Search results

1. T

Marantz 6100 slow with new belt installed

Just wanted to say that my Marantz 6100 was playing slow and after cleaning the motor bushing and the platter spindle just like the OP, I'm happy to say I'm spinning at the proper speed again!!! THANK YOU!!!!
  2. T

Can someone recommend an FM antenna that works with old receivers?

Right now I'm using a loop style antenna but I cant be sure that it is even doing anything. There are no labels on it and it was laying around. It might be for AM only. Stereo is upstairs at the moment. I'm just trying to get a local station that's close by to come in stereo. My Yamaha CT810...
  3. T

Can someone recommend an FM antenna that works with old receivers?

Can someone recommend a good 300 ohm FM antenna that works with old receivers? Or am I better off using the 75 ohm port? Do I need to get one of those 300 ohm to bnc type adapters and get a more modern antenna? I'm a little lost and could use some guidance. I'm having trouble with FM stereo...
  4. T

Is an Empire TC-40 an MM or MC?

Hopefully this is an easy question... I can't find info on the net... anyone know? Thanks
  5. T

Anyone familiar with a Model 6100 Turntable?? See pics!!

ordered another belt just incase i stretched this one... playing the waiting game :banana:
  6. T

hmmmm.... i used the reject lever to return the tone arm and that worked... also, it seems to be spinning at 32.7 all on its own... which is promising but still a little slow
  7. T

well if i start spinning it and give it a little nudge in the right direction, i can get it to spin at a steady 32.7, so the record is tolerable and not warbling.... i think i read in the service manual it has a tolerance of like +-1.3 rpms for speed... hrmmmm
  8. T

No adjustments on the arm from what i can tell. Service manual doesn't say anything about it either. I managed to get everything working by using a couple nylon spacers between the red washer and c clamp. Only problem now is I'm spinning too slow at high 29s low 30s. Using an app on my phone, my...
  9. T

Yea I think I'll leave the rubber that's on there and you're right, just add a washer between the red one and the c clip, that should be enough. Thanks!
  10. T

its closer to where it needs to be now but i think if i just put another rubber grommet on the underside it will give me just a smidge more that i need.
  11. T

yea that little screw won't budge... if i crank on it more i might strip it... :no: never mind i kept at it, finally got it to break free
  12. T

I have the belt, it will not fit properly. Its supposed to fit around the platter and be adjusted up and down with that lever. Ok I see the little flat head screw. Looks like it has red lock tight on it. Ill see what adjustments this gives me.
  13. T

Recently got a Marantz 6100 Turntable. It was missing the belt and the stylus was bad so I ordered a belt and new stylus for the empire tc40 cartridge that was on there.... Now here is where I'm stumped. The motor shaft seems to sit too low for the belt to properly fit the platter and shaft...
  14. T

Recognize these speakers? Can't find a brand label.

Hooked em up and had a listen. They sound pretty good for what they are. The squawker gives it more mids compared to the optimus 30s I have but that's to be expected since the 30s are just a woofer and a tweeter. Still don't hold a candle to my polk monitor 10s but hey, not bad for a freebie.
  15. T

[How to] LED conversion Yamaha CT-600, CT-810 and CA-810 (AC to DC conversion)

I have a CT-810 that has one bulb burned out. Is there a drop in replacement or do I have to switch to LED and do the bridge rectifier and cap mod that you did? Nice work by the way.
  16. T

Refoamed tonight. Will have a listen tomorrow. More clues, it appears "T771" is written on the inside of both cabs.
  17. T

I just ordered the refoam kit yesterday so I haven't listened to them yet.
  18. T

I could not find a single sticker or any other identifying markings on these things inside or out other than what was on the back of the drivers.
  19. T

Yea I could fill this thread up with speakers that look similar across many different brands.
  20. T

...the search continues....
  21. T

Here they are. I think the port is the most well made feature on these things! Screws go in straight and line up! Here is where the badge was glued to the cloth grill.
  22. T

I've seen similar models from JVC, Phillips, Sansui, Kenwood, Namco and maybe a few more but in most cases, the tweeter and top port are opposite of what mine are.
  23. T

Haha, its funny you say that. I bought a Sansui AU-D5, TU-55 tuner, D-300M cassette player, and an FR-D35 turn table all for an agreed upon price. When he dropped this stuff off, he gave me the speakers FREE! :banana:
  24. T

I would hope they are not white van, but I'm just comparing the build quality to other speakers I have. Optimus 30s and Polk monitor 10s. These aren't even in the same ballpark. I seriously doubt the previous owner replaced anything. Maybe ill ask just to make sure. I was hoping to identify...
Back
Top Bottom