things about the St 35 using Dave's boards and wonder if anyone has heard both the modded st 35 and hf 81 and can compare them. The Eico is so musical sounding and sounds way more robust and...
  3. Tubeglowpio

Fisher 400 help

Hope some of you Fisher guys can help me with this Fisher 400 I payed good money for off of the bay, been wanting one for years so I'm hoping this one turns out nice. So since I have a chance to return this I have been doing some basic checks. So far I have only been able to get a few clean...
  4. Tubeglowpio

Eico Hf-81 Outputs

Hey everyone, hope everyone is staying cool this July. Just ordered an Eico Hf-81 and was wondering is anyones noticed that there seems to be two versions of the output transformers, anyone know if there is a quality difference? Also any idea of new pots to replace the old tone controls? Really...
  5. Tubeglowpio

Packard Bell DPA-150 Console amp schematic

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone has the schematic for the DPA-150 Console amplifier, not sure which console it came out of for sure but it looks like it may be from a RPC-122 or similar. Thank you, hope to make this thing useful again.
  6. Tubeglowpio

Magnavox 8601 back on bench questions

Hey guys, so the Maggie 8601 was the first tube amp I ever rebuilt with only the original iron and all new parts. This was about 3 or 4 years ago now and I quickly moved to building other audio gear but I always felt that the Magnavox should have sounded a little bit better, I did modify the...
  7. Tubeglowpio

Kegger/blueglow kt88 project

Happy new year everyone! I've been really busy but have wanted to build the Kegger se kt88 for awhile now and after seeing blueglows youtube videos I'm sold. I enjoy my 5 watt se builds but have a party coming up this spring and need more power so am ready to get started but have a few...
  8. Tubeglowpio

6e5 magnavox tuning eye help

Hey guys, about to fire up my new Magnavox Berkshire console but need help figuring how to install the 6e5 tube not sure what pin 1 is on the socket and tube, think it may have been in wrong before when I got it maybe. Will post pics soon.
  9. Tubeglowpio

Magnavox Berkshire Schematic

Hey everyone, picked up this nice Magnavox Berkshire last night for $45 bucks, they were asking 60 but the radio didn't work as they said. I was worried about the transformers being bad and my fears came true today when I did a voltage test, the high voltage winding is bad. The speakers and...
  10. Tubeglowpio

Picked up Magnavox 8802 console

Finally found a Magnavox stereo console in my area, paid more then I should have but it fit in the back of my car and worked to a point and had the stereo mpx decoder deal, turn table might be shot but haven't ruled it out and I have a backup in nice condition so may finally have a fully working...
  11. Tubeglowpio

Voice of music 1448

Just bought one of these online after reading a few good reviews, I'll post some pics when I restore it. I really need to locate a schematic so if anyone has one please link or pm me. If anyone has any info or insight on this amp let me know, they seem kind of rare.
  12. Tubeglowpio

Rh84 built, first impressions

So I got around to finishing the rh84 build, it was built as the circuit describes besides some power supply tweaks and plate voltage ended up around 276 volts. Cathode current ended up being around 34 ma so only dissipating about a little over 9 watts. I also added a 100k pot on the input and...
  13. Tubeglowpio

How bad is this power supply ringing?

So I'm wiring up this amp this weekend, finally had the time. I've never used a clcl filter before and know very little about ringing in a power supply, basically just know I want as little as possible. I ran an emulation in psud2 and believe I set it up right and these are some of the results...
  14. Tubeglowpio

Dgse1 ultra linear

Hey everyone, I've built a couple tube amps in the past but finally ended up pulling the trigger on building a dgse1 since I've heard mostly good things and love the sound of the maggie 8601 I suped up. I changed a few things from the schematic but mostly just the power supply to adjust the...
  15. Tubeglowpio

Anyone uses tube guards?

Have thought about using tube guards in a build but always wondered how you would switched the tubes out? Would you have to flip the amp and remove the nut then pull the guard off, swap tubes and put guard back on? Or is there enough room to get a grip on the tube and wiggle it out of the socket?
  16. Tubeglowpio

Set with full range vs two way with horn

Hoping everyone can help me out with this one, so I'm trying to decide on a speaker to build for a 2A3 or 300b tube amp. I haven't decided on which set to build yet because the full range is a 90 db and the mid bass with horn driver would be 99db. I'm just trying to see if anyone prefers horn...
  17. Tubeglowpio

2a3 schematic

If anyone has a schematic for a 2a3 amp that they have built and it sounds great please let me know, I've been looking to build a nice one of these and have searched the web but didn't find much. Thank you.
  18. Tubeglowpio

Which tube stereo to build or buy under 1500

Hey everyone, so this year I've been saving up my money and with Christmas and my birthday around the corner I've been trying to think of either buying or building my main audio rig except for the phono stage. I am currently using a amp I built with magnavox 8601 transformers. I do like the set...
  19. Tubeglowpio

Silvertone 6bq5 tubes

Anyone know who made Silvertone 6bq5 tubes. They are black plate with 312, 244 and ALM printed on them, thank you.
  20. Tubeglowpio

Magnavox tube tuner help please

So I located another switch for my Maggie 7911 tuner chassis. I took some photos and looked at the schematic and have no clue where I screwed up. I have it alligator clipped so that could be part of the issue. I get reception but not as much as expected and the speakers don't have dc but does...
  21. Tubeglowpio

Magnavox turntable identify help

Need to know the model number for this 1960s Magnavox Imperial S600 micromatic turntable. I also need to know which idler wheel and needle to get for it, appreciate any help, thank you. Here are some pics btw.
  22. Tubeglowpio

Magnavox tube console rebuild

Hi everyone, really hoping someone can help. So I basically gutted out a Magnavox stereo console and am replacing the solid state amp with a 8601 Magnavox tube amp and Magnavox tube tuner. I had to completely remove the old bezel/faceplate and make am making a new one out of wood. I want to...
  23. Tubeglowpio

DIY amp volume pot slow vol increase help

Hi everyone, I'm working on a 5 watt Bluetooth portable speaker for my mother in laws Christmas gift. I'm using the very simple audio amp chip LA4425, I've built these and others before and always get this one sounding very nice for the price but I cant figure out how to make the volume pot...
  24. Tubeglowpio

Zenith Tube Radio S-58040 Schematic please

Hi everyone, was wondering if anyone had a schematic for a zenith S-58040, want to fix this baby up nice. I'll post pics when done. Thank you!
  25. Tubeglowpio

Magnavox Tube Console Preamp Needed

Hi to everyone, been wondering if any of the Magnavox tube console pulls like the set and pp 6bq5 amp benefit from a pre amp? I tried using my Bottle head crack as a preamp and it sounds bad compared to the Magnavox alone, less bass and less of that El84 magic. Is this a problem with impedance...
Back
Top Bottom