Search results

1. Rog50

Unpopular opinion

Cuttthroat Island, staring Geena Davis, is the best pirate movie ever made.
  2. Rog50

stylus under the $60 microscope

This youtube video shows the clarity that you can get with this cheap microscope
  3. Rog50

Netflix crackle

If I stream Netflix through my Bell Fibe box i get occasional speaker crackle If I stream it through my Lg SK9000 built in webos, I get sound drops, almost sounds like a record with a very slight skip. If I stream it through first generation Apple Tv box, it seem fine. New Marantz SR 5013 AVR...
  4. Rog50

Dolby Atmos - Thoughts . . .

Still have a simple 5.1 system, complete Monitor Audio speakers all around except for the sub. I do not want to spend the bucks on Monitor Audio atmos in ceiling speakers. Any recommendations ? Would either of these be suitable for an atmos setup with my current speakers ? Klipsch R1650C...
  5. Rog50

SU-V9 Advice needed

Oh perfect ! Thanks much for that. Had it serviced once a couple of years ago for same thing and was hoping I could do it myself this time.
  6. Rog50

SU-V9 Advice needed

My lovely old Technics beast has developed the intermittent channel dropout and now it drops out both channels. Can play it for one minute or one hour at times before this happens. Does anyone have pics or advice on how to get at the switches for cleaning and which ones are the usual culprit...
  7. Rog50

Knowing when to pull the plug?

Get yourself a nice restored Lenco. You will be forever happy.
  8. Rog50

Happy 70th birthday LP: June 21, 1948

Crap, now I am thinking, did I not toss that one out to the goodwill a few years back.
  9. Rog50

Studio 12 Amp removal

Son's Paradigm Studio 12 has died and he wants to send it in for repair. Just sending in the amp and back panel, the sub weighs 90 pounds. We removed all the screws from the out edge of the back panel but the panel won't budge. Has any one removed the amp from their Studio 12 and can share how...
  10. Rog50

Direct drive turntables with auto lift?

The Dual 510 has auto lift. Also has a very neat method for manually dropping the needle on the correct spot every time. One of the very few tables I have had that is hum free with no ground wire. It is belt drive, but holds its speed fairly well. I have belt drives, idlers and direct drive...
  11. Rog50

Shipping a dual 1219

Off topic sorry, but now I have to go dig out my Osibisa album and listen to "The Dawn"
  12. Rog50

Do you let people operate your hi end ‘tables?

No And as an aside, the woman I bought my Lenco L70 from said it sat in the cabinet for over ten years, unused since her husband died. He would not let her touch it when he was alive and after he passed on she was afraid of breaking it.
  13. Rog50

Where to Place Digital Gauge on Platter?

Regardless of where I put the scale on the platter, I make sure I first put a small piece of painters masking tape on the platter, joining it to the top plate. That way I know it won't rotate on me when I lower the stylus down onto the scale. And close to the outer edge is a practical and easy...
  14. Rog50

What Were The Engineers At Dual Thinking?

^^ My '59 TR3 hit 105, better than what I got out of a '68 MGB. Far scarier than that was the one successful attempt to break 100 on my '69 BSA Spitfire. (i think it did but was almost impossible to read the speedometer from the vibrations)
  15. Rog50

Dual 510 find

Reset theanti skate. There is three different settings for whatever VTF you choose. One for elliptical stylus, one for conical and one for 4 channel. Not sure just how much difference it makes. Moved the table off the bench and into the downstairs setup. This will be home for a while. Need...
  16. Rog50

Dual 510 find

I saw that in the service manual, 62, but have not seen any for sale anywhere. Just a mention of re-positioning or adjusting the control via a nut on a shaft. Will have to check it out closer. The lp I used is a percussion one, no vocals, sounded fine even with the pitch off. Will give a...
  17. Rog50

Dual 510 find

This popped up on our kijiji yesterday. Offered full price for it and picked it today. Bought it off a fine young man who acquired it off his grandparents. He described them as having a lot of very nice, hardly used stuff. The table is in very, very nice shape. I pulled the platter to check...
  18. Rog50

Lenco Tonearm upgrade worth it?

I have an L70, the difference between our tables is 99 percent the tonearms. I swapped out my perfect, stock arm for an Audio Technica AT 1005 Mkll. which is still a husky arm but much easier to change out carts etc. That old Lenco, with a partially finished mdf plinth and new idler wheel...
  19. Rog50

HOW DO YOU STORE YOUR VINYL?

Sad but true, this is the main storage lol. I do have a diy album holder beside my primary turntable that gets WAF so I am okay. This is downstairs awaiting an Ikea cabinet most likely.
  20. Rog50

Idler wheel turntable opinions

My lenco l 70 with a new Audiosilente idler wheel is the quietest table I have. Sony Ps X6, Technics Sl D202 and Pioneer PL 10. Only gripe I have is my Ortofon MC10 Super cart does not get along with the AC motor. So I stick to MM carts for now. Using the iphone RPM app, my Lenco holds dead...
  21. Rog50

Amplifier Distortion, DC-Offset, and You!

Technics SU-V9 (Was serviced 2 years ago) R = 1.8 L = 0.9 Yamaha CR240 Untouched bottom of the line receiver R = 21.5 L = 19.6 (took a while to settle down on the left channel, dropped from 20.2 over a few minutes)
  22. Rog50

For your entertainment........

Neat contraptions but now I am plagued with the question. What type of water would give the most pleasing sound?
  23. Rog50

Baffled by hum

First, thanks for the replies. Wayne mentioned chassis ground and tonearm ground tied to same point. The stock tonearm junction pad has the tonearm ground wire connected via a pcb trace to a grounding screw so I thought I was good to go. Meter showed good connection to ground there. I...
  24. Rog50

Baffled by hum

Yes another hum question to ponder Rewired the tonearm on a Sony PS x6 using Kab Superflex, silicone coated tonearm wire. Have hum that increases with volume pot and is way to loud at listening levels. Touching the ground wire reduces hum by about half but still too loud Touching the spindle...
  25. Rog50

Sony PS-X7 TT - Unable to adjust proper tonearm drop point ???

i had my PS-X6 apart and the drop point adjustment did nothing at first. It was not until I moved the brake arm a couple of times to get the stylus to drop very close to where it should be that I was able to use the screw. Then it worked properly, moving the drop point about 1/16 inch with...
Back
Top Bottom