Search results

1. DJdude

Old JC Penny Penncrest Stereo Record Player

You are always so helpful. Looks like a DIRTY JOB! I’ll take the back off this weekend and see what I’m up against. I’ll take pictures. I like your positivity and if I have to tear down and re-lube. I’ll buy your lunch.....gift card of course, ha! I wish you lived closer.
  2. DJdude

Old JC Penny Penncrest Stereo Record Player

Hello again~ Looking for some help again and you guys have always been really helpful in the past. I recently purchased a small stereo/record player by Penncrest. It’s old but in really good condition cosmetically. When I turn it on it lights up and wants to go. The first issue is the tuning...
  3. DJdude

Zenith SFH2605 Console Stereo/Record Player 62 or 63 model.

It's me again....We have successfully enjoyed this Zenith for a little over 2 1/2 years. I can't believe it's been that long but the dated post doesn't lie. Unfortunately, we were listening to it last weekend and the turntable started to slow down to a snails pace. My husband thinks it may...
  4. DJdude

Garrard Laboratory Series Auto Turntable Type A

I hear ya, I appreciate all your help thus far. My husband is now anxious to get it out of the cabinet. He is planning on putting it in the man-cave and selling his current speakers and extra turntable. I just thought keeping it all situated together should be our first effort. These old...
  5. DJdude

First, thanks SO much for all your help, you have been great BUT my husband says we are in over our heads so I'm going to stop at this point. Would you be interested in this or maybe you want to let go of one of your two? We'd like to put a Garrard back in so I guess we can sell the one we have...
  6. DJdude

I was too excited to wait until after work so I found time at lunch. Here it is so far....
  7. DJdude

Can you post a picture of yours? I don't know that I follow how you replaced the padding with packing material??? I'd like to see yours regardless, actually~
  8. DJdude

Got it. I think this part will be easy, pre-martini, that is....and then I will follow the rest of your directions above. I guess another question I have is, how do I know if the idler wheel needs attention. Would this be the only reason the turntable isn't playing?
  9. DJdude

Okay, Success...............what's next? I'm not sure I can identify the "C-clip" ?
  10. DJdude

Lucky Me! I'll keep you posted....
  11. DJdude

You are full of great information.....thank you!
  12. DJdude

Ohhhh, I was trying to get under it, not inside....this diagram is great, thanks....I'll try again tonight.
  13. DJdude

Okay, I did as you said but the "silver Garrard trim in the middle" does not really want to detach. Should I use some force? I have attached pictures of the middle minus the mat.
  14. DJdude

We will give this a try tonight. Thank you~
  15. DJdude

Thank you for that info!!!
  16. DJdude

Removing the platter seems to be a trick. Or we are too afraid to force it.
  17. DJdude

Could it also be called the intermediate wheel? That's the only wheel I can find on the diagram.
  18. DJdude

Hello out there~ Well, we just recently finished fixing an amazing Mid-Century stereo console but happened upon another one this past weekend that may just one up the one we have currently. The console houses The Fisher FM-50 and The Fisher X-100 with two Jensen Tri-10 speakers and a Garrard...
  19. DJdude

I write all of you this evening with a final.....ahhhh... update. We couldn't have gotten here with out all of your kind suggestions, conversations and help. We finally found a young man that comes from a family of electronic guru's and he ended up ordering all new tubes and got a transformer...
  20. DJdude

Good recommendation....thank you~
  21. DJdude

The pacific northwest is lucky to have you. If I disconnected the transformer and shipped it to you, would you be willing to check it? I have nothing to lose really. My husband would like to gut the cabinet and put in an alternative record player and hook it up to the existing speakers. I'd...
  22. DJdude

We bought the schematics and the owners manual. The key word/number is in there? Again Cademan, thanks for all your help. Do you possibly know of anyone who works on these in my area? Topeka? Kansas City? It's easy to transport...
Back
Top Bottom