Search results

1. M

Pioneer PL-518 motor question

Thanks for the reply! It sure looks factory. The info I was able to find was sketchy at best. A Google result for a "PL-518 motor PXM-068-D" listing from Ebay Singapore that goes to a dead page when you click it. And another result for a PL-518 service manual that mentions the pxm-068 in the...
  2. M

Pioneer PL-518 motor question

Hello I just picked up a PL-518 in decent shape overall, but it needed a few little things and some long overdue maintenance. In preparation for opening the unit up I watched numerous videos, looked over the service manual and read a bunch of old threads on AK and elsewhere. I was kind of...
  3. M

Hello

Thanks again! Looks like the CR1020 is turning into a bit of a project so I'll be around for a while...
  4. M

Removing faceplate on CR-1020

Planning on checking the fuses as the first step. I also found a pretty bad gash in the power cord jacket under some ancient electrical tape so I'm trying to find specs on a replacement. Although the cut in the cord exposed copper on both + and - it doesn't look like it actually cut through...
  5. M

Got it all cleaned and back together. Plugged it in, turned it on and... nothing. No lights, no sound, the FM tuning needle moved to the right at about +50 and that was it. So I'll be reading up on troubleshooting these things. I have read they have some quirky power issues so maybe it's related...
  6. M

Cool, I'm glad I wasn't missing something obvious! Thanks again..
  7. M

I hate to be dense... I just pulled the faceplate off and it's connected to the chassis by the wire pigtail that leads to the LEDs. I tried gently pulling on that box that holds the LEDs on the back of the faceplate but it didn't budge and I didn't want to yank on it. I know this has got to be...
  8. M

That would be it. Thanks!
  9. M

Before I pull the faceplate, I've read that the small red LEDs are easy to break off and can't be replaced. Are there any steps I should take beforehand to minimize the risk? I've removed the top and bottom screws and the knobs and switches are all off, I just got nervous after reading a couple...
  10. M

Hello

Thanks!
  11. M

Hello

Full disclosure... I posted this in the Solid State forum yesterday, but just now noticed the intro forum so I'm cross posting it here! Joined up a while ago when looking for a vintage turntable as a gift for my son. I found him a Pioneer PL-41 in decent shape for a decent price on CL and in...
  12. M

Welcome to the Solid State Forum!

Hello. Joined up a while ago when looking for a vintage turntable as a gift for my son. I found him a Pioneer PL-41 in decent shape for a decent price on CL and in the process kind of got interested in vintage gear myself. Not really a surprise as I'm interested in vintage cars, motorcycles...
Back
Top Bottom