Search results

1. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

Great taste in music! I'll be jamming some high def Sabbath tonight. I had a bad experience with the Freya and Schitt. Freya is noisy. Shitt's customer service is like their name. My self built Transcendent sound Masterpiece puts the Freya to shame.
  2. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

Hello Fellow Tektonians, Just thought I'd give an update on My Double Impacts. I had a few criticisms in the beginning, I felt highs were not as crisp as my Lores and that bass response was a bit loose with some recordings. Well after 2 years and a bit of downstream upgrading I find...
  3. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

Just an opinion of coarse. I find the Double impacts reach low enough that a sub isn't necessary. Also I've only heard a few subs that truly keep up and don't flood the room with the "room boom" effect. With most of the music I listen to a sub woofer was not used in the recording studio. However...
  4. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

I am sure if you give Eric a call he would be happy to elaborate on frequency response. Also maybe someone in your area will give you a demo? Tekton owners are all over the place. I also don't care for shrill overly bright speakers, I can report that the lores and double impacts are well balanced.
  5. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

I believe the offending frequency's are delegated to the dome tweeter. I have lore's and they are AMAZING, in some ways better than the DI's.
  6. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

Wow, Double impact wannabe's selling for 5000.00 a piece! https://www1.crutchfield.com/p_958XR100GB/McIntosh-XR100-Gloss-Black.html
  7. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

Your in for a treat. If he has Double Impacts his upstream gear should be decent. Maybe you could bring your DAC for a better idea and then he gets to audition a different DAC in his system?
  8. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

I assure you that Eric's offerings blow anything Bose has to offer completely out of the water. Has your dealer buddy heard any Tektons? The more hours I put on the Double Impacts the better they sound. I had some criticism right out of the box and at 30 hours. Now at 200+ everything is really...
  9. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

I sometimes forget that although small my dedicated man cave is boon to my musical sanity. I hope you can figure something out. I love the Lores, even though I have the Double Impacts I keep missing the imaging the Lores have. I'll probably swap them back soon.
  10. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

Hello Msas, Did you offer to paint them and let her choose the color? White can blend with walls etc. The choice puts the ball in her court.
  11. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

I would say that on some recordings the bass is loose and boomy on my double impacts. I wish the ports were front firing. I also find that the treble on my Lore's is more exiting, very occasionally shrill but worth it. Also not jazzed about the 4 ohm impedance. There was no 8 ohm option when I...
  12. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

Hey Rick, I have a Freya. I had some issues with noise in the left channel. I swapped the tubes around and still had problems. Turns out MANY 6sn7's are noisy. I was just swapping noisy tubes with more noisy tubes. Very frustrating. these are the nos tungsol repro's I'm talking about. long...
  13. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

Ok so I just re-emailed the request to their info link. If the other link on their site was broken that would explain the silence. Sorry guy's this isn't the thread for this. I wont post again about it.
  14. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

Got it directly from Schiit. The tubes that came with the unit were garbage. I spent a couple hundred on different tubes to have the same issue. No unkind words were written just a statement of the issue. No response. I guess I could try again. I would even settle for Store credit. It's...
  15. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

Man Woody, I wish I had a room like that! Very cool and classy. Maybe if I get out from under these student loans I will move to a larger house. I noticed your using a Schiit preamp. I have the Freya. I was getting noise in the left channel despite tube swapping etc. I tried to contact them for...
  16. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

Rick, For the money I would consider Wyred4sound. I used to balk at class D. Not any more. The new sx1000R mono blocks will give you 1,140W into 4ohms and the ST1000 will give you 725W @4ohms. They use half the power, don't get hot and the sound is unbelievable! really sick bass! Reviewers...
  17. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

18. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

Thanks Msas, That's a really decent price as well. Is there much transformer hum coming from the unit?
  19. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

I feel your pain with appliances. My fridge has a high pitched whine, and my air conditioning can drop house voltage by 3 volts or more. been thinking about getting a voltage stabilizer. Any of you guy's have experience with them?
  20. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

Not totally sure, but I think he used Kimber cable on mine. I believe he once worked for Kimber . Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  21. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

The clarity cap and wire upgrade are worth it. I wouldn't worry about the input terminals. The stock ones he uses are very nice. You wont regret the Double impacts and people freak when they see them, It's fun to see the expressions.
  22. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

Ya, curse of a very small room. Hope to be getting a larger space. I'd like to see them way further out from the wall as well. Seems like Eric is a big classical music Fan. I was a bit worried that he designs with only classical and jazz in mind, but turns out that killer bass and fast...
  23. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

Still M Still mind boggling it could get better. My next goal is to build a listening room like yours! hopefully the HOA here wont decline my request to add on.
  24. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

I was wondering the same thing, maybe it will be more exotic drivers custom made by SEAS. Or a cross between the 1812 and the double impacts.
  25. Audio Gorn

Tekton Owners Thread

Hi sunny, Currently I'm running Nad M51 to a Schiit Freya pre-amp, Wyred4 sound St1000 - 725w into a 4ohm load. Mostly J-river.
Back
Top Bottom