Search results

1. Lucas1500

Vintage JBL Speakers vs Newer Offerings of Today - OPINIONS?

I prefer older speakers for better sound, but this thread has definitely gotten out of hand, wow!
  2. Lucas1500

What is your occupation?

Those are beautiful! :thumbsup:
  3. Lucas1500

What do you think of JBL speakers???

If you think the Earth is flat, then by all means, the burden of proof is on you. I don’t know what your occupation is, but name calling won’t solve anything. Let’s be better than that.
  4. Lucas1500

Who are these “young newbs” you speak of?
  5. Lucas1500

Just curious, what made you come to this epiphany?
  6. Lucas1500

^ This in a nutshell. I’m not in favor of any speakers from the 4400 series. No IFS, no BUTTS, no COCONUTS. But on the flip side, I think the Pioneer HPM-1500’s are better than the JBL L-100’s (not to start any debates). They’re nowhere close to JBL’s pro stuff, though. :(
  7. Lucas1500

MC275 - McIntosh tubes vs. others

If I may offer my 0.02 on the matter, I'll also agree to using the tubes McIntosh provides. Not because it's the "more cost efficient route", but for the sheer fact that it sounds so WONDERFUL with your McIntosh unit. If someone wants to chase some "unique sound" from "rolling tubes", then...
  8. Lucas1500

Mytek Brooklyn - Anybody have one?

It should be able to, yes. The McIntosh D1100 is simply the finest DAC I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. Compared to the other two DACs, the D1100 is in a league of its own. Unfortunately, I'm not capable of buying such a beautiful piece from McIntosh due to money. The D1100’s left...
  9. Lucas1500

JBL 4333AWX & McIntosh DREAM system!

:whip:Lioh, your speakers made my Pioneer HPM 1500’s look like a joke, literally. Someday I hope to have a pair and set-up just like yours, though, I will never get the chance to own something this incredible AND breathtaking. I got the goosebumps just hearing them, let alone looking at them.. I...
  10. Lucas1500

My first stereo system

I remember my first system! :beerchug:
Back
Top Bottom