Search results

1. SJC2574

Hello, I see you may be the expert on here with Marantz. I have a 2230 that I bought and had...

Hello, I see you may be the expert on here with Marantz. I have a 2230 that I bought and had some work done. There are some issues that have come up and looking for help on getting in corrected the proper way. Would love to talk to you about it. Thanks Jason
  2. SJC2574

Not Getting that "Warm" Sound

Well all is not lost...I couldn't take it anymore. I knew this was not the sound people were after, so after a little looking around I purchased some JJ ECC803's and put them into my MS23B pre amp. WOW!!! Instant improvement in sound! Nice and warm with much more low end. Mids are not way out...
  3. SJC2574

drtool are there brands of NOS? I may be off but by your name are you going to see APC in Sugarland?
  4. SJC2574

This actually helped. I was on 8 and moved to 4 and the sound is much more tempered. THANKS! I can see the stage everyone speaks of and it is great. If tubes help temper even more as they burn it this could turn out very nice.
  5. SJC2574

I am by no means going to give up on it yet. I understand it needs some burn in time. Think I will start looking into some tube rolling at some point in the near future as well. What are military surplus tubes and where would one find them? What are NOS tubes, is that a brand?
  6. SJC2574

Thank you for the replies so far... x3-the current tubes are the stock tubes that came with the GS-01 psvane el34-b's, 6n9p's, and 573pa is what is on the sides of the tube glass not sure of brand. The MS23b has the 12AX7's and again not sure of the brand. I do have to say that this morning I...
  7. SJC2574

Let me start with, I am very new to tubes. I started with an AR XA that was beautifully restored and upgrade and bought a Marantz 2230 and Heresy II's. I loved this set up! Everything I thought when I started in to building a vintage system. But, like everything, if it was that good what could...
  8. SJC2574

Marantz 2230 LED Change - How to? (Please be kind)

So this is my first post and I hope it goes well. Seen some that haven't. A little back ground... I have been playing around in the vinyl world for a few years. Thought I was cool. Then I heard a real system from a friend of mine that I don't get to see very often. Vintage Dual table with...
Back
Top Bottom