Search results

1. mclothier3

Klipsch SW10 schematic?

Wondering if anybody has a schematic for the Klipsch SW10 powered sub? or know a website that might have it? Im not having much luck finding one. Trying to help a friend get his going, the power supply went out, and a schematic would be a huge plus. thanks!
  2. mclothier3

Bringing a SX-1010 back to life

regarding the 8 ohm dummy load.... I currently dont have one. What wattage should I use?
  3. mclothier3

Got the power supply rebuilt.. found three bad caps in the process, cleaned the controls, serviced the protect relay contacts since I had the left channel sporadically dropping out. Still need to check and adjust idle and bias.... any good threads on that?
  4. 20181215_145623

20181215_145623

5. mclothier3

Got the new parts installed and ITS ALIVE !! Next up will be rebuilding the power supply board, cleaning the controls, etc.
  6. mclothier3

I would keep the originals, but one of them appears to have been hot at one point (see the pic I uploaded in post #7) The resistance on that one was measuring 3.8k out of circuit.
  7. mclothier3

Ok good to know. For the 3.3k bleeder resistors (R2 and R3) will this work? https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/71-CPF23K3000FKE14
  8. mclothier3

Awesome! thanks for the link to the pdf, I will cross check before ordering. Cant wait to pair the SX-1010 with my pair of 19's and Santana's :rockon:
  9. mclothier3

They were wire wrapped, I have a tool that wraps/unwraps so no cutting involved. I should have plenty of slack to crimp on some screw terminals. Im trying to find the thread that has a BOM for rebuilding the power supply board. I would like to order all the parts needed in one shot if possible.
  10. mclothier3

Think I got it.... hooked the wires back up to terminals 15/16 but still kept the Amp boards isolated and it looks like bad filter caps. Any sourcing recommendations for 18,000 uF 63v caps and 3.3k bleeder resistors? Plus power supply rebuild parts.
  11. mclothier3

Thanks for the scan! What is confusing me right now is how it now powers up with the Amp disconnected, but Im not seeing low resistance on the power supply leads to the Amp... i.e. where did the short go? Im not seeing that the orange and red wires are connected to anything else besides the Amp...
  12. mclothier3

Answers in bold...
  13. mclothier3

I purchased a lot of vintage electronics at an auction a couple years ago, Included in the lot was a Pioneer SX-1010 of unknown origins. I remember bringing it home and plugging it in to find out that its blowing the main fuse on the back panel. I sat it in my pile of stuff to be repaired, fast...
  14. mclothier3

Need help with Altec Model 19 speaker grills!

FYI The ebay seller that has the fasteners... he sells them at $3.95 each, but you will need to buy 32 to get a full set since there are two parts to each fastener. Kind of a ripoff. Im rebuilding an original set of covers right now, so if you still need bare frame pics or dimensions, hit me up.
  15. mclothier3

Outdoor audio

The indoor receiver really isn't an option for me, was hoping to find a small stand alone unit. I already ran three ac circuits and a 1" gas line out to the patio, I might be able to run another conduit... but don't really want to bust into $5k of concrete to do it. I think one of those entry...
  16. mclothier3

Outdoor audio

ok thanks... I have several low end vintage receivers that would work, but no BT, and no remote. I saw I could grab a new Insignia with BT and remote for around $75 so unless I find something better, that should do it. the marine thing has me interested... it would be a much smaller footprint...
  17. mclothier3

Outdoor audio

Looking for suggestions for an outdoor audio system... I am in the middle of a long term patio project and I am needing suggestions on Receivers and speakers. I jumped the gun and purchased a Pyle receiver that looked like it had the features I was looking for. I knew the Pyle brand was junk...
  18. mclothier3

What's your latest audio purchase?

a pair of Altec 19's Wow... they sound awesome!
  19. mclothier3

After Long Layoff From Ebay...Need Non-Pay Advice

Message the buyer and offer to cancel the sale, if they give you the ok, then you are good to go. Cancel the sale with the reason "buyer changed mind" You can cancel without their approval, but it will be a defect. The only other way is to open the non paying case
  20. mclothier3

There are scammers... I hope nobody ever has to deal with them. Couple of ways to protect yourself... get a UV ink pen and put your own secret "mark" on the item, that way if the buyer tries to buy your pristine item, thenjoy returns a piece of crap... you'll have proof. Of course it never...
  21. mclothier3

Sansui Frequently asked, and more...

Yes, Ive seen his website... I sent him an email this time. Thanks!
  22. mclothier3

Just guessing here, but I believe its an 8v bulb and its running at 6v... I think the reason they done it this way is because the bulb is mounted sideways behind the faceplate, and it shines through a red lens. The bulb itself has a guard over it so that all of the light shines through to the...
  23. mclothier3

I opened a NPB case after 4 days manually, the buyer immediately paid,I immediately shipped, as soon as the buyer received the item, he left negative feedback saying I was "impatient" and needed $ in a hurry... I appealed the Feedback,and eBay said that they couldnt remove it since it was the...
  24. mclothier3

From what I can tell, it dont have a part number? supposedly its 8v .15a (power indicator PL001) also looking for the protection circuit bulb (PL002) which is something like 25v ? Ive hit up the only Radio Shack we have in town, plus a old time electronics parts shop, no dice! I cant even find...
Back
Top Bottom