Search results

1. Moby Dick

Jbl speaker I.D.

Does anyone recognize these? Has a jbl N 1200 crossover. Brass corner protectors. Chrome dust covers. Home made?
  2. Moby Dick

Help me choose a vintage speaker

I am getting down to finishing a room for my stereo and guitar gear. I would like to keep a vintage theme as I have a pioneer sx980 and Marantz 2265b. I’m looking for help choosing a classic set of speakers to finish-off the mancave. Considering I can pick up any one of these three speakers in...
  3. Moby Dick

HPM 100 price

What do you think a nice set(8.5/10) of HPM 100s is worth?
  4. Moby Dick

Ikea Kallax stereo cabinet hack

I found a cool project online using an IKEA kallax as the starting point for a cabinet to hold albums and gear. Here’s the original link: https://www.reddit.com/r/ikeahacks/comments/at26xo/upgraded_ikea_kallax_hifi_record_storage/ I decided to make one for myself after searching for about a...
  5. Moby Dick

Streaming CD player

Hello, I’m looking to pick up an inexpensive CD player to play my old CDs occasionally through my Marantz 2265b. I noticed they sell streaming CD players now. Does that mean I can stream music from my phone through the CD player into my Marantz, or is it the CD player streams to wireless...
  6. Moby Dick

Cartridge id help

Looking at purchasing a table with this cartridge. Sorry for the poor photo, I didn’t take the photo. I know someone here will recognize this. Please help me identify it. Thanks.
  7. Moby Dick

Cartridge I.D.

Looking for help identifying this cartridge. I apologize the photo is not clear. Thank you.
  8. Moby Dick

Sansui 9090 and Harmon kardon rabco ST-7

Would someone please give me a guess on market value for a Sansui 9090 in excellent original condition and a Harmon kardon rabco st-7 in excellent condition with some type of ortofon cartridge? Thank you.
  9. Moby Dick

New SX 980 day!

A couple months ago I sold my SX 880 to help mitigate the cost of a Marantz 2265b refurbish. No sooner than the Marantz returned from service I started missing my Pioneer(not that I don’t LOVE The Marantz, I do!). Long story short, I traded a set of Elac uni-fi ub5s for the SX 980. It was in...
  10. Moby Dick

Elac uni fi ub5 and Marantz 2265B

Does anyone have any experience with an older Marantz receiver using new elac speakers? I am planning on picking up a pair of elac uni fi ub5 speakers and they are rated at 4ohms. Will my Marantz 2265B have any issues pushing these speakers at low to moderate levels? Thanks for your input.
  11. Moby Dick

Stream phone to Marantz 2265B(yes again, sorry!)

I know this question has been asked countless times in the last ten years but I would like to know what are the best options for streaming music from an IPhone or android phone to my Marantz 2265B receiver. I have a logitech Bluetooth receiver but want something better than Bluetooth. Can...
  12. Moby Dick

Leon speakers?

does anyone have any experience with Leon speakers? They are made in Ann Arbor MI. They have a current website and look like they are tailored towards commercial or custom installations. Just looking for opinions of someone who has listened to these.
  13. Moby Dick

Recommendations for wall mounted speakers

Hello AK. With the arrival of a fully restored Marantz 2265b just two weeks away, I am preparing for what might be my only opportunity to gain a footing on the main floor of our home. I am looking for advice on wall mounted bookshelf speakers for stereo listening of my vintage system. They...
  14. Moby Dick

Help identifying jbl speakers

Can anyone please help identify this jbl speaker. Description says it’s a 16in speaker with separate tweeter horn. That’s all I got. Thanks!
  15. Moby Dick

NSD!(new sansui day)

I have been on the look-out for a set of sansui sp series speakers with the curved lattice grille for awhile. I realize these speakers are not highly regarded for their sound but I’m a sucker for a pretty face so what can I say? Found these on my local Craigslist for a price I was willing live...
  16. Moby Dick

Technics sl1100a value

hello, I would like opinions on the used market value of a technics sl1100a in good used condition but missing two feet. Cartridge unknown. Thank you for your input.
  17. Moby Dick

Technics sl1100

I have a line on purchasing a technics sl1100a. I have not confirmed the condition of the table other than it is missing two feet and it is in "good working condition ". I am looking for information and opinions on this table. I know nothing about it other than a cursory google search. I have a...
  18. Moby Dick

New vintage TT score! Pl 540 content

I am new to this awesome hobby and love the pioneer pl 500 line of turntables. I have had my eye on the local Craigslist like a hawk and today was my lucky day. This afternoon a listing for a "turntable for sale" popped-up. I clicked on the link and low and behold a pioneer pl 540 was listed...
  19. Moby Dick

Pioneer pl518 turntable

I'm considering buying a pioneer pl518. The seller is asking $175. Is this table a good buy for that price? I know what they sell for on eBay, I'm looking for opinions of people who own or owned one. Thank you
  20. Moby Dick

Request for help identifying speakers please

Can anyone identify this speaker? I would appreciate the help. Thank you.
  21. Moby Dick

Vintage Marantz models questiona

I'm new to this hobby and have been bitten by the Marantz bug. Been researching the Marantz 22XX receivers and am curious about model number designations. Why would Marantz produce very similar models such as the 2265 and 2265b at the same time? What was the marketing strategy when they both...
  22. Moby Dick

Marantz 2265b

Just picked up a 1978 marantz 2265b one owner in 9/10 cosmetic condition for $50! It came with the original owners manual. Only problem is owner says it blows a fuse when powered on. I have not yet turned it on because I am leaving for Florida tomorrow. I am really hoping I am capable of...
  23. Moby Dick

Marantz 2265b value in non-working condition

I'm looking for input in regards to the market value of a marantz 2265b which currently doesn't work but is a one owner otherwise excellent condition integrated tuner/amp without the wood case. All I have for info is it blows a fuse when powered on. Any help is much appreciated.
  24. Moby Dick

New guy needs TT advice please

greetings! I'm new to this hobby and making my first purchase today. I would very much appreciate advice from this knowledgeable forum on a purchase. I'm picking up a pioneer sx 880 and cs 77 speakers today. I would also like to pick up a turntable today as well. I have narrowed it down to...
Back
Top Bottom