Search results

1. jeep jones

Two Position Tactile Switches - Pioneer PL-L800

Working on a Pioneer PL-L-800 that is in good shape. Looks like someone was in here before me putting in new caps and maybe reflowing some joints. Open issues include some intermittent responses from the tactile switches. I'm trying to locate the "Locate In" and "Locate Out" switches. They...
  2. jeep jones

Smokin Marantz SR-3100

Been putzing around with this Marantz SR-3100. It initially popped two of the rectifier diodes and smoked wildly when I first powered it up. I replaced the diodes, put in new filter caps (were out of spec) and put on new STK080G packs. Then, proving I can be taught, I plugged it into my dim...
  3. jeep jones

Diode ID?

I have a Marantz SR 3100 that blew out a couple diodes in the rectifier. It appears to have 18 S2V printed on it (see below) Need help identifying a good replacement. Thanks in advance!
  4. jeep jones

Burnt crossover components...Klipsch Chora II's

I am repairing a pair of blown Klipsch Choral's. Looking at the crossover...it must have gotten really hot at one point as shown here by the melted spool and burnt tape. Question, is this inductor still usable if it ohms out? Thanks in advance!
  5. jeep jones

Need some direction...Grundig recovery.

Unit has power, but no sound on any input...Checked fuses, all good. What's the next most likely failed component? BTW...The speakers show unplugged in the pic below, but that was not the case during my testing. I've actually hooked the speaker harness up to another amp and they work fine.
  6. jeep jones

Audio spectrum visualizer for windows....

I have a tv above my rack and want to show a full screen spectrum visualizer from a micro PC in the same rack. Anybody using anything that displays based on the line in signal on a windows PC? Willing to pay for something not loaded with malware... Thanks in advance!
  7. jeep jones

Protection switch source

Anyone have a good source for these? Or is there a compatible replacement? These are from a pair of Technics SB-L300's...
  8. jeep jones

JVC JR-S100 Hum...

Working on a JVC JR-S100. It plays and sounds great. However, it has an audible hum on all inputs. Replaced the filter caps, no change. Also makes a pretty good pop when turning on. No occilloscope, just a mm. Where should I start looking? Full recap of the power board? Transistors? Any...
  9. jeep jones

Filter capacitor with third leg?

Replacing filter caps in a JVC JR-S100 and found the caps to have a third leg. Noted as NC on the side. Any idea what that's for? Does it just maintain polarity? Looks like it doesn't connect to anything but an isolated pad. Also, any tecomme dating for a good replacement? They are Elna...
  10. jeep jones

Technics SL-1400 Platter Removal?

Anyone have the trick to removing this platter. Seems to be screwed to part of the motor assy. according to the note on the platter? Looked for screws from underneath and nothing is apparent. Do you have to remove the bearing plate? Thanks in advance!
  11. jeep jones

Epicure 3.0 rebuild question...

I'm rebuilding a set of Epicure 3.0's and have pulled the midranges and was checking them with a 9V. They don't rub, but they seem to have a lot of resistance in their movement. Cones move slowly down and back up. Any ideas as to what causes this? They read at 7 ohms, so I'm assuming they're...
  12. jeep jones

Is this broke or does it just need cleaned?

I have a Toshiba SA-520 that I'm cleaning up. The volume control an attenuator type. It seems to have spots where it drops out a little as it moves between detents. Is this due to being dirty or is it some other sort of failure? Can it be cleaned without breaking it? I'm hesitant to crack...
  13. jeep jones

This is a cool bit of kitch tech. BUT have some questions...

Picked this up locally... An MCS VTR component TV. Full review here: The Wave Form is obviously the coolest part of this and what I want to have on display. It takes line level inputs, but Techmoan mentions that you can get more movement by taking the speaker outputs from your amp...
  14. jeep jones

Pop Quiz - Speaker ID and Specs...

I picked some home grown speakers that had what look like some nice 15 inch Utah woofers...of course that's open to opinion. ;) C15R is stamped on the basket, but not much comes up on the interwebs under that number. Can anyone link me to specs on these? I want to re-use the cabinets...
  15. jeep jones

Crossover Confusion...

I recently picked up a pair of large DIY speakers from the 60s. Here is a shot if the interior... Running a 15 inch Utah woofer, an MG horn and some sort of ribbon midrange (based on where it connects to the crossover)? One of the speakers had a blown horn and midrange. For some reason...
  16. jeep jones

Kenwood KD-550

Hey, I've scoured the interwebs and can't seem to find a date or even date range for when Kenwood manufactured the KD-550. I'm selling one and would like to include the date in the description. Does anyone have any info? Thanks in advance!
  17. jeep jones

Need opinions (and I know you have one)

I've finished the veneer on my PL-514. The original base was water logged... I have the original dust cover, but the prior owner was a 3 pack a day smoker and must have put out several lit cigarettes on top of it. I have buffed out most of it, but still have a lot of work to do yet to...
  18. jeep jones

What's the proper name for this type of microswitch?

I have a Technics SL-QX300 that has issues switching between 33 and 45. I tested the microswitches and they work about 10 percent of the time. Im having trouble finding a replacement that stands verticaly off the board. I am finding plenty of horizontal switches, just not vertical. So, is...
  19. jeep jones

Feather touch micro-switches?

Working through some speed issues on my Pioneer PL-530 and determined I have a bad microswitch on the speed selector. So, no worries. I jump out to Parts Express and get a new one... Solder, test, and mount the new switch into the speed selector assembly only to find that there isn't...
  20. jeep jones

Heathkit AA-22 Restoration...Would you tackle this?

Ok, some background... I came across this Heathkit AA-22 as part of an auction lot (won it for 17.50). It came with the AS-22 speakers and a Garrard AT-60 turntable, which I've already finished restoring. The AA-22, looked like this when I cracked the case... I have since "cleaned" it...
  21. jeep jones

Never seen this one before...ID this cartridge.

I know its an EV 266 D, but certainly not much info out there on it. Anyone know the specs and/or replacement stylus number? It is coming off of an Garrard Model 60 turntable...
  22. jeep jones

What is this and what should I replace it with...

Working on Dual 1009. The motor itself is buzzing. However it works perfectly. I see there is a capacitor in the switch box. Was going to try replacing this first before replacing the motor. Im guessing this is a startup capacitor, but dont know what a good replacement would be. I...
  23. jeep jones

Will this ever become a problem?

I am linking two amps so I can share inputs both directions. However when I look at that on paper it looks like if I had both set to AUX, I may get a signal loop. If they ever are both set that way, will that damage anything? To me it just looks like each amp would see no signal. Thoughts?
  24. jeep jones

Stumped.

Just finished a Kenwood Kd-3077... I've cleaned the pots and speed selector switch thoroughly. I centered the pot dials and adjusted them both on the motor so that the strobe marks are dead still at 33 or 45. When I manually check the speed at 33, it's dead on. However, when I check it at...
  25. jeep jones

Cabling two amps to speaker selector switch...

I have this speaker selector...Speakercraft S4vc. I want to wire two amps to it without putting the amps at risk of damage. Is it as simple as taking the output from an a/b passive speaker switch (passthru with no impedance matching) and running it into the input on the S4vc? With the A...
Back
Top Bottom