Search results

1. S

What's Pioneer in your rig?

At home I have a SX 1250 with KLF 30's, and a SX 1080 hooked up to KLF 20's, and a PL 518 turntable. At my shop have a SX 1980 that pushes a pair of KLF 30's and pair of CV AT 15's. The 15's are under the bench and just used for bass fill in.
  2. S

Best/your favorite sounding vintage receiver under $500 today?

Nice! My Brother got a new 501 for Xmass when I was a little kid and I grew up listening to it. Years later in the early 90's I ended up buying it from him and still have it today. Both he and I DJ'd with it ran the sh!t out of it, and it never had one hiccup. It played for hrs pushing 2 pair of...
  3. S

Let’s talk vintage MONSTER receivers

Seeing a lot of nice receivers here! My big ones are: Pioneer SX 1980 Pioneer SX 1250(2) Pioneer SX 1080 Pioneer SX 3900 Realistic STA 2100 Realistic STA 2100D Realistic STA 2300 JVC JR-S501(2) JVC JR-S600 Markii (3)
  4. S

Best/your favorite sounding vintage receiver under $500 today?

My picks are: JVC SR-301 to 501, 600, Realistic STA 2100, 2300.. I have several of all of these and they all sound nice with plenty of power. The JVC's are nice and warm sounding, and the Realistics are better in the bass dep. Had a Yamaha R9 that was impressive for the price I paid. Those other...
  5. S

SX 1250 low on putput

I ended up taking this thing to a shop up in Fresno. After $500.00 and waiting 2 months. All they did was replace the input selector switch for FM, am, aux, phono. One of the Phono switches was stuck and broken but was not interfering with the performance. They did not address the stabilizer...
  6. S

Any techs in south central Ca?

Looking for someone near Bakersfield or Fresno area to take a look at my SX1250.
  7. S

Hello from Central Ca!

Thanks guys!
  8. S

SX 1250 low on putput

Thanks for the replies guys! I will check the voltage around power supply etc and we will see. Yes stabilizer was 43v not mv. I goofed that up. I might end up just having a tech look at this thing like said above I hate to mess it up, and Im too busy with work right now to devote a bunch of time...
  9. S

SX 1250 low on putput

Ment to say low on output. Big thumbs lol. Hope I posted in correct place. If not I appoligize. I have a 1250 I saved the other day. Came out of a storage unit and the ppl cleaning it out were going to take it to the dump! She's rough on the outside but cleaned up pretty nice and all the lights...
  10. S

Hello from Central Ca!

Been a lurker for awhile, long time audio nut. Have a JVC JRS-501 that I bought from my brother back in 1990' when I was14 yrs old. My Dad bougt it new. Also have a Realistic sta 2380 that I got for my Bday around 88-89. Since I have aquired another Jvc 501, 301, 2 600 mark ii's, a Realistic Sta...
Back
Top Bottom