Search results

1. Facie

KEF R900s?

So at the risk of inserting more confusion into my purchase, a friend recommended the Revel Performa3 F206. Does anyone have thoughts on how the KEF R7s compare? I don't have a place locally where I can auditioned either pair.
  2. Facie

KEF R900s?

All good information and thank you!
  3. Facie

KEF R900s?

So, I've decided to finally upgrade my current speakers. I've been thinking about the KEFs R900. My price range is anything $5k and under. I'm running a REGA Elix-R and REGA RP6 TT. The room is reasonably small (over a 3 car garage) with hardwood floors. Anyone have experience with the...
  4. Facie

I need new speakers

So I'm considering the KEF R900s too. Is your opinion unchanged after all this time? Thanks!
  5. Facie

Rega Elex-R owners?

I ended up purchasing the Elex about 6 weeks ago. I did a strict A/B test with the Brio and the Elex. The difference was subtle, but there. The Elex had a wider and deeper sound stage. The Elex also (to my ears at least) seemed to handle the high end with greater finesse. I've had my Elex...
  6. Facie

Just acquired KG4s and was wondering about amps. . .

I ended up pairing them with a Rega Elex-R and an RP6 TT. I'm running Transparent cables. Right now, I'm letting everything break in and settle. I'll report back with what my ears tell me in the next few weeks.
  7. Facie

I'm still researching and listening to various options. :-)
  8. Facie

Review of MA 5200

I'd love to hear your report back. I've been demoing various Rega TTs (the Planar 3, RP6 and RP8). I'd love your thoughts on how your RP3 played through that phono pre!
  9. Facie

Rega Unvails 2017 Brio-R!

I went back yesterday to audition the RP6 TT with the Brio-R. The difference is fairly significant over the Planar 3. If you're thinking of upgrading the Planar 3 to add the external power supply unit (about $350), then I'd strongly suggest you give the RP6 a listen. By the time you upgrade...
  10. Facie

Planar 3 versus MMF 5.3

Really? I had assumed the bronze would be better all around but haven't heard it. Again, I'm new to this.
  11. Facie

Planar 3 versus MMF 5.3

I'm pretty new at this and am purchasing my first TT. I think I've narrowed it down to the Rega Planar 3 and the Music Hall MMF 5.3. I've heard the Planar 3, but not the MMF 5.3 (can't find a local place that carries it). Do folks have thoughts on the direct comparison of the 2? I'm...
  12. Facie

Rega Elex-R owners?

Any more feedback on the Elex? I'm deciding between the new Brio (2017 version) and the Elex. Don't need a ton of volume (small room) and have highly efficient speakers. What are people thinking now that their Elex is broken in? Anyone have any direct experience with the new 2017 Brio...
  13. Facie

Rega Unvails 2017 Brio-R!

I just demoed one today running a planar 3. I'd never heard either before. Great sound. I wasn't a huge fan of the Rega 3 speakers (bass was slightly inarticulate for me) but the brio-r really surprised me. I'm struggling with the lack of any digital input. I guess i understand their design...
  14. Facie

KG4s and Brio R amp

I'm a newbie here and picked up a pair of KG4s. Does anyone run these with the Rega Brio-R amp? I auctioned that amp today and really like it, but it was running through the store's Rega speakers. I haven't had the time to haul my KG4s up there to try them out. Trying to decide if that amp is...
  15. Facie

Review of MA 5200

Anyone else have more insight after extended use?
  16. Facie

So I've just entered this world . . . err addiction. . . when my wife got me a TT for Christmas. I picked up a gorgeous pair of KG4s today from a nice guy who was downsizing gear. I have nothing other than a TT and the new KG4s. I know people say to use tubes with these bad boys. What...
  17. Facie

Music Hall MMF 5.3

I'm new to both this forum and this addiction. My sweet wife purchased a TT for me for Christmas (my first since I was a kid) and I need to return it due to a defect. I'm shopping for a replacement (the one she got me isn't available any longer). I've been looking at the MMF 5.3 (with the 2M...
Back
Top Bottom