Search results

1. T

Technics SL-5 vs SL-QD3

That's interesting– I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
  2. T

Yamaha A-1000 integrated amp Class A

I've just started using the same Yamaha A-1000, and in my experience, the difference is *very* slight, but there. The bass has a bit more presence in Class A, sometimes (and only when I'm in Source Direct mode). Just my 2 cents!
  3. T

Technics SL-5 vs SL-QD3

Okay, now this is nuts... I went with the SL-QD3, and bought a new Audio-Technica AT92ECD cartridge for it. Decided to do a little comparing it to my Audio-Technica ATLP60 with ATN3600L stylus (with phono output– I'm not a savage!), hooked up to my 1983 Yamaha A-1000 amp, at the 47 k-amps...
  4. T

Technics SL-5 vs SL-QD3

Heh– okay, so at least I know I'm not missing something in the listing...
  5. T

Technics SL-5 vs SL-QD3

Thanks! So here's my next silly question... How can you tell that this stylus will fit the AT92ECD cart? I've been trying to figure out my stylus options, and can't figure out what I should check to make sure stylus and cart are compatible.
  6. T

Technics SL-5 vs SL-QD3

I have always loved the sound on AT carts. From the instructions, it looks like the AT92ECD will go right into a p-mount arm, but is that right, or is an adapter needed? And is there a replacement stylus that's recommended for the AT92ECD?
  7. T

Technics SL-5 vs SL-QD3

Okay, the SL-QD3 is bought! Picking it up Tuesday! Thanks for help and advice, everyone! Next... cartridge/stylus! It's currently got a Technics P153S cartridge, which I think would be fine, though I might switch to an Audio-Technica AT300P or maybe a Shure M92E just to start fresh. Any...
  8. T

Technics SL-5 vs SL-QD3

Woah! That's bad! One of my daughter's favorite records is a 10". Thanks for the heads-up.
  9. T

Technics SL-5 vs SL-QD3

I definitely prefer a hands off, autoplay turntable; looking for the best sound I can get with that experience (and under $250). But illni, balily, you guys seem pretty convinced– what's the problem I'm not seeing?
  10. T

Technics SL-5 vs SL-QD3

I'm the owner of an A-T LP60, looking to upgrade, and both of these have come up in area Craigslist searches for about $100. So now I'm trying to decide! Looking at the specs for the two tables, wow & flutter and rumble seem the same. The SL-5 is p-mount, so it'll be harder to find cartridges...
  11. T

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Used my Xmas money for vinyl of Sonic Youth's "Daydream Nation" and the remaster of Robert Johnson's "King of the Delta Blues Singers" on 180-gram vinyl. The former sounds damn fine, the latter sounds amazing.
  12. T

Dual 1237 vs Technics BL-300

Thanks, everyone! I think I'll pass on all three of 'em!
  13. T

Thanks for the replies, everyone! I had been thinking the Dual would be a great deal, but sounds like I overestimated.
  14. T

Hey all, I’m in NYC, where turntable deals are thin on the ground. But I’m looking for a new automatic tt as an upgrade from my AT LP-60. I’m looking at three tt’s, all going for about $150: a Dual 1237, a Technics BL-300, and a Technics SL-DD33, which would be mostly for jazz and electronic...
Back
Top Bottom