Search results

1. Fab4Vinyl57

Rubber Soul. & Help Mono Recommendations

I have no experience with bartertown. Is it literally bartering or trading? How do I find that site? Thank You!
  2. Fab4Vinyl57

Barter Town? You mean like trade? I dunno if I have anything valuable that I would trade. What did you trade for it? Thanks! ( wtb?)
  3. Fab4Vinyl57

Yeah, too bad the VG+ UK pressing run from $80-$200 or more. Even the 2014 reissued that I used to buy for $20-$25 are in the hundreds now. It's freaking nuts!
  4. Fab4Vinyl57

Is this 1966 Red Label French Odeon play decently. Dunno much about these Pressings. Thanks! https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1857754903
  5. Fab4Vinyl57

Hi- I have been working on finding decent mono Pressings of both of these amazing LP's. The asking prices at Discogs and EBay have really skyrocketed recently, particularly the later reissued. I am looking to complete my collection of the 1963-67 releases in mono,. Any advice on how to score a...
  6. Fab4Vinyl57

Audio Technica AT100E stylus upgrade

Any thoughts on the best upgrade path? Most of my LP's have wear, almost all rated VG+. Equipment is a Technics SL D3, Bose 141 speakers and a Rotel RX-202 receiver. My cartridge is the LP Gear 3600. Apparently there are no decent stylus upgrades. I also have an AT 3311e as a backup. Maybe an...
  7. Fab4Vinyl57

Genesis 180 Gram UK Reissues. Thoughts?

I have had bad luck with Nursery Crime and Foxtrot Reissues as I've been priced out of the most reliable early UK pressings and Classic Reissues from 2013. I see that Burning Shed in UK has both of these LP's listed for sale as recent UK 180 gram reissues. Any thoughts, opinions, ratings on...
  8. Fab4Vinyl57

Anyone? Happy Thanksgiving!
  9. Fab4Vinyl57

Any thoughts on this one? Thanks! Audio-Technica AT-VMN95EN Elliptical Replacement Turntable Stylus Orange Or this one? https://www.lpgear.com/product/LPGATN3600DLXHE.html
  10. Fab4Vinyl57

Meanwhile back in New Jersey... When I copied and pasted this model, it was corrected to model ATN3600L Would that be the same stylus? Are there others. Danke Schoen, Manfred!
  11. Fab4Vinyl57

Sorry, bit I am confused too. I thought that the CF was modeled after the AT95e. Guess I assumed this one would work. Does anyone know what stylus upgrade would be beneficial for excessive surface noise on the CF 3600LE? I sent an email request to LP Tunes for their stylus matching service...
  12. Fab4Vinyl57

How about this one? ATN95EX or AT-VM95E - .3 x .7 Mil??
  13. Fab4Vinyl57

I am looking to upgrade my stylus on my technics SL d3. Currently have a LP gear Carbon Fidelity CF 3600LE cartridge. This looks like a deal, cheaper than the 95E. Any thoughts? Thanks very much!
  14. Fab4Vinyl57

Best Tracking Cartridge For a Technics SL-D3??

I went with this one, hoping it sounds better to my ears. I will review it here. Thanks again! LP TUNES CARBON FIDELITY CF3600LE CARTRIDGE
  15. Fab4Vinyl57

That's crazy, Kent. Now I wonder if my copy is a bootleg, got to look at the dead wax again. I met Levy, mafioso.
  16. Fab4Vinyl57

Thanks very much for all your advice and input. Everyone's ears are different. That being said, I saw somewhere here that the AT95e was being compared to the Ortofon Red. If it sounds anything like that I want no part of it...and I was ready to bite on a mounted one at $69, worth it to me per my...
  17. Fab4Vinyl57

Thank You. I just typed a response but wasn't logged in? Most of the technical terms you used went over my head, although the other reason for wanted to get my backup tt working is that the phono cables on the SD-3 have been shorting out recently and I have them taped to the top of my...
  18. Fab4Vinyl57

Thank you. I have heard nothing but good things about Sumiko cartridges. If it is simular and as forgiving as the Grado, it may work well for my needs. I just found one for $70, $30 less than the Grado Black. BTW, my Grado shorted out, got no signal from it. It was 4 years old.
  19. Fab4Vinyl57

Grado Black, LP Tunes Carbon, Sumiko or AT95E?

Hello- I am back to square one again. I was happy with my Grado Black and it died. A couple of people recommended the Ortofon Red - It is a rather unforgiving cartridge for my vinyl, using with my SLD 3. I have a 2nd Technics, a SL-3200 that may just need a maintenance 'tune up and lube'. Would...
  20. Fab4Vinyl57

Hi. I am back to square one again. I was happy with my Grado Black and it died. A couple of people recommended the Ortofon Red - It is a rather unforgiving cartridge for my vinyl, using with my SLD 3. I have a 2nd Technics, a SL-3200 that may just need a maintenance 'tune up and lube'. Would the...
  21. Fab4Vinyl57

Technics SL-D3 has a Channel Out

It most likely is.
  22. Fab4Vinyl57

Sent an email to Grado and they said to send the cartridge back to them. That gives me the excuse to put my AT cartridge back on. I will see what happens. Thanks,!
  23. Fab4Vinyl57

Thanks. So, it could be in the wires, or the pins. If it's either wouldn't this require rewiring or mote intensive repair? Could it be the cartridge? That Grado is only about 7 months old...sigh... I guess I will cross that road when I come to it.
  24. Fab4Vinyl57

Oh duh. Doh!
  25. Fab4Vinyl57

Que? I don't know that that means...what head?
Back
Top Bottom