Search results

1. Sansushi

Abbey Road 50th Anniversary Vinyl

i would crack it open and play it. much better mix imo
  2. Sansushi

Rubber Soul. & Help Mono Recommendations

i was suggesting that i found generous ak members who were willing to sell a copy in barter town without making a large profit. i realize the going rate is higher now. that's what's so great about ak community. generosity abounds
  3. Sansushi

Rubber Soul. & Help Mono Recommendations

i have several of the 2014 mono releases and they are excellent. I picked one up here on ak by placing a wtb add in barter town.
  4. Sansushi

Ya, I've lived in the South

^ I prefer a good whippet over cool whip
  5. Sansushi

Ya, I've lived in the South

Born and raised in Mississippi and have lived in NW Arkansas now for 35 years. Growing up in MS was great for a white kid who wasn't too socially conscious. I like to think i have evolved... but everything is relative. Ketchup is for french fries and fried catfish.
  6. Sansushi

Choosing CD Player

Denon DN-600F for sale used on Reverb now for $99
  7. Sansushi

Thinking of giving up physical media?

@qlsavior put into word much of what i feel/think about physical media, specifically records. I have collected records for just over 40 years and that is how i love to experience recorded music in my home. I have friends ten years younger than me who never bought records, but cassette tapes...
  8. Sansushi

What are you listening to right now the second you see this post

furnace fan and the house settling and popping. no screen in front of me while listening to music
  9. Sansushi

Thorens TD 160 won't bounce

My house has suspended wooden floors over a crawl space and a wall shelf mounted to studs was required. Easy and inexpensive if you don't mind going that route.
  10. Sansushi

Dave is excellent to deal with. I love my vinyl nirvana td 160
  11. Sansushi

If I was a farmer I’d definitely want one!

one of his less extreme conspiracy theories, i'll admit
  12. Sansushi

What was your first car?

'66 Belair. Nice 8 track stereo in 1974
  13. Sansushi

you might check with @ddarch at vinyl nirvana. he has set up a couple of 160's and has the correct springs
  14. Sansushi

What is the best all around Vintage Turntable?

I have a thorens td160 super reproduction from Dave at vinyl nirvana with rega arm and dynavector 20x2 cartridge. all the table i will ever need. saw on vn website recently that Dave is cutting down on his work schedule and only working on/restoring td125 moving forward. This table has been pure...
  15. Sansushi

What Record Brush do you use?

have used this for a while and really like it for removing surface dust audio technica 6012
  16. Sansushi

Sidney Poitier has passed

A great actor and a brave force for equality. RIP
  17. Sansushi

Happy Birthday pumpkinman!

Happy Birthday!
  18. Sansushi

Sansui AU-919 Black Flag Capacitors, Some help please

you might check with member @Leestereo
  19. Sansushi

AudioKarma Member Bimasta Has Passed

andy warhol screen test
  20. Sansushi

Happy Birthday doctorolds!

Happy Birthday fellow Arkie!
  21. Sansushi

Tool question: What are these called / what are they used for ?

spatulas with wooden handles. we use them in a lab at work for transferring solid chemicals for weighing from containers to weigh boats.
  22. Sansushi

Today's AMERICANA playlist.

https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FbGT2pBsDmw8&data=04%7C01%7Cchking%40uark.edu%7C26b6a14bc7dc4b423aae08d9bb21bd37%7C79c742c4e61c4fa5be89a3cb566a80d1%7C0%7C0%7C637746575851141871%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1h...
  23. Sansushi

What tv show are you currently binging?

on the third episode of 'squid games' on netflix. worth a watch
  24. Sansushi

Old Ears.....

I have pretty severe hearing loss above 4k and "flat measuring" speakers tend to sound harsh to me. maybe sensitivity in midrange?
Back
Top Bottom