Search results

1. ivo

Parasound HCA1200 II Issue: Relays click, left channel distorted weak with Bias 0v, All outputs tested good.

Any help please with N-channel Junction FET? I put one of these on the bench and my tester gave this: Drain and Source not identified. Gate identified. Is this element good or bad?? New: The N-Channels are good. So I checked out almost everything on this board. All tested elements are in good...
  2. ivo

Parasound HCA1200 II Issue: Relays click, left channel distorted weak with Bias 0v, All outputs tested good.

Ok, I lifted one of the other capacitor leg(on the working right channel board) and its 50 nF, so this is ok.
  3. ivo

One question: There is a capacitor(cement?) with abbreviature on it 0.50k 100 Full PSD. Is it 50 nF?
  4. ivo

Well, the relays clicks in 4-5 seconds after the unit is turn On so they are good I believe. Yes I did deoxit spry the volume control in back. They are moving easy without any scratch. That was my first concern.
  5. ivo

Ops! I forgot: The voltage from the main capacitors is identical on both boards.
  6. ivo

Hi!! I decided to test My Parasound, which was on the shelf for maybe 4 years, and what I found is that the Left channel reproduced a feeble and distorted signal. Last time both channels were good. The Bias measured on this board is 0mv and never changes if I turn the VR Resistors in any way(The...
  7. ivo

Troubleshooting CD Players

dr*audio, I have I have a question: What is the reason one player spins the cd with abnormal speed? I mean really fast, damn fast. And of course, the laser doesn't read anything. This is my Bose Acoustic Wave II 5Disc changer. Everything else(the mechanical part and display) works great. Thanks...
  8. ivo

Electro Voice EV8D question

Thanks a lot, swechsler! I was wondering what is this because the speakers are definitely NOT blown. The sound is very low but clear. I opened one of the speakers and yes there is not a lot of rum, the wires are short. I maybe will try one of these.. Will post the result here. Thanks again for...
  9. ivo

Electro Voice EV8D question

Hi! I have a chance to get 4 EV8D speakers. These have four input terminals for parallel or Daisy chain connection. The problem with mine is that these nice balls sing very, very quietly. There is no distortion but a very low sound. I tried both wiring and the result is the same. There is a very...
  10. ivo

Denon DP-23F(47F) IR3T03 micro processor

took a look in my inventory and found these photo resistors. So, made some measurements: they are 100kohm in the full dark and 0.500 kohm in bright light. Hope this will help in your project.
  11. ivo

Denon DP-23F(47F) IR3T03 micro processor

richardloh, this post is 4 years old and unfortunately I lost all information about this eBay seller. I hope the VinylEngine post is still there. If you open the machine you will see the photoresistors under the tonearm. If these are bad, the computer doesn't know what position is the tonearm...
  12. ivo

Pioneer C-90 Modification question

I have a question. As I said I replaced Q706(2SD836A) with a new one. I'm going to replace and Q708(2SA985A). Is there some specific between these two devices? Or the main match is with Q705 and Q707 respectively?...
  13. ivo

I replaced Q706 with new 2sd836a(Video board) and got 5.6v to the front control board which is working now. All lights and ALPS switches are good and responsive. But the left channel has a big distortion. The right channel is pretty good. Also, the new 2sd836a becomes really HOT after 10 min of...
  14. ivo

C 26 noise

Yes, I'm here. Thanks!!
  15. ivo

C 26 noise

Sorry for the delayed answer! None of them! I'll do all of your advice and will post the result here. It is going to take a few days. First I'll check for the c310,309 present as the unit is unplugged to any system now.
  16. ivo

C 26 noise

This is what I found: 2 CERA-MITE 440LS10 0.01uF 10000pF 760VAC Ceramic Disc Capacitor Safety X1, Y1 Is it ok for this project?
  17. ivo

C 26 noise

Do you mean to install a .01 film cap. between 110ac hot and common lines?
  18. ivo

C 26 noise

Refugee, thanks a lot for the bulletin!! I'll definitely try it! Hey, Leestereo I read with huge attention your thread about repairing/restoring one Audiokarma member's C26. It was GREAT HELPFUL!! The thread with all these photos and explanations(acceptable for hobbyists like me) is a...
  19. ivo

C 26 noise

No, I never did. So what I did is replace the two big can capacitors with four new Nichicon. I left the old cans in place and attached the new four Nichicon on the bottom side of the board. The hum and noise disappeared. I'm wondering why nobody answers me at least with a few words to give me...
  20. ivo

2SD836A Question

I'm trying to back to life my Pioneer C-90 PREAMPLIFIER. A lot of problems here. A cracked switch assembly board and two of the ALPS (CD&TUNER) were broken and I replaced with new(old) ones. The lines on the cracked board are very tiny and it is not possible to scratch the isolation and draw the...
  21. ivo

Any speecifical issues durring this repair? What were your promlems?
  22. ivo

After carefully considering the schematic diagram I believe that there is no way to disconnect the Video circuit in order ti use only the audio section of this Pioneer. The area that supplied the power to the video circuit is totally damaged(pls see photo). Q711,712,710, and 709 need...
  23. ivo

A friend of mine gave this not working Pioneer. Phono and tuner buttons didn't click, so I removed the front panel and replaced the two bad alps switches with some alps from an old Sony CD player. This action didn't fix the unit - it doesn't accept any command. When opened the bottom cover I saw...
  24. ivo

Kenwood ka-400 power LED indicators issue

Thanks for the response and help! Unfortunately a short time after my thread I sold this amp. I think I got the Service Manual at HIFIEngene. Regards!
  25. ivo

Pioneer C-90 relays and selector button switch questions

It looks like the push switches on the selector block are ASG711. it is a square body, round button 4 pins miniature switch. Mouser has similar ALPS Alpine push switches.
Back
Top Bottom