Search results

1. Tia

KLF 30, what’s not to like?

Grabbed a pair last week from a friend so here is my take on what's not to like- The mid horn. While not that bad, I think it could use some attention. Will be wrapping it with dynomat in the next couple of days. The tweeter. Replaced diaphram with Crites titanium and made a world of difference...
  2. Tia

How about some back yard nature pictures?

This was at our old house. Haven't lived there since 2015. Talked to a neighbor from the old hood last week and he thinks the albino deer have moved out. They opened up a trail access at the end of the street which has created more human pressure on the area.
  3. Tia

Monoprice Tube amp IIIP

It looks like it might attach to the heat sink as I think that is a solder point on the heatsink.
  4. Tia

Monoprice Tube amp IIIP

I picked this up tonight with the hopes of trouble shooting a hum. I my less than capable hands, a wire has come loose and I don't know where it's supposed to go. It looks as if it might mount to the heat sink, but.......did a search with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.
  5. Tia

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

It's your charcuterie board Wednesday smile of the day
  6. Tia

4270 Surprise

Why is that? Curious.
  7. Tia

4270 Surprise

Well, I drank the kool aid. Been wanting a Marantz for the sake of saying I own a Marantz and I like the looks of most Marantz receivers. Ad popped up on CL saying make an offer. The ad sat for a few days and I figured what the heck, shot him a figure and he said that is totally reasonable and...
  8. Tia

I got a new reel to reel last week. Last night my wife told me it was ugly and to move it out of the music room. I texted her today -
  9. Tia

9090db help

Would help to know your location. I have a recommendation here in the Pacific NW.
  10. Tia

9090DB without Dolby

I did a trade for a 9090DB a few weeks ago and was impressed with how it performed with my Cornwalls playing rock/metal music. I ended up trading the 9090DB for a AU11000A because I have had a romance with the AU11000 since I sold one 6 years ago. The AU11000A is great but it is in a different...
  11. Tia

My wife asked "did you grill the salmon?" I said "yep, but I still don't think he is telling me the truth."
  12. Tia

Decorator dress up

Well, got them done. Crites T35 tweeter upgrade, mid horn gaskets, new dust covers and new caps. The risers are Crites. Wanted to leave them as close to original as possible.
  13. Tia

You got to hand it to the guy. Hey, I make so much money it gives me a- Let's use that as a logo!
  14. Tia

So I really think I'm through.... When did you know you were?

The pre amp. I struggled with my various systems over the years, dropped channels, weak channels, crackling, hums, very loud buzzing, to name a few. Decided to go with a new pre amp about 6 months ago. Knowing I was on solid ground with the new pre, I then was able to asses other components. Now...
  15. Tia

Happy 4/20, everyone!!!

And a pic of my Cornwall Decorators I finished last night. Happy 4/20
  16. Tia

Happy 4/20, everyone!!!

It's my Daughters birthday today and Idaho just passed the legalization of hemp. I know, not the real stuff but moving in the right direction I hope.
  17. Tia

Craigslist: Portland, OR

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/ele/d/seattle-mcintosh-amp-preamp/7307295867.html You guys are closer than me.
  18. Tia

How many people do you think are going to google this.........nevermind..........
  19. Tia

What tv show are you currently binging?

Just got done with Who Killed Sarah. Trying to get back into Ozark. S2 E2. Wife and I noticed last night most of the scenes are visually dark on Ozark.
  20. Tia

Realistic Mach 2 value

What is the going rate for a pair of these Mach 2's? They are in nice condition with minimal scratches.
  21. Tia

CW II cabinet, to stuff or not to stuff?

I followed the original batting pattern using this stuff in my custom Cornwalls. Will be using the same in a set of Decorators I'm restoring...
  22. Tia

Decorator dress up

Decided to go with a cherry veneer. Had a friend come over and help me apply the veneer, this was my first time. We decide to grain match the sides to top. We were also able to grain match 1 side to the front (see first photo). Technically, you could call these a grain matched mirrored pair...
Back
Top Bottom