Search results

1. Stegnick

MC275 worth it?

I decided instead of using my set aside money to buy a MC275, I ended up buying a C2500 instead. Don't think I could be much happier. I still like having all the power from the MC2300 without dishing out $10k.
  2. Stegnick

Turn the gain all the way up?

I have a Mac C2500 and a Mac MC2300. I think many years ago, I was told to leave the amp at about 2/3rds, which I've had it set on 6 since. I was wondering if there was any advantage in any way by setting them a certain way over another.
  3. Stegnick

Turn the gain all the way up?

Couldn't find an answer anywhere. Just quite simply, is it better to run an amplifier at full gain, half gain or whichever? Would the amp be working less on full gain?
  4. Stegnick

McIntosh vs Sansui

I think the 9090 or 8080 receivers are a grade above entry level Mac Stuff. Maybe consider like a Marantz 2285b or a Pioneer SX1250? In that price range.
  5. Stegnick

C2500 Preamp

Looking to buy one. What's the fair market value on one of these in Like New condition (manual, remote, box)? Is 4700 a fair price?
  6. Stegnick

Upgrade C20 to...?

Looking to upgrade to a C2200? I'm not so familiar with that model. Any feedback on that model? Any other preamp suggestions? C22? Or stick with C20?
  7. Stegnick

MC275 worth it?

I kinda figured I might need 2x MC275s. So I'll probably stick with what I got. Any preamp suggestions?
  8. Stegnick

MC275 worth it?

I did listen to one at the store but that's with a C1100 and B & W Speakers. Sounds great but the equipment is vastly different.
  9. Stegnick

MC275 worth it?

I've been thinking of buying a new Mcintosh MC275. Right now, I'm running a Mcintosh C20, McIntosh MC2300 with JBL L-222's. It sounds great. Plenty of power. My question is: By going to an all tube system (purchasing MC275), is there going to be that much of an audible difference to justify...
  10. Stegnick

Which MC275s are better or all the same?

I'm looking into buying a mc275. Is there any difference between buying a brand new one or any of its vintage counterparts? A brand new one I think is running around $5900.
  11. Stegnick

ST-70 Post Office Victim

What service did you ship with, Priority Mail or Parcel Post? In my opinion, NEVER use Parcel Post for fragile items. Parcel Post packages are loaded into a large cage and literally dumped upside down onto the conveyor belts. Even though Priority Mail is much more expensive, it is moved by...
  12. Stegnick

Sansui TU-9900 or McIntosh MR78?

How would you stack the 74 and 80 vs the Sansui 9900? My preamp is out for servicing, so I haven't had a chance to truly listen to this tuner just yet.
  13. Stegnick

Thoughts on Harman Kardon CT7 Linear Turntable?

Sorry, yes I meant ST-7 Both tables are like 8+ condition. I use a Pickering xv-15/625e. I can't remember what cart was on his TT but it was a really good one. Sounds to me tho, to stick with the Technics. Thanks!
  14. Stegnick

Thoughts on Harman Kardon CT7 Linear Turntable?

Was offered one in a trade. Not really familiar with this model. Guy wants my Technics 1200mk2 in the trade. Which is the better TT?
  15. Stegnick

Sansui TU-9900 or McIntosh MR78?

Just looking for opinions. I just picked up a Sansui TU9900 in a trade. Right now, I use a Mcintosh C20 and MC2300. Most people say the MR78 is the best Mac Tuner. Should I stick with the Sansui or buy the Mac Tuner? Pros and Cons?
  16. Stegnick

Need Opinions. New to Mac Tubes.

Finally, after ten years of using the same equipment, I've decided to start back into tubes again. currently, I'm running a MX113 and a MC2300 on JBL L222's. I just bought a fully serviced C20. Right now, it's got all new Electronic Harmonix tubes. would it make much difference to buy vintage...
  17. Stegnick

Just changed to a Pickering XV-15 625e

Have not noticed any sibilance with this stylus, but I will definitely look into those others you mentioned!
  18. Stegnick

Awesome. Yeah I did notice the weight difference.
  19. Stegnick

Seems like a huge upgrade on the high frequencies to my ear. I haven't played around with too many other carts out there. Any other suggestions? or this one should be good enough?
  20. Stegnick

Just acquired a Pioneer PL 117D...

Thanks!
  21. Stegnick

Just acquired a Pioneer PL 117D...

I just picked up this turntable. It has a Pickering XV-15 cart. Could use a new Dust Cover. I was thinking of keeping this TT but I was wondering if there is any place to buy parts? The tonearm clasp is broken. Also I was wondering if any other clasps were interchangeable? maybe from a 112D or...
  22. Stegnick

McIntosh C2500, Sansui TU-9900, McIntosh MC2300, Technics SL1200MK2 Pickering xv15/625e, JBL...

McIntosh C2500, Sansui TU-9900, McIntosh MC2300, Technics SL1200MK2 Pickering xv15/625e, JBL L-222 Disco
  23. Stegnick

Help Identify This! 1923 Signal Short Wave Radio?

National Browning-Drake Cambridge, MA
  24. Stegnick

Only thing i can find on Signal is they made telegraph instruments.
  25. Stegnick

The brand seems to be Signal Electric, Menominer Mich. I'm bad with cameras so I can't get a clear close up shot. I wasn't planning on parting it out but was figuring the parts had to worth the investment.
Back
Top Bottom