Search results

1. D

Speaker recommendations for Kenwood KA-801 amp.

Glad we could help......................Enjoy.
  2. D

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

I just picked up a Kenwood KA-9100. Great condition. I decided to hook them up to a pair of Realistic Mach 1s (I know, I know. All show and little go...) But this set up sounds great. I wanted to see the woofer move and so I listened (at very high volumes) to Kraftwerk - The Robots, Pink...
  3. D

Can I clean my volume knob with mass airflow cleaner? Kenwood KR-7600

If you eliminate the volume control I would check the balance pot next....
  4. D

KA-9100 static in one channel

I think most wanted to help someone who was rolling up his sleeves. However, the most important thing is to know when the task is beyond your capabilities. I hope you get it back soon. They are definite keepers. I just bought one (waiting for it to arrive) and I am excited to get it.
  5. D

Look for "Trip to the Fair" off of "Scheherazade and Other Stories". Great song. Good album too.
  6. D

Kenwood KA-5700

LOL I've had a KA-5700, KT-5500 and KD-2055 since 1978 (or so). I play classic rock all the time too.........'Cept I turn mine up loud enough to feel some heat.........
  7. D

Jethro Tull - Thick as a brick. Earlier today It was Pink Floyd - DSOTM.
  8. D

KA-9100 static in one channel

Whatever you do, don't give this amp away or trash it. It is worth the effort to repair even if you have to pay someone to do it. (I hope I'm not too late)
  9. D

What are you drinking now?

Mug Root Beer
  10. D

Cheers from Romania

Salut Sorin. Welcome to AudioKarma.
  11. D

KA-501/601

In my haste the last few months I picked up a number of amps and tuners. (all Kenwood) that include the KA-501 and KA-601 - along with a KT-615 tuner. They all work perfectly and are very good cosmetically. Searching on AK I don't see a lot of folks restoring these. Or even a lot of threads...
  12. D

Kenwood KA 9150 refurb

What a Gem. Enjoy.
  13. D

How Many Kenwood/Trio Components Have you Heard/Owned?

I have owned a Kenwood amp and tuner I bought in the 70s and never had a problem with either. And lately I have bought 6 more amps and 4 tuners and the only issue I have with them is that with the exception of one amp, (a KA-7100), there has been nothing wrong with any of them that a good...
  14. D

KA-7100 repair

Since I got my new 7100 I realized that my older 7100 doesn't have the original knobs. I always thought there was something not quite right about it but I could never put my finger on it. My speaker and volume knobs are correct but the rest are a different colour and are longer. They look...
  15. D

Battle of the 70's - Round One continues...

I vote for Jethro Tull. I saw them at Maple Leaf Gardens during the Bursting out tour. What a great show. That was the end of the so called "classic lineup".
  16. D

Battle of the 70's - Round One continues...

Randy Bachman left the Guess Who to start BTO but the Guess Who lived on for many years after.
  17. D

KA-7100 repair

Thanks for the feedback avionic. I think my next step will be to replace the trim pots with multi-turn pots. I had a difficult time setting the centre and bias voltages. I am also considering re-capping. I have a cart in Digi-key with all of the electrolytics needed and it will only cost...
  18. D

Recommend me a set of inexpensive bookself speakers, less than $200 used

I can't argue with EPI100s. I own several pairs and in one setup I have 4 per side wired to 8 ohms. Imagine having 8 of those tweeters. Literally "music to my ears".
  19. D

KA-7100 repair

I thought I would talk about a KA-7100 I recently bought and had to repair. Sorry I don't have any photos to share. I recently bought a 7100 sign unseen and in an "as is" condition. The guy said he didn't know what was wrong but that it suddenly stopped working. I decided to gamble and...
  20. D

The KA-9100 restoration.

Hi Hopjohn, I am very impressed. Nice work. You have given me some inspiration to perhaps re-cap a 7100 that I just got working. Again. Very impressive.
  21. D

Kenwood Power Meters

True. But so do knobs and switches and the 7100 seems to have a few that are unnecessary (IMO) and could be eliminated in favour of meters. The entry level 5700 and 6100 both have meters. I am just pondering the lack of consistency across models at all prince points?
  22. D

Kenwood Power Meters

I have a number of Kenwood integrated amplifiers from the late 70s. One of the nice features of many of them is that they have analog power meters. However just as many do not have them. I was wondering if anyone has an idea of why some models in the same line would have meters and some would...
  23. D

Shorted KA-7100 output TR

Good to know.
  24. D

Kenwood KA-7100 Heat Sink

Thanks. I do appreciate all those who were trying to help.
  25. D

Shorted KA-7100 output TR

I agree but I believe I do have the required mechanical and electrical aptitude and I have good soldering skills. I am an electrical engineer too - although that doesn't mean I am an expert on amplifiers and I most certainly will have questions and thus it is nice to know that some have worked...
Back
Top Bottom