Search results

1. willhowl

Realistic SP2B

Right, part of a "system".......would not expect much, but those are fairly good little drivers.....4" I believe OK as computer speaks, or TV, or very near-field, with a little sub.....gotta be a low dollar deal, though......willhowl
  2. willhowl

Gloat - Proton D940

Scavenger...you doggie....Good on You, mate......I had one of those, years ago, and they are really cool.... I seem to remember problems with the input selector switch....I think that they're pretty fragile....BE GENTLE!!!!! Yeah, very cool tech with the transient boost dealie......Enjoy it...
  3. willhowl

Pioneer or Realistic?

Howdy, dougdnh.....I'm a firm "Keep 'em both" guy....unless you need the bucks, or Significant Other (SO)...raises Cain!!!!! I just got a Minty Sta-77a, myself, and I really like it a lot ......I'll bet it has more bass capability than the Pioneer, but that's an irrelevant guess...... Man...
  4. willhowl

Your photo, critiqued and/or praised. It's about learning and improving.

Well, I'm Back.....Here's a new shot.......no tripod, but this one looks better to me......Fresh shot, taken after the kind input...........originally posted on another site, NO Artistic value......just a snap, really, but I got about 8 of 'em, this one looked right...That flash is Viscous...
  5. willhowl

Realistic STA-77A......recent find......

OOPS....Hey, I was wrong.... Oh well, my streak of perfection just ended.....it lasted..what?.....an hour?.......I kinda wish I had the blue, I LOVE the big M stuff...... I'm just very pleased to have what I got.....it is cool looking.................willhowl:beerchug: P.S...
  6. willhowl

Luxman $20 Garage Sale Find

Absolute Beauty....Nice Scroe,Bub............Enjoy:trebon:
  7. willhowl

Hey, Decibel_116...(You're too loud.....HarHar)...Cool Beans.....Is your display like mine (77A), or is it that lovely, Marantz-like Blue (77B)????? The stereo indicator on the pointer is great news.....mine works too, with a decent antenna.....Many of these older units, whether receiver,or...
  8. willhowl

Thanks for all responses.....Yes, there was flash and fairly harsh ambient light......I even had a tripod nearby, did not think to use it.....DO'H! Very good pointers here, I'm sure I'll get it together soon.....here's another pic, very different conditions...... I'm still seeing a touch of...
  9. willhowl

R.I.P. George Grand aka Toasted Almond

I've been away for a long while....I used to be very active here, and I remember Toasted Almond only vaguely, sad to say....but I DO remember him as an outstanding poster/member.....I am very sad to hear of this loss to the AK community, and of course to the more private family members..... 2016...
  10. willhowl

Hello, there.....I have photography experience dating back for several decades (amateur only), and I just recently upgraded my hardware....I thought.....I bought a used, but very clean Nikon s230 digicam on ShopGoodwill...It works fine. I downloaded the manual,and actually read it....here are...
  11. willhowl

Sansui 771 at Goodwill, should I grab it?

My Gut tells me that the selector switch needs a Deoxit (or your RS contact cleaner) shot.... a Tape deck, or any line-level device should work on Aux input...It's either the switch, or the input jacks themselves..... Having said that, I will say this... Deoxit is the superior product....the...
  12. willhowl

Howdy, all....I've been dormant for some time...(years).......This recent find brought me back....I have always loved AK......:bowdown: Anyhow, a thrift store visit resulted in my proud ownership of a pristine 77A receiver...here she is......... This is not a great pic, but this baby is very...
  13. willhowl

JBL: warm, non-fatiguing for HK 330C??

L40's Float My Boat!!! Howdy, Braniff727.....I had, and lost, a sweet pair of L40's a couple years back, and boy, do I miss 'em! I think that the 40's would like more juice than the 330c "Cranks" out, but...... JBL are pretty efficient speakers.....at least the L series....... Okay, I have...
  14. willhowl

minimus 7 grills

In A Can? Howdy, JRosenb88......Hey when you find some of that spray pain, let us know where you got it! I know this guy,see........ Thanks .........willhowl:banana:
  15. willhowl

KLH Model 6 questions

KLH Model Six? Well... Looky here..... Howdy, Dswankey........you might wanna look at this concurrent thread.......http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=174862 It just happens to be LIVE ....Right Now............. Good Luck......willhowl:D
  16. willhowl

I feel more liberated...I sold 7 speakers today...

There Comes A Time...... Howdy, 89grand.......Don't feel bad....you have just passed on the ability for someone else to enjoy quality audio........ Good karma.....plus, as you say, there's more out there, just waitin' for you!:banana: I was interested to see your choices in keepers......good...
  17. willhowl

Add another to the DCM fan list

More DCM Love.......... Howdy all.....I got in late on this party, but gotta say...... To OP.....Those look VERY nice, blacktops and all........I don't KNOW those TF.....DCM made some good stuff...... Also, Thanks, Wolverine......excellent link....the guy in black (?) had other...
  18. willhowl

DCM Time Windows...I Got 'Em!!!!!!

Back again................ Howdy all,thanks for your responses........ These TW have no DCM badge on the back,between the "foamkeeper-strips" , so therefore, no serial #'s.......just the stamped in #'s on the bases..... No big deal to me, I still like what I hear so far........ just...
  19. willhowl

DCM TW Serial #'s Howdy,Y'all.....89grand, did you see the serial #'s on the bases of my pix? I'm curious......79xx.......year of production/unit # ??????/.....no biggie,just curious... And...Audio Fan.......those look really nice.....under the cobwebs....at least the foam ain't ripped by...
  20. willhowl

Dynaco Thrift Store Find

Dynaco A-25.....a Classic.... Howdy all.......To the Original Poster....AKA Van_Isle......Congrats....These are the real deal, just a great, non-glamorous speaker.... And, with some searching thru AK's vast post history on these speaks, you will find mention of stacking...usually with...
  21. willhowl

Howdy, all....after a Looooooong absence, I'm still around....... Just found these DCM's at a thrift....cheap?...YES.....beat up.....YOU BET!!!!! Do they work?........YES...and they sound just fine to me! I can only play these outside, right now,.....it's a long sad story..... They...
  22. willhowl

Lab Series L5 amp by Gibson?

L5..........Heck, Yeah! Howdy, whoaru99...I don't have any direct experience with this amp, but I have seen plenty of good, positive commentary on this, and other, Lab Series amps......... Yeah, it's big,heavy and LOUD........but I'll bet it sounds very good.....If you have little invested...
  23. willhowl

Neil Young & Crazy Horse: The Rehearsal Space

WD-40? use sparingly.... I have no idea if NY or anyone in his universe does this, but I have for years..... When I restring my guitar, I take a soft cotton rag (shop rag, towel fragment), hose down a corner with WD-40 and pull the new string thru it several times BEFORE I put it on the...
  24. willhowl

KLH Tweeters

KLH Tweets Howdy cableguy2.....Quick answer is yes, several of the KLH numbered models used the same cone tweeter.....I don't have the immediate cross-reference.... If you Search, you will find........right here on AK.......willhowl:yes: P.S. Here we go...google search took less than one...
  25. willhowl

Update on the Noresco/Isophon speakers -- and some better questions

Doh!!!!!! Howdy, Rowrbazzle.....Well, I posted on your OTHER thread while you started this one......... Now I see you have a whole 'nuther ball o'wax going on....... That transformer throws me.....the other posters are right on about the Tube-amp connection......... I think that there...
Back
Top Bottom